Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gourmet Cheese in OKC

Default Gourmet Cheese in OKC

There's an awesome place to buy cheese in Norman (Forward Foods), but does anybody know of a good gourmet cheese deli in Oklahoma City?

Default Re: Gourmet Cheese in OKC

Market C, Crescent Market, Gourmet Foods, Mediterranean Deli........

Excellent. Thanks a lot! I'll check those places out.

I second Mediterranean Deli. They have a wall of selections, labeled by country of origin.

I know this is off the subject, but does anyone know who sells Boars Head meats.

Believe it or not, Homeland has a decent selection of gourmet cheeses. Market C has a good selection as well, plus a friendly staff.

I think Falcone's used to sell Boars Head meats. I never bought any there, but i think they used to have a sign about it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    I know this is off the subject, but does anyone know who sells Boars Head meats.
    I've seen it in Kamps Meat Market in their deli case on Western Ave.

Murrays' Cheese Shop - Gourmet & Artisan Cheese Gifts By Mail

I know buying cheese online sounds sort of goofy but my kids absolutely love this cheese shop in NYC. Two years ago, one of them gave me a cheese-of-the-month subscription (no, I am not kidding) and all the cheese that arrived was amazing and perfectly fresh. Well, one tasted like something dead but it was supposed to. It was a great way to try new cheeses and learn about cheese. It comes with serving suggestions and you can read about them online. You might want to consider it. If nothing else, you can check out the website to get an idea of a kind of cheese you'd like before hitting the local cheese shop.

The following year, that same child gave me a "bacon of the month" club.

I think you can buy anything online.

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    I've seen it in Kamps Meat Market in their deli case on Western Ave.
    Thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow!!!

No joke, Buy for Less has a great price on their feta, chevre, Boursins, ect. and it is the only non-specialty place I've ever found creme fraiche.

In my experience with Buy for Less, the one at NWE and Lake Hefner Parkway has a good selection but not the one at 23rd and Council. I don't know which Buy for Less you were talking about but they all seem to have their particular specialties.

NW Expressway and Portland/Hefner Parkway.

Crescent Market (Nichols Hills Plaza) has the best selection of Boar's Head that I've found.

mid town deli .. 11 and walker ... will have boars head when they open next month

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Crescent Market (Nichols Hills Plaza) has the best selection of Boar's Head that I've found.
    We were in Crescent Market for the first time on Sat. , I needed some fresh rosemary and knew they would have it. They do have Boar's Head but I wouldn't call their selection very good.

Quote Originally Posted by southernskye View Post
    We were in Crescent Market for the first time on Sat. , I needed some fresh rosemary and knew they would have it. They do have Boar's Head but I wouldn't call their selection very good.
    Admittedly it's not that great, but it's more than I've seen any where else. Hopefully, Midtown Deli will have more when they open, but in the meantime, do you know a place in OCK that has more?? I'll be headed their direction!!

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Admittedly it's not that great, but it's more than I've seen any where else. Hopefully, Midtown Deli will have more when they open, but in the meantime, do you know a place in OCK that has more?? I'll be headed their direction!!
    Umm, no. Wish I did.

See the Boars Head thread, there are other places suggested in there. of cheese.

Midtown Deli, located at N.W.13th & Walker Ave. (next to 1492 Restaurant) will be opening in the next 4-6 weeks & will proudly feature Boar's Head meats & cheeses.
    Come in and introduce yourself when we open. We'll be glad to assist you in acquiring whatever cheese your heart (and mouth) desires!

Quote Originally Posted by bravofriendly View Post
    No joke, Buy for Less has a great price on their feta, chevre, Boursins, ect. and it is the only non-specialty place I've ever found creme fraiche.

Mediterranean Deli has creme fraiche as well as a wonderful selection of cheeses. Hubby and I treat ourselves to something we've never tried before every time we go - last one was a delicious cheddar laced with Guinness Stout.

FYI..Hobbies Hoagies downtown carries boars heads meats. When MidTown Deli opens up, that will be two places right on Walker within a few blocks carrying Boars Head.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    FYI..Hobbies Hoagies downtown carries boars heads meats. When MidTown Deli opens up, that will be two places right on Walker within a few blocks carrying Boars Head.
    metro. . .more than Crescent (last time I counted, it was 14 or 15 I think.

we carry gouda havarti plain and with dill crumbled blue and feta jarlsberg

was in Market C a couple days ago. . picked up some Humboldt Fog and a Purple Haze Chevre. . .their selection seems to be expanding. . .all GREAT stuff!!

Thread Information