View Full Version : Sprouts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

BoulderSooner
08-27-2012, 06:27 AM
having that sign doesn't break any law .. and would not be a reason for them to be sued

Larry OKC
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Seems like false advertising to me...saying you have something for sale that you don't. Folks file silly lawsuits all the time and sometimes win.

rjstone208
09-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Is this still happening since Sunflower was bought by Sprouts? Used to drive by and saw activity inside and out but about the time Sprouts announced the Sunflower buy everything stopped. Same stuff in the entrance still there for several months now. Big dumpster gone. No people around it at all now.

ereid
09-24-2012, 08:32 AM
According to the Sprouts website they are still coming. OKLAHOMA - Norman (Coming Soon!) in Norman, OK - Sprouts Farmers Market (http://www.sprouts.com/stores/oklahoma-norman-coming-soon)

rjstone208
09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the link. Just curious since everything just stopped.

LocoAko
02-14-2013, 01:07 PM
The Norman Sprouts fb link (http://www.facebook.com/SproutsNorman?fref=ts) announced they are having their Grand Opening on March 27th. Pretty excited!

Plutonic Panda
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
That's excellent. The one here in Edmond is doing really good and I suspect they will do even better in Norman. Is this the first one ever built there?

ChargerAg
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
That's excellent. The one here in Edmond is doing really good and I suspect they will do even better in Norman. Is this the first one ever built there?

I expect it to do well here in Norman as well. I know I plan on shifting all my shopping away from homeland to sprouts if it is anything like the other sprouts I have visited.

twade
03-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Sprout's opened this morning. Wow! Great selection, and the prices were much more reasonable than I anticipated. I think the quality of the store in conjunction with being next door to the Cellar will be wonderful for Central Norman.

rjstone208
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Wife tried to go there around 1:00 this afternoon. She said lines of cars trying to get into parking lot. Main street mostly a parking lot. Crowds and crowds of folks. We might try closer to closing. Shopped a lot at the Sprouts on N. May. Love their produce and meat counter.

Sunshine1081
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I work nearby and watched the flow of cars from my office window. I was amazed at the number of people who showed up today. Our parking lot was overrun with Sprouts customers, and shopping carts. I decided not to fight the crowds today, but I hope to walk over and check it out tomorrow!

LocoAko
03-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Was crazy packed when I went around 6:30PM but totally worth it. I hope I can afford to shop there regularly (some things seemed to be amazing deals, like the produce, while other things like pasta seem expensive for my budget). It was crazy obvious to me walking around in there how much of a desire there was for something like this in Norman.

mattjank
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Went in last night around 9. It was still busy, but not packed. Great store, much larger than I was expecting and very good selections all around. Will be my go to for groceries from now on.

badfish77
03-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Great selection and some really neat specialty items, but Natural Grocers is cheaper. Most of it was mexican produce, same as you'd find anywhere. My bell pepper had some mold in it. I'd like to see this place be successful, I'll probably shop there on Wednesdays when they have their double ad sales, it will be interesting to see how it works out in the long run.

Plutonic Panda
03-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Sprouts Farmers Market cultivates fans in Norman | News OK (http://newsok.com/sprouts-farmers-market-cultivates-fans-in-norman/article/3774972)

kelroy55
04-23-2013, 08:21 AM
OK I know that sometimes I'm Capt. Oblivious but did Sunflower on 63rd and may become Sprouts Farmers Market? I was looking up Farmers Markets to go to and saw Sprouts and thought Sunflower was at that location.

Edit: I just looked at the Whole Foods thread and saw Sunflower was gone. My next question is what happened to it and is Sprouts any good?

RadicalModerate
04-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Sunflower changed to Sprouts a long time ago. I think only the name changed.

Pete
04-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Sprouts bought Sunflower last year and has been converting all the stores to the Sprouts name.

Very, very similar concept and not much has changed with the old Sunflower locations other than the name.

kelroy55
04-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the info.... I need to pay more attention to what's happening around town.

LakeEffect
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Sprouts bought Sunflower last year and has been converting all the stores to the Sprouts name.

Very, very similar concept and not much has changed with the old Sunflower locations other than the name.

I haven't been inside since the change, but I thought that people soured on Sprouts. Supposedly changed some things up. I thought there was a thread on that actually...?

kelroy55
04-23-2013, 09:05 AM
There probably is, I just didn't look very hard.

Pete
04-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Here is the original Sunflower/Sprouts thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/suburban-development-buildings/25405-sunflower-farmers-market-6401-n-may-11.html#post568646

kelroy55
04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks Pete

RadicalModerate
04-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Allthough I do most of my basic grocery shopping at the Buy For Less within walking distance (but not grocery carrying or carting distance) or the good Homeland at May and Britton if I find myself down around Sunflower/Sprouts I like to stop in. They have the best ciabatta bread at a resonable price and other good stuff too. Plus the prices are far more . . . reasonable than Whole Foods.

kelroy55
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I started this because my Dr. strongly suggested I get rid of the unhealthy eating habits and start eating more fruits and veggies. I have no problem with that since I like both but breaking the Whataburger and KFC habit was going to hurt a little. I do a lot of smoking so I started smoking healthier stuff and wanted to hit a Farmers Market or two for some fruits and veggies.

jdcf
04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
I credit Sprouts for my eating way more fresh fruits and vegetables. Great place!

GaryOKC6
04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Sprouts actually added some new items. Still the same store. A lot more affordable than Whole Foods. Granted Whole Foods carries some things that Sprouts does not but I find everything on my list at sprouts. the meat and produce are awesome too.

Pete
02-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Sprouts just filed for a $470K building permit to remodel their location at 63rd & May.

That's a ton of money for a space that is already built out... Will be interesting to see what they do.

NWOKCGuy
02-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Happy to hear they're investing in it. Sprouts has been my go-to since it opened but lately their selection is really lacking.

trousers
02-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Will be very interested to see what happens here. This is one of my go-to stores.

bchris02
02-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Pete, do you know if the 122nd and MacArthur store you mentioned a long time ago is still in the cards?

Pete
02-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Pete, do you know if the 122nd and MacArthur store you mentioned a long time ago is still in the cards?

That whole development has been stalled; don't know the reason.

Dustin
02-25-2015, 09:52 AM
I wish that $470k was for expansion, not just remodel. It's always elbow to elbow in there on the weekends.

Jersey Boss
02-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Sprouts just filed for a $470K building permit to remodel their location at 63rd & May.

That's a ton of money for a space that is already built out... Will be interesting to see what they do.

Possibly build up?

Pete
02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
This store was first opened as a Sunflower Market and I'm sure the plan is to give it a complete makeover in the style of the new Sprouts locations.

I'm sure this is one of their busiest locations.

oklip955
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
They are looking to add several more stores in the metro area. I know moore and Yukon, and also Stillwater. I did ask about a location out in the north west area and was told they are looking for a location. They plan on having 500 stores in 5 yrs. They recently expanded to Georgia and Alabama with plans to go east and a bit north.

oklip955
02-25-2015, 04:55 PM
One of there problems is their stores are not built for the amount of traffic they are seeing in Oklahoma. The Edmond store needs more parking, this morning and on a lot of Wed you have to park across the store or down the block. They are just updating their store designs. Wish the store would add some square footage.

bchris02
02-25-2015, 05:02 PM
One of there problems is their stores are not built for the amount of traffic they are seeing in Oklahoma. The Edmond store needs more parking, this morning and on a lot of Wed you have to park across the store or down the block. They are just updating their store designs. Wish the store would add some square footage.

The success of Sprouts and Whole Foods here should be evidence to other grocers eyeing the market that OKC is ready for more choices than Wal-Mart or Crapland. Any quality grocer willing to enter the market and actually compete will likely be very successful.

Chicken In The Rough
02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
With the overwhelming success of Sprouts at 63rd & May and other locations, why is Whole Foods not looking for additional locations? OKC is obviously badly underserved.

Pete
02-26-2015, 10:44 AM
With the overwhelming success of Sprouts at 63rd & May and other locations, why is Whole Foods not looking for additional locations? OKC is obviously badly underserved.

They are.

I would expect another somewhere on the Memorial corridor sometime soon (perhaps Chisholm Creek) and another in east Edmond.

Pete
06-04-2015, 07:20 AM
I mentioned a large building permit for the 63rd & May location...

Looks like they are remodeling the deli area.

Does that store have much in the way of an existing deli area now?

foodiefan
06-04-2015, 08:04 AM
I mentioned a large building permit for the 63rd & May location...

Looks like they are remodeling the deli area.

Does that store have much in the way of an existing deli area now?

.they are re-doing/re-arranging the whole store. a mess while it's going on, but will be nice when finished. the bulk foods looks like it has a lot more selection (saw several bulk salts, incl Himalayan) and seems like more organic bulk.

Love their deli. . . it's my "go to" as far as grocery stores go. not nearly as large as whole foods, but has a great selection of Boar's Head meats and cheeses, a cheese island, and a pretty good selection of foods "to go" incl soup.

just wish there was something that could be done with the parking lot. . . most days it's a zoo!!

Pete
06-04-2015, 08:26 AM
OKCTalk - Sprouts Farmers Market coming to NW 122nd and MacArthur (http://www.okctalk.com/content/170-sprouts.html)

Zuplar
06-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Whatever happened to the store they were supposed to build at sw104th and Penn? We'd shop there in a hearbeat if they ever build it.

Dustin
06-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Very nice! This is much closers to me. And the parking lot is big! I can't stand the parking lot at the 63rd and May location... Nightmare.

Pete
06-04-2015, 05:57 PM
BTW, there was a recent $463,000 renovation permit for the Edmond location as well, so I'm sure it will be getting the same treatment as 63rd & May.

These stores are obviously killing it in the OKC area.

Dustin
06-04-2015, 06:18 PM
The 63rd and May location is a frenzy pretty much everyday when the 9-5ers get off work. The prices just can't be beat.

Why would anyone pay close to $8 for a head of organic cauliflower at Buy For Less (Yes, you heard right. I was just there) when you can get it for $2.99 at Sprouts?

oklip955
06-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Actually Sprouts has been looking at the Yukon/Mustang area and I've suggested some place on the far westside of Edmond/OKC. area. Yes the Edmond store has been slated for remodel for a while. They are trying to get them into the new format. Remember that these two stores started out as Sunflower and changed to Sprouts when they merged.

MagzOK
07-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Sprouts has become the Wal-Mart of health food stores. Having shopped at one in Richardson, TX when we go visit my parents, I was stoked when Sprouts came here. I eventually stopped doing Sprouts because it is so darn crowded. During busy times it seemed as if they always had one or two lanes open with each lane extended back weaving through the bulk isles. By the time I would check out my frozen stuff would be melting. Then you have to contend with the parking, then you contend with traffic getting out on May or 63rd. Homeland started selling Boars Head deli meats so that pretty much got me away from Sprouts. Boars Head is the best! I wish Natural Grocers had a deli thought, then I wouldn't have to ever go to Homeland.

okatty
07-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I go to Homeland for same reason - Boars Head.

Buffalo Bill
07-03-2015, 04:21 PM
I go to Homeland for same reason - Boars Head.

Which Homeland has Boars Head products?

okatty
07-03-2015, 04:25 PM

122nd and Rockwell

MagzOK
07-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Maybe they all do? I get mine at the Britton and May location. Hands down the best deli product IMO.

Bunty
10-02-2015, 12:25 AM
They are looking to add several more stores in the metro area. I know moore and Yukon, and also Stillwater. I did ask about a location out in the north west area and was told they are looking for a location. They plan on having 500 stores in 5 yrs. They recently expanded to Georgia and Alabama with plans to go east and a bit north.

Not very soon, but Sprouts will be opening a store in Stillwater at 6th and Washington where the IGA store is. It recently closed. I don't know if Sprouts will be remodeling the old IGA, which is around 50 years old, or tear it down for a new building.

AP
10-02-2015, 06:41 AM
^Great get for Stillwater btw. Everything there is below par IMO. My parent's drive to Edmond to Sprouts currently because there isn't a good alternative.

TheTravellers
10-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Not very soon, but Sprouts will be opening a store in Stillwater at 6th and Washington where the IGA store is. It recently closed. I don't know if Sprouts will be remodeling the old IGA, which is around 50 years old, or tear it down for a new building.

Judging by the stores here in the OKC metro, they're probably just going to go in to the IGA building, they don't seem to do teardowns.

Pete
10-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Sprouts is going to absolutely murder it at 122nd & MacArthur.

Not much competition out there and lots of disposable income.

Zuplar
10-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm still waiting on the one supposedly coming to SW104th street.

RickOKC
10-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm still waiting on the one supposedly coming to SW104th street.

Me too! What's the update on this location?

OKCisOK4me
10-05-2015, 05:27 AM
Sprouts is going to absolutely murder it at 122nd & MacArthur.

Not much competition out there and lots of disposable income.

Closest competition is the remodeled Homeland at 122nd & Rockwell and an old Crest at Hefner & Rockwell.