Widgets Magazine

Thread: I40 & i44

Default I40 & i44

I got onto I40 West off I44 about 7PM on Friday and I don't know if it's just me but I had a really hard time seeing the lane lines and wasn't sure where they were at. Guess I need one of then sunglasses they advertise on TV lol

2. Default Re: I40 & i44

Yeah, that portion doesn't have any lane lines. Every time I drive through, many others, including myself, seem to be out of sync.

Default Re: I40 & i44

Yeah, they're not very easy to see when the sun is taking them out due to its low position in the sky.

It does not help that the lane lines do not follow the concrete seams anymore in that area

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It does not help that the lane lines do not follow the concrete seams anymore in that area
    Very true!

6. Default Re: I40 & i44

Did they ever say way they never do reflectors anymore on highways? The lines at night when it is raining, well when it rains, are just impossible to see most of the time.

7. Default Re: I40 & i44

That's one reason why they started painting the black stripes. The contrast between the two make it easier to see...so if you can't see one, you can see the other.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Did they ever say way they never do reflectors anymore on highways? The lines at night when it is raining, well when it rains, are just impossible to see most of the time.
    My guess is one cheaper and two not a pain in the ass to alter when the shift lanes to a new configuration. Seems like it might be problematic for some of the machines that resurface the road. One of my favorite things about the reflectors, though little noticed was they also would indicate you were going the wrong way.

9. Default Re: I40 & i44

I like the use of interstate signage painted on the freeway at this location - they should do that everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,1446196.story

11. Default Re: I40 & i44

That is a surprise!!! Now I know to be very careful about driving through those reflectors.

Btw, Venture, you brought it up....now look what happened. *taps desk* Can you do the same for rain?

Thread Information