Widgets Magazine

Thread: Immigration Bill

Thumbs up Immigration Bill

What do you guys think of the immigration reform bill that is before Gov Henry? Do you think he will veto it? I personally think it is a good idea.

Default Re: Immigration Bill

All I know is the little bit I heard on the news. Not all the details. But, it does sound like it will be very tough to be an illegal immigrant here in Oklahoma and tough on those that knowingly employ them. I'm all for that. If jobs are a concern, it's time to start pulling from the welfare pool and put them to work!

Amen to that. I am all for helping anyone in legitimate need. It is far to often with our welfare system that people abuse it and do only what they are required to do to keep their assisatance and no more. I think that welfare reform should be taken just as serious as the immigration reform (If not more serious).

Jman you are so right about the welfare system. The thing is if you work and are just making your bills you do not get any help. So you do not have money for groceries or medical expenses. I guess it is set up if you have the money to pay your bills then you can stop paying them and use your money for groceries.
    But if you quit your job then you get more help than if you were working and helping yourself. So there is no incentive to work it is actually discouraged by the rules.
    Actually I think you get more money and assistance if you won't/can't work than if you work. That is really sad.

I just read this at Oklahoma Immigration Bill Approved By Senate

Someone wrote:
    "I think I’ll relocate my SoCal born and raised family to Oklahoma, the one and only state in the Union with some heritage left in them. What great news. Such a great example of Patriotism!"
    and another:
    "
    FINALLY!!! A state with some ‘F’ing balls!!!
    What a breath of fresh air.

How are the housing prices in Oklahoma?"

Thread Information