Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
WOF is running a promotion right now, that's why tickets are so cheap. They've had a ton of bad publicity in recent years, and a massive fight had to be broken up at the park already this year... that park is struggling. FC may not have the bigger coasters, but it is probably a much better park all-around than WOF. Operations are often horrid at WOF, Plus, prices are deceiving online since they add a ton of fees.
Even their middle of summer prices are only $46 and Kings Island which absolutely blows FC away in every way is only $49-52. I picked WOF because it was the closest none-SF park.

I don't know how anyone would think FC was a better park than WOF in any category. Even if you threw out coasters, WOF has far more thrill rides and kids rides and they are all better examples of the rides too. They also have the water park. WOF isn't the best operated park, but I had to leave FC multiple times last year because of how poorly they were operating rides and I got to my frustration point (for example, waiting 30 minutes to ride Wild Kitty with my 2 year-old when I was only 10 people back when I got in line).

I am glad we have FC, and I go many times a year, but it is not a good park compared to just about any other park in the country (I've been to over 35 and have had season passes to Cedar Fair, Disney and Six Flags parks in the past). It is hampered by having some of the worst examples of each type of ride they have and horribly slow/poor operations. I can still have plenty of fun on their rides, but can't stand the operations and really hope that gets improved.