View Full Version : Sprouts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Zuplar
10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Me too! What's the update on this location?

Wish I knew. I remember something about that the existing house there needed to be torn down, so don't know if that's still holding it up.

Pete
11-14-2015, 09:38 AM
I've come to the conclusion that Sprouts -- at least the one at 63rd & May -- is the best grocery store in OKC.

That newly remodeled store is super bright, clean, high ceilings so you can see where things are from anywhere in the store, great produce at very good prices, and an excellent deli, bakery and general selection of items.

It's funny, I rarely went when I lived in California because there were so many great options. But it really is a great operation, especially the remodeled stores or those built new, as opposed to conversions from Sunflower.

bchris02
11-14-2015, 10:17 AM
I agree Sprouts is great. Has that location been remodeled since taken over from Sunflower?

Also, do you know if that downtown location you were tracking a while back still in the cards?

Pete
11-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I agree Sprouts is great. Has that location been remodeled since taken over from Sunflower?

Also, do you know if that downtown location you were tracking a while back still in the cards?

Yes, they finished a big remodel about 6 months ago. Looks great.

I think Sprouts may end up at the Gold Dome or 4th & EKG.

If they don't go to the dome, then I think it will be Natural Grocers.

Dustin
02-11-2016, 08:30 PM
The 122nd location isn't even on their website as a 'coming soon' store. Is it open? I haven't driven by in a while, but it seems they've been building for a while.

Pete
02-11-2016, 09:28 PM
No, definitely not open. They just recently put up the walls.

RedSoxFan
02-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Love the Sprouts in Norman. Their produce and meats are excellent. The rest of the stuff - I don't really go for. I usually head to Aldi's, Crest, or Walmart for nonperishables.

Filthy
02-17-2016, 10:18 AM
I love Sprouts as well. I hit up the Edmond location a few times a week for the the bores head deli meat, and all my organic fruits/vegetables. Can't wait for the 122nd/Macarthur location to open, as its much closer for me. I wish that they would have built it 1 mile further north, and then the location would have been perfect in my eyes. But alas.... beggers cannot be choosers. Still really excited about the opening.

CP405
02-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Not that long ago, Sprouts opening was semi big news. Now we have several locations and other options such as Uptown Grocery.

As others have said, I love sprouts too. Their produce is top notch, as well as their rotisserie chickens. So, so good. They are always clean and well lit. Can't wait for this one to open either. It is closer to me than the May avenue store and hopefully the parking lot is better. ;)

oklip955
02-17-2016, 06:00 PM
I was told that the 122nd , the Stillwater and the Yukon/Mustang area store will be opening about the same time.

bradh
02-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Not that jack the thread, but does anyone shop Natural Grocers? The one on Western and 164th is on the way home from church and I've always wanted to stop in for some items but haven't.

Thomas Vu
02-18-2016, 12:23 AM
I stop by for soap. Sorry it doesn't pertain to your situation. An old co worker of mine lives in Norman though and loves it.

oklip955
02-18-2016, 03:05 AM
I shop at that store. I don't buy a lot but they do have some items that I get. First there Kalona milk is cheaper there, I also buy other of Kalona's dairy products since no one else carries them. There cottage cheese is the best. Also get cream, buttermilk and sour cream. If you go to Kalona's website and sign up for their newsletter they have great coupons for Kalona products. I also get bulk grains from Natural foods (prepacked in 1 lb packages.) such things as Kamut flakes, decent price. I also look for their marked down produce. I also get some of there pasta products. I am not gulten free but if it tasted good and it happens to be gluten free so what. Most of the rest I buy at Sprouts, Aldi's or Sam's Club. I do go to Walmart for 1 lb packages of wild rice (not a blend) $4.99. a great deal.

rte66man
02-18-2016, 06:39 AM
Is it me or does the parking for the 122nd and MacArthur location seem inadequate? They have laid most of the asphalt for the parking area and it doesn't seem to be adequate for a Sprouts plus the other stores. The terrible parking is why I rarely shop at the 63rd and May store.

TheTravellers
02-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Not that jack the thread, but does anyone shop Natural Grocers? The one on Western and 164th is on the way home from church and I've always wanted to stop in for some items but haven't.

We used to go there quite often, but have slowed down recently. They have much of the same as Sprouts, but no onsite deli or store-branded bread items. We stopped going mainly because we loved their thick-cut Canadian Bacon from Niman Ranch, but their distributor can't figure out how to get it from Niman Ranch to them to the store anymore (literally completely out of it for weeks (distributor's fault 'cos I contacted the company and they said they have plenty of it in their warehouses and Nat Groc said they order it every week, but it's not filled), and then they get it, but every single package expired the day after we went in), and they've been out of Red Ape Cinnamon Coffee (for probably the same reason). So since those were the only things we got there that we couldn't get elsewhere, we stopped going (and told the managers about this problem many times and they just say "we can't do anything, it's the distributor's fault"). We found we can get the Can. Bacon at Sprouts and order the coffee online, so we might not go back to Natural Grocers at all at this point, no need to.

Having said all that, if you're not looking for those 2 specific things, it's decent. :)

Dustin
02-18-2016, 11:20 AM

I buy ghee there. That's about it. The produce is really fresh, but ridiculously priced.

Bunty
02-21-2016, 02:22 AM
I was told that the 122nd , the Stillwater and the Yukon/Mustang area store will be opening about the same time.

A look at the over 50 year old building where Sprouts will be going in at Stillwater.

http://okieworld.com/photos/sprouts.jpg

mark
03-01-2016, 01:31 PM
according to their site, the location on north macarthur is opening may 25th

DowntownMan
04-07-2016, 07:52 PM
according to their site, the location on north macarthur is opening may 25th

Picture from tonight.

Pete
04-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Looking good! Thanks for the photo.

Dustin
04-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Cool. And the one in Yukon should be coming along, ya?

Brett
05-26-2016, 04:53 AM
The grand opening of the new Sprouts located at NW 122nd and MacArthur was yesterday. I swung by after work to check it out. The store is new from the ground up and larger than either the Norman or 63rd & May locations. They even have a new salad bar. I was excited to see NJ breakfast staple Taylor's pork roll in stock.

Zuplar
05-26-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm stilling waiting on the one that was supposed to go in at 104th and Penn.

Martin
05-26-2016, 08:27 AM
i would be one happy camper if sprouts opened a southside location. the homeland at 104th & penn in chatenay seems to be in its final throes... part of me wonders if sprouts has its eye on that location for when the inevitable comes. on the other side, though, i think that spot may be larger than their typical store. -M

oklip955
05-26-2016, 09:41 AM
The 122nd store will have a coffee bar also. There is a place in the front of the store to eat, just tables and chairs but since they sell sandwiches and such, it'll be nice to have a place to sit and eat. Its set up like the Owasso store. The are still saying they need to build on the south side of Okc.

mark
05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
yukon is opening july 13

bombermwc
05-27-2016, 06:46 AM
Still have my fingers crossed that one is going in on 240/Penn near the new Conns. There still aren't any signs or anything, but man would that be nice.

corwin1968
05-27-2016, 09:06 AM
i would be one happy camper if sprouts opened a southside location. the homeland at 104th & penn in chatenay seems to be in its final throes... part of me wonders if sprouts has its eye on that location for when the inevitable comes. on the other side, though, i think that spot may be larger than their typical store. -M

I've never been in the Homeland you mention so I don't know it's size but the Sprouts at 2nd & Broadway in Edmond was an old Homeland and they did a good job of using all of that space.

Dustin
05-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Wowzers! This place is huge and has a much larger selection than the May location. And the building is beautiful.

SSEiYah
05-30-2016, 06:45 PM
I stopped by the 122nd location tonight, some great prices on fresh fruit, Pineapples were $1/ea, Cantaloupes were $2/ea. Grapes were $1/lb. Store was a little busy but they had plenty of cashiers so no big deal.

riflesforwatie
03-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Albertsons in Talks to Acquire Sprouts

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/20/albertsons-in-talks-to-acquire-health-food-market-sprouts/

"Bloomberg Markets reports that Albertsons has begun the early stages of wooing Sprouts, which is based in Arizona and has around 250 stores. Sprouts is now publicly traded, and the plans would involve taking the chain private in a $3 billion deal. There are around 2,200 Albertsons-owned traditional supermarkets open, mostly in the western half of the country."

tfvc.org
03-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Albertsons in Talks to Acquire Sprouts

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/20/albertsons-in-talks-to-acquire-health-food-market-sprouts/

"Bloomberg Markets reports that Albertsons has begun the early stages of wooing Sprouts, which is based in Arizona and has around 250 stores. Sprouts is now publicly traded, and the plans would involve taking the chain private in a $3 billion deal. There are around 2,200 Albertsons-owned traditional supermarkets open, mostly in the western half of the country."

That surprises me. I have always thought Albertsons was in a downward spiral. When I lived in St Pete they closed a bunch of them down or locations were bought by Publix.

bchris02
03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Don't know how I feel about this. I think Albertson's pulling out of OKC a decade ago was a significant blow to the traditional grocery market here. However, of the large national grocery chains its probably one of the more poorly managed ones. I would rather see Sprouts purchased by the likes of Kroger, Publix, or H-E-B than Albertson's.

Zuplar
03-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Don't know how I feel about this. I think Albertson's pulling out of OKC a decade ago was a significant blow to the traditional grocery market here. However, of the large national grocery chains its probably one of the more poorly managed ones. I would rather see Sprouts purchased by the likes of Kroger, Publix, or H-E-B than Albertson's.

100% agree.

Pete
03-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Sprouts is pretty great and Albertson's is not so I don't see how this could be good for OKC with our already limited grocery options.

Just as I was leaving California, Albertson's closed a bunch of stores and the ones I had seen were on par with Homeland.

bradh
03-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Yeah Albertsons doesn't get me all excited. My mom has worked in grocery for 40 years and I spent some time in college working for the same broker she does, Albertsons is a nightmare.

Albertsons recently bought Randall's/Tom Thumb from Safeway as well. I am shocked they'd come back to Texas after they opened a ton of stores in Houston around 2000 and didn't last a decade before vacating all of them.

Edit - they never left Dallas, just Houston

TheTravellers
03-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Bleah, not a fan of this. Shopped at Jewel-Osco when we lived in Chicagoland (no, they're not Albertson's, but they're tangled up with them somehow), and wasn't impressed, they were just conveniently close when we needed to do a quick run. And wasn't impressed with Albertson's when they were here (as/along with Skaggs, Alpha Beta).

bombermwc
03-22-2017, 06:49 AM
Big ole thumbs down on that. There's a reason none of the brands were ever able to survive for any length of time. We've seen the names listed here already, Skaggs, Skaggs-Alpha/Beta, Jewl Osco, Albertsons, and i know there were some before Skaggs but im not old enough to remember the names. It would NOT be beneficial to the customer to have this happen.

But i would like to see a Sprouts in MWC. We've got Green Acres on 240, so no reason to bother there.

bradh
03-22-2017, 07:41 AM
I don't think they would actually rebrand to Albertson's, in fact I'm sure of that.

riflesforwatie
03-22-2017, 08:01 AM
I don't think they would actually rebrand to Albertson's, in fact I'm sure of that.

Yeah, I think Albertson's wants to buy them because "health food" is all the rage right now. Rebranding to a regular grocery store makes little sense in that context.

Pete
03-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Yes, I'm sure they would stay Sprouts just not real confident in Albertson's ability to manage and grow quality stores.

terryinokc
03-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Big ole thumbs down on that. There's a reason none of the brands were ever able to survive for any length of time. We've seen the names listed here already, Skaggs, Skaggs-Alpha/Beta, Jewl Osco, Albertsons, and i know there were some before Skaggs but im not old enough to remember the names. It would NOT be beneficial to the customer to have this happen.

But i would like to see a Sprouts in MWC. We've got Green Acres on 240, so no reason to bother there.

OK...here goes. I worked for them for several years....Skaggs Albertsons. Skaggs Supercenter. Skaggs. Skaggs Alpha Beta. Jewel Osco. Albertsons. Albertsons Sav-On.
Some of the stores had Homeland and Williams signs on them too....and the one in Bethany is the Cash Saver, The store in Bethany has actually had about 9 different signs on the outside of the building.

Pete
08-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Sprouts Farmers Market to open new store in South OKC / Moore (http://www.okctalk.com/content.php?r=413-Sprouts-Farmers-Market-to-open-new-store-in-South-OKC-Moore)

Sprouts has filed a building permit application with the City of Oklahoma City to construct a new store near the southeast corner of SW 119th and Pennsylvania, just south of an existing Walgreens.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sproutspenn2.jpg

The 29,890 square foot store would be the sixth in the metro area, with others in Yukon, Norman, Edmond, 63rd and N. May, and 122nd and N. MacArthur.

The chain also operates 4 stores in Tulsa and 1 in Stillwater.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sproutspenn1.jpg

Based in Phoenix, Sprouts operates over 240 locations in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sproutspenn3a.jpg

In early 2017, Albertson's announced a possible merger with Sprouts which is still pending. The stock price for Sprouts has done so well there is now speculation that Albertson's can no longer afford to buy them.

Sprouts is seen by many as a more affordable alternative for organic and nutritious foods versus the popular and upscale Whole Foods, itself a takeover target of Amazon.

Zuplar
08-08-2017, 07:49 PM
I've been waiting awhile for the one rumored to go in at 104th and penn, so super happy to see it go in in the area.

Brett
08-09-2017, 04:58 AM
Great news for those that live in OKC's south side!

SoonerDave
08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
I've been waiting awhile for the one rumored to go in at 104th and penn, so super happy to see it go in in the area.

The Greenbriar HOA, representing residents in the addition to the immediate south of the Schaffer property, objected strenuously to the Sprouts plan and it was dropped. This new location is the result.

Zuplar
08-09-2017, 11:18 AM
The Greenbriar HOA, representing residents in the addition to the immediate south of the Schaffer property, objected strenuously to the Sprouts plan and it was dropped. This new location is the result.

Always got to be someone to whine about it. I mean when you have a house that backs up to a corner on a busy intersection, you know you're going to have a business behind you. I mean you got to be realistic with your expectations.

Still I wonder what they are going to do with this corner in the future and the house that sits there. I had thought it was being torn down.

Regardless just happy to be getting a Sprouts!

SoonerDave
08-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Always got to be someone to whine about it. I mean when you have a house that backs up to a corner on a busy intersection, you know you're going to have a business behind you. I mean you got to be realistic with your expectations.

Still I wonder what they are going to do with this corner in the future and the house that sits there. I had thought it was being torn down.

Regardless just happy to be getting a Sprouts!

It was actually being used for storage until a few months ago, when some high-dollar vehicles were stolen. The property, when I drive by it (which is nearly every day) now looks abandoned, with overgrown grass everywhere and not even a fleeting sign of use or occupation now. I may be wrong, and someone may actually be staying there, but it would be really, really weird at this point if they were.

bombermwc
08-17-2017, 06:31 AM
I keep hoping one will come to the east side somewhere. Anyone else notice that big gaping hole in the map for their locations???

Zuplar
08-17-2017, 06:53 AM
I keep hoping one will come to the east side somewhere. Anyone else notice that big gaping hole in the map for their locations???

I'd bet at some point they'll make it to Midwest City. Just seems like their growth strategy is real slow.

ctchandler
08-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Count on it coming soon because I'm moving back to the Edmond area and the last time I moved, lots of good things happened near my previous home. In fact, Winco Foods in MWC is opening August 31 and I'm moving September 12 where there is no Winco anywhere near Edmond.
C. T.

Pete
08-22-2017, 01:44 PM
The Sprouts complex on the southside will have some additional lease space:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sproutsmoore.jpg

bombermwc
09-05-2017, 07:21 AM
OK, i'm going to put a big hope out there, but i'm almost certainly going to dissapoint myself.
http://www.huntprop.com/del-city
Could this small footprint be the east side sprouts ive been hoping for? Seems a bit off of a location for this type of grocery, but hey.....man can dream cant he?

Robert_M
10-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Plans are out for this Sprouts to bid at the end of the month. They all say Moore but of course this is Oklahoma City. The address is listed as 12100 S. Pennsylvania, Moore, OK 73170

Martin
06-13-2018, 08:55 PM
from 6/13, progress on the sprouts near sw 119th & penn

Martin
07-18-2018, 08:28 PM
the south okc sprouts' grand opening is slated for august 8th according to an event they created on facebook.

Zuplar
07-18-2018, 08:45 PM
My wife is excited for this to open. We will definitely be shipping there.

u50254082
09-01-2018, 10:04 AM
This is a great location and as expected the fruit they sell is top quality.

baralheia
09-04-2018, 09:27 AM
I totally agree... been there twice now and the employees are super nice and friendly, and the produce department is huge and top quality even for their non-organic produce. I wish they had an inner-city southside location that was a bit closer to the house, but it's not too far away and it's totally worth the drive!

corwin1968
09-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Pete, do you know if Sprouts has any plans for a far NW OKC area (North of Quail Springs area) store? We currently drive to the 2nd & Broadway location but it would be nice to have one a bit closer.