Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duluth Trading Co.

Large Chain Duluth Trading Co.

Duluth Trading Co. bringing first state's first brick and mortar location to OKC

The e-tailing trend continues in Central Oklahoma, with on-line merchandiser Duluth Trading Company set to open a physical store in West Oklahoma City.

The company that advertises heavily and does big volumes in work apparel and related clothing mainly through its website has begun to complement those sales by expanding their physical footprint.

Plans have been filed to construct a 15,329 square foot store in the Westgate Marketplace, on an empty lot just to the west of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Founded as a catalog operation, Duluth describes itself as “a lifestyle brand for the modern, self-reliant American, offering high-quality, solution-based apparel for men and women who lead a hands-on lifestyle”. Known for its quirky, fun advertisements and marketing, the company strives to offer customers an engaging and entertaining experience, online and in stores.

The company bills its retail locations as a “store like no other” and its products are backed by a No Bull Guarantee. It often celebrates store openings with professional lumberjack demonstrations that reflect the chain’s focus on rugged apparel. The shows include ax throwing and chainsaw carving.

Duluth was founded in 1989 and since a 2015 IPO has been growing its store portfolio with 20+ stores and 2 outlets.

The company is headquarted in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin.

2. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Nice.... I've always wanted to try their product but clothes is one thing I don't like to order online.

Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Wow, you just made my day. I was recently in Sioux Falls SD but was unable to make it to the store. (found it by eating at a place across the street). That is the first time I knew that they had stores. I love their stuff, and by the way was just looking at their latest mailing. Thanks for the heads up.

Any idea when they expect to open?

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Any idea when they expect to open?
    Just filed their building permit so probably not until the end of the year if not later.

outstanding - they make great stuff.

I deleted a bunch of political comments and retorts.

Save that stuff for the Politics forum, please.

Very excited about this - their t-shirts are extra long and great quality from our experience.

They have brick and mortar all up here in MN. They have some oddball stuff but their underwear lives up to the ads. Great stores

Yea! Yahoo! Glad to learn of this. The nearest one is in Kansas City.

I like their clothing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Nice.... I've always wanted to try their product but clothes is one thing I don't like to order online.
    Me too. Their commercials are catchy and I've wanted to try but unless I have an exact copy in hand, I don't buy online. I have a relatively small frame so some sizes I sit between depending on the manufacturer and materials.

12. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

I’ve been thinking about customizing some of their firehose cargo pants for motorcycle wear but wanted to inspect and try on a pair first, so might wait until the store opens.

It’s funny; a few months ago I spent some time on their site because of this, and so fairly often since then I have seen online ads for Duluth. But now that this thread is on OKCTalk the Duluth ads are CONSTANT, despite the fact that I haven’t been to the site recently.

They have already started grading work. That's Dick's to the right.

15. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE4DE48B-E95E-4E82-B97A-2FB31B82EE14.jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	14682

17. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Really can't wait for them to get opened here.... Went ahead and broke one of my rules and ordered clothes from them online and so far only been disappointed in the fit of the long sleeve cooling shirts.... Really love the fire hose pants and Armachillo cooling underwear. Can't wait to check out some of their other products I want to try.

Any updates on opening?

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Any updates on opening?
    They have posted jobs and will have a job fair Sept 5-8.

Their website says the OKC location will open this fall.

Their fire hose 5 pocket pants are worth the trip alone, although they aren't cheap. But for something solid and works well for work? I haven't found better.

21. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Their fire hose 5 pocket pants are worth the trip alone, although they aren't cheap. But for something solid and works well for work? I haven't found better.
    Yep and I like the Armachillo underwear too.... Wicks away sweat very well.

I've always been interested in their products, but wanted to see them in person before pulling the trigger. I will definitely be going.

I bet they do very well here.

We've actually added a ton of new-to-market retailers in just the last year.

24. Default Re: Duluth Trading Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I've always been interested in their products, but wanted to see them in person before pulling the trigger. I will definitely be going.
    I'm the same but decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and bought some of the fire hose pants and underwear... I love them!

Only problem is I bought the fire hose pants a size bigger than what I was wearing at the time so they would be even more comfortable working in on the farm and I've since lost 40 lbs..... So by the time it's cool enough to wear them again I'm going to have to get suspenders to keep them on!

Or find someone the size I was to buy them so I can get some new ones. Because I think they will last a life time.

Since I am built like their Spokesmodel, I will defiantly be hitting this store up.

Thread Information