Widgets Magazine

Thread: Urban like Sioux City

Default Urban like Sioux City

I don't know if there is a lot of interest in this sort of thing on here, but I'll give it a try.

Inside Sweet Fanny's

Rooms with views...

2. Default Re: Urban like Sioux City

That deserves a Flickr set or something. A lot of those earlier pictures reminded me of Ardmore (albeit a quarter the size of Sioux City). Do many of you pull off I-35 on your way to/from Dallas to see the changes going on there? That town is really growing up.

I enjoyed seeing these pictures, Spartan. It's interesting to see what other places are doing. Small cities are great places to live.

-----------------

Default Re: Urban like Sioux City

Not all of them but I have begun to document the urban in cities other than OKC (so far I have photo sets of Sioux City, Omaha, Kansas City, New Orleans, and I have DC and Houston planned), not that I'm growing bored with my OKC photography sets. Also a lot of these were taken from a moving car and not my tripod so I don't feel like I've done justice to Sioux City as much as I'd like. There are some shots that I was able to steady the camera and that I think came out very nicely.

I am glad you enjoyed my hobby ...

4. Default Re: Urban like Sioux City

I was in Little Rock recently and was impressed with what they were doing downtown. I was wishing I had a camera. That's neat that you are chronicling these city centers in pictures. Do you have a link to your Omaha pictures? I was there a lot in the mid nineties and I know they had a lot of plans; it would be fun to see how it all panned out.

--------------------------

5. Default Re: Urban like Sioux City

I tripped through Sioux City on one of my summer road trips a few years back. Interesting place in a sub-Des Moines sort of way. I really need to fly there, though, just to get the SUX baggage tag.

I don't actually get the distinct impression that a link to where I have posted the photos is what you really want. I will spare myself the accusations of hocking my website here and just post some highlights:

7. Default Re: Urban like Sioux City

Nice skyline shots. Did the entertainment district downtown ever get off the ground? I remember a big deal with downtown living and mixed-use developments. They were dreaming big, I remember that!

------------

In Omaha? That's the Old Market.

Thread Information