Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Corner

Default Re: Cajun Corner

i really like cajun corner! glad to see the southside getting a little love.

Cajun Corner is a really nice place. Them along with the catch and Sam Soutbern Eatery on I-240 really fulfills my Cajun taste in OKC. OKC has developed an amazing Cajun seafood scene in surprised it isn’t talked about more.

looks like they were pouring the foundation this morning on the southside cajun corner...

Just south of the Cajun Corner under construction near I-44 and SW 104th, plans have been filed for a strip center.

Given the drive-thru, I suspect one tenant will be Scooter's Coffee:

I agree, I think the wooden riser is a dead giveaway for Scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just south of the Cajun Corner under construction near I-44 and SW 104th, plans have been filed for a strip center.

Given the drive-thru, I suspect one tenant will be Scooter's Coffee:

I'm not an engineer but have had to fight trying to back out of or get to parking spaces when the drive thru line extends through the parking lot. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the drive thru on the other end of the building so the line could wrap around the back side of the building?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I'm not an engineer but have had to fight trying to back out of or get to parking spaces when the drive thru line extends through the parking lot. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the drive thru on the other end of the building so the line could wrap around the back side of the building?
    maybe i'm missing something, but it looks to me like it does exactly that. it looks to me as if customers order on the south side of the building with two lanes to order from. the line then wraps around the back (east side) of the building and the pickup window is on the north side. if the line overflows, then it will extend out from the south entrance, so none of the parking spaces will be blocked.

oh... and related to cajun corner, framing started to go up last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    maybe i'm missing something, but it looks to me like it does exactly that. it looks to me as if customers order on the south side of the building with two lanes to order from. the line then wraps around the back (east side) of the building and the pickup window is on the north side. if the line overflows, then it will extend out from the south entrance, so none of the parking spaces will be blocked.
    I think you are correct looking at closer. I was thinking where it looks like maybe an ordering menu sign on the SE corner was the drive thru window. Will go great next to Cajun Corner

10. Default Re: Cajun Corner

Has the south location opened up? I drove by and the parking lot was full and the big patio fan was on.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Has the south location opened up? I drove by and the parking lot was full and the big patio fan was on.
    Not officially. They are probably doing training / friends & family type of thing.

From their FB page:

Join us this Thursday, May 12 as we soft-launch the newest Cajun Corner! Our hours will be 11-10 on Thursday and we hope to see you there

12. Default Re: Cajun Corner

I've been told that their opening was delayed because they didn't put in a detention pond.

interesting... aerial imagery shows one installed just south and east of buffalo wild wings. i'm sure the intention was for it to be shared by multiple tenants. perhaps cajun corner didn't tie into it properly or the pond isn't adequately sized for both businesses.

14. Default Re: Cajun Corner

No, CC must have their own detention pond.

unless you know some peculiarity of this specific project, i don't see why... it's not uncommon for planned developments like this to have a common detention pond.

16. Default Re: Cajun Corner

There is a formula that the city has for new construction. If BWW had made their detention pond large enough to accommodate their runoff and that of CC, then of course CC wouldn't have to build their own. But why would BWW do that? They have been open for years now and had no idea who their future neighbors would be. They built their detention pond to meet their requirements just as CC will do. From what I'm told CC just got bad advice somewhere along the way. The city is working with them and it should all be cleared up soon.

cajun corner on south i-44 was open for business today.

Cajun Corner has great food

I wonder if Cajun King is still good, been about 8 years since I’ve been but both times it was great!

i had a pretty good experience there today. food and service were on point, but they weren't busy yet. i think they've been open since last sunday.

the only weird thing is that they have a wall of beer taps that appear to be self serve... i haven't ever seen anything like that and don't even know if that would be ok under able regulations. it's possible that there is a bar that hasn't been installed yet but it didn't seem as if there was enough room.

i had a pretty decent experience at cajun king around a decade ago at their original location. but their brief venture into the southside near 74th & penn was one of the worst run places i've been to.

the only weird thing is that they have a wall of beer taps that appear to be self serve... i haven't ever seen anything like that and don't even know if that would be ok under able regulations. it's possible that there is a bar that hasn't been installed yet but it didn't seem as if there was enough room.
    When I spoke to the owner about their planned location on 23rd about 5 years ago, he mentioned he wanted to do a self-serve beer model and asked me about the legality.

I checked with several bar and restaurant operators and they all told me that ABLE would absolutely not allow it, which is why there is no such thing in the state.

Maybe something changed?

When I spoke to the owner about their planned location on 23rd about 5 years ago, he mentioned he wanted to do a self-serve beer model and asked me about the legality.

I checked with several bar and restaurant operators and they all told me that ABLE would absolutely not allow it, which is why there is no such thing in the state.

Maybe something changed?
    interesting background... wish i would have snapped a picture to post here. the only thing in front of the taps is one of those common metal dividers that says '21 and over beyond this point'... in a restaurant bar, you typically see that divider, then the bar seats, the bar itself, then the taps. here, it's just that divider and then the taps... it's set up almost exactly like a long fountain station, except with beer taps.

edit: here are some pics: Cajun Corner - Southside OKC - Google Maps

interesting background... wish i would have snapped a picture to post here. the only thing in front of the taps is one of those common metal dividers that says '21 and over beyond this point'... in a restaurant bar, you typically see that divider, then the bar seats, the bar itself, then the taps. here, it's just that divider and then the taps... it's set up almost exactly like a long fountain station, except with beer taps.

Having self-serve beer taps during a pandemic seems like a hilariously bad idea.

23. Default Re: Cajun Corner

I was there a couple of weeks ago and they definitely told me that the beer was going to be self serve. Yet to be seen if they can pull it off.

Maybe something changed?
    What about Crave in Yukon, last time we were there it was a self-serve beer wall.

Thread Information