Widgets Magazine

Thread: When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

1. Default When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

When was the last time someone did something nice for you? What was it?

When was the last time you did something nice for someone else?

Today when I left work to eat lunch I decided to go to Quiznos. I was sitting there eating and got really full so I took a big ol' deep breath. I'm sitting there eating and looking out the window and a gentleman walks up to me and says "i saw that big deep sigh and I know how you feel. It will get better, it always does, I know how you feel." At first I was like, what the heck is this guy talking about..... his stomach being full? And then I realized he thought that deep breath I took was a sign of sorrow or something. I wasn't sad at the time but that had to have been the sweetest man I've ever met and one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done. Next time I DO have the blues, I'll have that to consider.

Default Re: When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

This may sound kind of lame, but I try to do something nice for someone every day. It's a karma thing, I guess, but it works.

Today - I pulled back and let a semi merge onto I-40. A few miles later, a different semi let ME merge into the right lane to exit.

And - when I got home, the S.O. had done all of my laundry!

3. Default Re: When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

Last week I was having computer problems.. OKCPulse saved my life and Ibda12u is the sweetest thing ever born.. he's coming over tomorrow to help me! Both friends from OKCTalk. I was really stressed and they helped me out tremendously! Shout out to my buds!

Today, I was in the video store, this elderly gentleman was talking to the clerk.. someone had cut him off on the road and he was a little shaken. I started to talk to him and we talked and talked and I found out 15 years ago he was hit by lighting chasing a storm (worked in broadcast/journalism) he talked to me about working with Gary England and how now he is disabled and is having a hard time .. has had 37 operations and the worker's comp people give him a hard time constantly about helping him with his bills and hassles about insurance .. it was so sad!

He teared up, I teared up and gave him a big hug in the middle of the video store ...... I know, I know, he couldn't have been a mass murderer, but I took my chances!

I hope it made his day a little easier to bear.. a hug from a stranger.. it's not much but hopefully better than feeling that no one cares at all.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: When was the last time someone did something nice for you?

My coworker brought me a coffee Frapp today.. She musta known this was going to be a long day ...
    "You can't fix stupid it's foreverrrrrrrrr!!" Ron White

Thread Information