Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303176 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    For whatever reasons this conference decided to play or that conference decided to not play this thread is titled OU Sports so who cares? Let’s just say my beloved OU Sooners win the “fall” football championship. It will be put in the records as:

2020 National Champions OU (*)
    Hey if OSU can count a war time, disputed 1945 national championship...anyone who wins one this year is in the clear! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Most all sports, pro and amateur will have one.
    I haven't really cared about the NBA playoffs for the same reason. The fans are part of the equation.

Golf, Nascar, and maybe tennis are sports where fan presence doesn't really matter.

3. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Many outlets that cover OU football are saying that OU will be short quite a few players out tomorrow night from either testing positive or in quarantine.

They're still a 42.5 point favorite, which should tell you something about how bad Missouri State is.

5. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    They're still a 42.5 point favorite, which should tell you something about how bad Missouri State is.
    Yeah. I’m not spending $40 to watch this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Yeah. I’m not spending $40 to watch this game.
    It was cool to watch some of our new guys get their first crack at it, especially Rattler...but our watch party was empty by half time lol. On the positive side, much better to put a beat down on a bad team than lose to a mediocre/bad one like ISU, Kansas, and KSU did and Tech nearly did.

You wonder how many the virus/quarantine is going to affect games throughout the season.

OU was down at least a dozen guys last night including several starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You wonder how many the virus/quarantine is going to affect games throughout the season.

It’s definitely going to be a factor for everyone going forward. Should make playoff selection and seeding conversations more interesting. Will teams be given the benefit of the doubt when the lose because half their starters were unable to play or will the committee just decide that a loss is a loss regardless since everyone is living under the same restrictions?

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I've not seen a reason Pledger was out. Was it COVID or something else?

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I've not seen a reason Pledger was out. Was it COVID or something else?
    Only they know. Reports said this morning that there were 17 OU players that apparently weren’t on the sidelines.

Every i saw seemed to be wearing a mask when walking around, more people were not wearing them when sitting. On the west side in between the end zones it was pretty well distanced. The only place people were sitting were spaced out by chair backs on the bleachers. I didnt see anyone not sitting with a chair back. The only concern about social distancing was the student section. Several parts appeared to be pretty packed in there.
    There was also a few sections that seemed to be saved for students that were completely empty. Not sure how to get kids to move over but they have a few weeks to figure that out.
    Hopefully OU will be able to start doing what UT did and if you want to a ticket to the game you have to get a covid test on friday and if its negative you get your ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

the Big 12 needs to go the the NFL protocol 2 negative tests get you out of contact trace quarantine (with daily tests following)

There will be changes made for the next home game. That is where the City has jurisdiction.

Mayor: Changes on table after unsafe game day gatherings | News | normantranscript.com
    https://www.normantranscript.com/new...9bd71424c.html

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Joe Castiglione said a lot of the same. They know they dropped the ball.

mask police mask police ...... o no young people having drinks .... o no

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    There will be changes made for the next home game. That is where the City has jurisdiction.

Mayor: Changes on table after unsafe game day gatherings | News | normantranscript.com
    https://www.normantranscript.com/new...9bd71424c.html
    in your linked article the norman PD says it doesn't do anything about covid policy

17. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

OU has announced that student tickets may be reduced or eliminated if students can't follow policies. Good for them.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

So much for having one of the best offensive lines in the country.

DCSooner comment incoming in 3......2......1.......

This is why I didn't by into any hype especially from the sports guys over at channel 5 when they beat up on Missouri St. IT WAS MISSOURI ST.

HangryHippo Guest

The line play on both sides was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    DCSooner comment incoming in 3......2......1.......
    You saw what I saw. No defense, young inexperienced QB, OL not as talented, can't tackle or cover.. Overrated as No 3 team in nation. Thankful I won't waste $$$ going to the CFB playoff and witness another Ass whipping

23. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oh yeah. Then there were the plays where our safeties and corners were 10 to 15 yards away from receivers, letting them catch easy TD passes. Today at least this team wasn't very good on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    You saw what I saw. No defense, young inexperienced QB, OL not as talented, can't tackle or cover.. Overrated as No 3 team in nation. Thankful I won't waste $$$ going to the CFB playoff and witness another Ass whipping
    yeah I really can’t disagree with any of that. We sucked.

Blog Entries

Very disappointing performance, agree with anyone who says we were overrated...

Thread Information