Widgets Magazine

Thread: experiences with auto insurance

Default experiences with auto insurance

I've had a clean record for about 3 years until now and I may have to suffer sky high rates if I don't lose coverage. I have had 2 high point violations and a costly accident all within the past month. It's been a bad month.

I'm researching and will soon be receiving quotes from insurance companies.
    I've heard of people losing coverage from their new company after switching from their original insurance company. When they went back to insurance shopping, the rates went even higher.

I was wondering what has everyone's experience been with auto insurance companies?

2. Default Re: experiences with auto insurance

I had a really bad ticket three years ago and lost my insurance. I've been with Progressive since then, and am pretty happy with their rates. Not the best, but it could've been MUCH worse. Of course, I have a clean record with the exception of the one ticket. I don't know what you should do if you've got several violations.

however, even though it's been 3 years, when I've gone insurance shopping again, I'm finding the rates are outrageous. Some companies use different timelines for "risk" factors. I probably won't be in the clear for another couple of years.

good luck

Keith Guest

Default Re: experiences with auto insurance

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    I had a really bad ticket three years ago and lost my insurance. I've been with Progressive since then, and am pretty happy with their rates. Not the best, but it could've been MUCH worse. Of course, I have a clean record with the exception of the one ticket. I don't know what you should do if you've got several violations.

however, even though it's been 3 years, when I've gone insurance shopping again, I'm finding the rates are outrageous. Some companies use different timelines for "risk" factors. I probably won't be in the clear for another couple of years.

good luck
    I have been very blessed. I haven't had a ticket in over 15 years, nor an accident. I am with GuideOne insurance, and I get cheaper rates because I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I have shopped other places, but I could not ever find another insurance company as inexpensive as GuideOne. As a matter of fact, they also take care of my life insurance and homeowners insurance. I am satisfied.:spin:

4. Default Re: experiences with auto insurance

rxis, can you attend traffic school here in OK? I'm not sure if you can but in California, we could take a class and get the ticket off of our record.

I haven't had an accident and I've had one ticket in 26 years so I'm no expert on insurance but I use American National and combined with my HomeOwners policy was the best value I've found.

It helps to carry a high deductible - I go with 1000 deductible and keep an open credit card to use in case of emergency to cover that. If I have a claim under that, it doesn't make sense to claim it as my rates will go up. I hate insurance.

Good luck to you -
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

5. Default Re: experiences with auto insurance

I have been with state farm since I been driving, started that at 16 and am now 29. I have a good policy, multi car, plus renters insurance which dropped it a little. All together I pay about 100 bucks thats for two vehicles, a motorcycle, and renters insurance. To me thats a good deal, other places no telling what it would cost, plus state farm has been a good insurance company for me, even with tickets adn accidents and wrecks I have had before.

Thread Information