Widgets Magazine

Thread: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    NHL hockey is amazing in person. So much different than on TV and way better than any hockey we've had in OKC. I'd don't follow it or anything (couldn't even tell you who's in the playoffs right now), but I'd definitely go to Tulsa for a game or two a year if it was there. Beyond that, I'll admit that I would probably just be a fair weather fan. Honestly, I'd probably be a fair weather fan if the NHL was in OKC, too, since the NBA is here. I certainly wouldn't have season tickets to both. Nobody's got time for that, lol.
    I'm a HUGE Avalanche fan. We used to go to Denver for home games, Dallas when they played the stars and occasionally St. Louis when they played the Blues. We haven't been lately because everything has gone up and we just don't have the spare money anymore . The "fair weather" comment I'm afraid represents a ton of potential hockey game attendees. And that won't fly with the NHL.

Default Re: Paycom Center (formerly Chesapeake Arena)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm a HUGE Avalanche fan. We used to go to Denver for home games, Dallas when they played the stars and occasionally St. Louis when they played the Blues. We haven't been lately because everything has gone up and we just don't have the spare money anymore . The "fair weather" comment I'm afraid represents a ton of potential hockey game attendees. And that won't fly with the NHL.
    that certainly is the problem in the NHL right now. it's a hot product that has just gone up in price. I used to go to 5-6 Star games a year, because you could easily find pre-2020, for $40-60 in the upper deck. and at AA Center, those are still good seats with a good view. but now, you can't find a single ticket to a game for less than $125. my usual splurge tickets back in the day that were $85, are now $215... I just can't afford to go to more than 1 or 2 games a year now.

Thread Information