Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
Frontier City vs. Six Flags:

Frontier City seems to add something new every year: Frontier City adds new thrill ride for 2016 season | KFOR.com

Taken my boys when they were small to FC & Six Flags. It took them an average 30-40 minutes (in line) to board the more popular rides; they preferred Frontier City because of proximity and more money to spend. They had season passes to FC & White Water Bay. Those passes were inexpensive if you spent a lot of time @ FC & White Water than paying the daily rate.

If you're already in the Arlington area, Six Flags is a great family park--be prepared to spend a lot of time in long lines. However, I wouldn't drive 3 1/2 hours to go to Arlington--for the little ride time spent on those mega rides at Six Flags (Texas) considering the wait time.
I tend to lean toward bchris' side on this one - it's really hard for me to justify going to FC with Six Flags just a 3-hour drive south. Nothing really *against* FC, but the expense/value just isn't there - and we're not likely to make more than one visit in a summer to either place. I've been out there a few times, but long ago, so I probably owe the place a fresh look. I don't know what a day's ticket costs, but I guess if I had kids that wanted to go there several times a summer, yeah, FC makes more sense, but I think notionally it will always be a "junior" compared to SFOT.

IN fairness, my family has taken back-to-back "mini-vacations" to the Arlington area the last two years, and the lines at SFoT weren't quite that bad. In fact, we got in to ride the Judge Roy Scream with almost no wait at all - I think the owners have really neglected that ride. At a minimum, the thing needs a fresh coat of paint. It's still a fun ride - and this was on a seasonal weekend. Did the log flume, the toboggan, the mine trains - lines were moderate at best and nothing I thought was a waste of time or led me to turn away and try again later. Crowds were there, but nothing oppressive.

SFoT is implementing their own version of Disney's "FastPASS" system where you can "buy your way" into a shorter line by getting a "temporary ticket" to a designated attraction, then return at a particular time to go through a "shortcut" line. SFOT's error, however, was making it an extra purchase. Value wasn't there for us at all...

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my family back to Disney once more before everyone's out on their own and graduated. All it takes is money, right...?