Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Furrs Cafeteria

1. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

I think he was joking.

2. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    I think he was joking.
    If you are referning to my mention of "Vacation," it was sarcasm. I personally do not appreciate people putting down a company that saves people massive amounts of money like Wal-Mart does.

Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

geico saves people massive amounts of money on car insurance... i guess we can't make fun of them, either. -M

4. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    I personally do not appreciate people putting down a company that saves people massive amounts of money like Wal-Mart does.
    Wal-Mart has good prices on some items. That means they are immune from criticism? Are you aware that the Wall Street Journal recently blasted Wal-Mart for their new draconian employee shift policies? Wal-Mart basically wants all employees "on-call" 24/7. No more fixed schedules in the very near future. Considering that Wal-Mart employees tons of single mothers, the Wall Street Journal pointed out it will be impossible for them to plan daycare schedules. Oh, but they save people a little money. Something is not quite right with this picture. You don't "appreciate" people "putting down" a company because --- they have good prices? When I thought I had heard it all.

-----------------------

JavaDaves Guest

Wal-Mart is cheap. Period.

Unless things have changed a lot since I was in college, I'm not aware of many retail stores that DO offer fixed schedules.

7. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

If you are referning to my mention of "Vacation," it was sarcasm. I personally do not appreciate people putting down a company that saves people massive amounts of money like Wal-Mart does.
    Hey, I was on your side you know.

I might call Wal-mart, Walllyworld but that doesn't mean I hate it. I don't always agree with some of their practices, yet I see the good they do for small communities and those with limited incomes. I've read a book about Wal-mart's Mr. Sam and how he built the business and I was somewhat impressed with the man. But, a lot of things have changed since the book was written. BTW I was at Wallyworld 3 times today, twice on Friday.

Keith Guest

That's amazing.......the thread was titled "Furrs Cafeteria," and we are talking about Wal-Mart. Let me get this thing back on topic.

Furrs does have good food, but it's one popular place for the old folks (no offense aintaokie..LOL). It's a place that has a big variety of selections for the old geezers that have to have certain types of food in oder for their digestive systems to work. Needless to say, I haven't been to a Furrs in years.

10. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That's amazing.......the thread was titled "Furrs Cafeteria," and we are talking about Wal-Mart. Let me get this thing back on topic.

Furrs does have good food, but it's one popular place for the old folks (no offense aintaokie..LOL). It's a place that has a big variety of selections for the old geezers that have to have certain types of food in oder for their digestive systems to work. Needless to say, I haven't been to a Furrs in years.
    You mean healthy food as opposed to processed "food" at fast food outlets? I eat there and I'm not an, "old geezer." I find it very hard to find healthy food while eating out - and especially traveling when I'm not familiar with what restaurants are where. I can get a good vegetable plate and home-cooked food at a reasonable price at Furr's. Much healthier than hitting the closest mexican food place where all the "youngsters" are.

----------------

JavaDaves Guest

Quote Originally Posted by writerranger View Post
    You mean healthy food as opposed to processed "food" at fast food outlets? I eat there and I'm not an, "old geezer." I find it very hard to find healthy food while eating out - and especially traveling when I'm not familiar with what restaurants are where. I can get a good vegetable plate and home-cooked food at a reasonable price at Furr's. Much healthier than hitting the closest mexican food place where all the "youngsters" are.

----------------
    What exactly is your definition of "processed" food? Food is food. Maybe you should say non-healthy food vs. healthy food.

12. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by JavaDaves View Post
    What exactly is your definition of "processed" food? Food is food. Maybe you should say non-healthy food vs. healthy food.
    You're right.

-----------------

13. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by JavaDaves View Post
    Actually, ALL food is "processed." You have meat that goes through a processing plant, then inspected, milk that goes throgh a processing plant, then pasturized, etc. Those examples are quite healthy.

Actually, ALL food is "processed." You have meat that goes through a processing plant, then inspected, milk that goes throgh a processing plant, then pasturized, etc. Those examples are quite healthy.
    ALL food? Fresh local produce is "processed" how?

15. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by PUGalicious View Post
    ALL food? Fresh local produce is "processed" how?
    Well..... they....... wash it...........

and stuff.

Eat no vine before its time, or before it's had a bath

17. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Quote Originally Posted by writerranger View Post
    Oh, but they save people a little money. Something is not quite right with this picture. You don't "appreciate" people "putting down" a company because --- they have good prices? When I thought I had heard it all.-
    Next they will save us even MORE money by enslaving Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Next they will save us even MORE money by enslaving Mexicans.
    Next? It's already happening...

19. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

My friend's dad, who is mexican, works at Furrs.

20. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Do they pay him?

21. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

Yup.

Looks like the new store opened today!
    The parking lot was packed

Pretty funny that even a Furrs gets a huge opening day

> The parking lot was packed

noticed that last night driving to norman. rather surprised me to see so many folks jonesin' for a buffet. good, bad or fantastic, in the end, it's still one more buffet line.

25. Default Re: Furrs Cafeteria

The official grand opening, according to my ex mother-in-law who works there, is on the 10th.

She also said that on Friday and Saturday and steak and shrimp will be served and on Sat-Sun, breakfast will be served.

Thread Information