Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 252627282930

Thread: Frontier City

Default Re: Frontier City

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Wonder if Frontier City will be sold since Six Flags did not own Frontier city and just managed it. Maybe the owners of frontier city will possibly sell to them? Frontier city is the odd one out of all the six flags properties since Six Flags did not own Frontier City.
    Why would the owners sell it? Nothing changes operationally for them. I mean, the place is still an undersized, outdated, and outclassed facility compared to just about any other park serving a major market, but it is what it is. They will continue to use it to sell passes to the larger parks. If you buy a SF membership at FC, it is good at all their parks. I bought one and visited Magic Mountain north of LA earlier this year and got my money's worth there.

Very doubtful that FC will benefit in any way from this new arrangement. The status quo will be maintained until the Vinita park starts to eat into it and they are forced to actually invest in the place. Every ride at FC is old and tired. I enjoy the classics as much as anyone and can appreciate the Schwartzkopf masterpiece that is the Silver Bullet, but I doubt many other people care about the historic interest of a 1980's era german carnival coaster.

The last time FC got a major new ride was several years ago. It was actually a used ride taken from another park that replaced a ride at FC that was arguably much better. The new ride barely works and isn't that popular on the rare occasions when it is open.

A major new ride would do wonders for the park, but then they would have to follow it with other large investments. From SF's perspective, better to invest into the Texas park where they actually own the property (sort of, there's a complicated ownership setup there too, but it's much more in SF's favor)

Blog Entries

Remembered what my cousins in the DFW area said when they visited OKC some years ago. We took them to Frontier City and told them that it was no Six Flags.

They enjoyed FC more than they did Six Flags because they didn't have to wait in long lines for 30 minutes for a particular ride. I was surprised by their response; it suddenly occurred to me that was the same complaint my relatives here had when they went to Six Flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    They filed bankruptcy in 2009; what does this have to do with 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    They filed bankruptcy in 2009; what does this have to do with 2023?
    Look past the title. Bright Sun films makes great videos about the history of companies and buildings. The merger happened because Six Flags was still struggling even after the bankruptcy and this allowed Cedar Point to move in.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Why would the owners sell it? Nothing changes operationally for them. I mean, the place is still an undersized, outdated, and outclassed facility compared to just about any other park serving a major market, but it is what it is. They will continue to use it to sell passes to the larger parks. If you buy a SF membership at FC, it is good at all their parks. I bought one and visited Magic Mountain north of LA earlier this year and got my money's worth there.

Very doubtful that FC will benefit in any way from this new arrangement. The status quo will be maintained until the Vinita park starts to eat into it and they are forced to actually invest in the place. Every ride at FC is old and tired. I enjoy the classics as much as anyone and can appreciate the Schwartzkopf masterpiece that is the Silver Bullet, but I doubt many other people care about the historic interest of a 1980's era german carnival coaster.

The last time FC got a major new ride was several years ago. It was actually a used ride taken from another park that replaced a ride at FC that was arguably much better. The new ride barely works and isn't that popular on the rare occasions when it is open.

A major new ride would do wonders for the park, but then they would have to follow it with other large investments. From SF's perspective, better to invest into the Texas park where they actually own the property (sort of, there's a complicated ownership setup there too, but it's much more in SF's favor)
    The basic pass only includes Six Flags Over Texas now, you have to get the Diamond pass to get all parks. FC has the worst example of every type they operate, except for the Silver Bullet and the Wildcat. Neither of which are amazing examples, but not horrible. That being said, I still get a lot of value out of my passes every year and my biggest complaint is the anti-lean ride operations. I can only take so much just insanely slow ride ops before I have to call it a day.

Thread Information