Widgets Magazine

Thread: Allaus Coffee & Gelato in Edmond

Default Allaus Coffee & Gelato in Edmond

I've enjoyed some tremendous gelato and coffee over the past few weeks since discovering Allaus Coffee & Gelato in Edmond. While it is tucked into a non-descript shopping center behind the CVS on the northwest corner of Danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond, it is far from ordinary, in my experience. The furniture and decor are very nice... it is a great (and comfortable) place just to hang out with friends. There is a surprisingly inviting little courtyard just outside of their west side that should get crowded once it warms up.

I talked to the owner the first time I went in - this is a family owned business and these folks are very friendly and eager to please.

Their selection encompasses traditional flavors of gelato and interesting new experiments as well. They put out new flavors throughout the day. Both the dairy-based and water-based gelato recipes are used.

The coffee was good and strong - I had a latte each time I was in the shop. I didn't have time to find out where they get their beans but the results stack up against anything else I've had in OKC.

Allaus is definitely worth your time! They are one of the few original, locally owned businesses in Edmond, let alone North OKC.

Default Re: Allaus Coffee & Gelato in Edmond

Yeah, my wife and I ate here a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't care for the location but it is definitely upscale and the best value for the money so far I've found with local gelato. It's homemade right there in the store and have the largest selection of flavors I've seen so far. As bob said, it is a family run business, ironically ran by some Asians. But very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana_bob View Post
    They are one of the few original, locally owned businesses in Edmond, let alone North OKC.
    That's nice they're locally owned, but there are more than just 'a few' locally owned places.

Bob, I couldn't agree more about this place.

The Gelato was great, the atmosphere was great, and the owners are very nice people.

That patio will definitely be "the Gelato spot" of Edmond as it warms.

One thing I found curious though were the weekend hours of closing at 9:00 pm. The owner said they were rethinking that for May.
    Last edited by Centerback; 04-25-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: sp

Default it's good because it's run by Asians!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yeah, my wife and I ate here a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't care for the location but it is definitely upscale and the best value for the money so far I've found with local gelato. It's homemade right there in the store and have the largest selection of flavors I've seen so far. As bob said, it is a family run business, ironically ran by some Asians. But very nice.

I don't mean to be offensive...but it is NOT ironic that the cafe is run by asians. I moved from a Asian country and looked for this kind of cafe for 7 years here until this cafe opened. There are tons of upscale cafe like this in Asian countires and food in general there is really good---quality food.

amc,
    i really don't think metro meant any kind of dig against the culinary skill of the asian community. not to put words in his mouth, but i interpreted his statement as it was ironic that an asian-run business is making italian gelato... and doing a better job than many other places in the city. -M

p.s. welcome to the board!

Thread Information