Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your drink of choice

1. Default Your drink of choice

I think I've posted this before...

But I'm not going to look because my show, America's Next Top Model (hey, before you judge, check out the photography cause it's AWESOME) is about to come on.

So share:

If you could have a drink right now, what would it be? And I mean alcoholic, of course. I'm drowning my sorrows in girly martinis...well, not really, but they make the evening more fun!

So tonight, for me, it's Cosmopolitans. How about you? If you could have any drink, social stigma/cost notwithstanding, what would you have?
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: Your drink of choice

I'll take a Gin and Tonic or maybe Crown and 7! Hell I'll follow that up with a pint of Newcastle. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.

3. Default Re: Your drink of choice

Well I found something new I like candian club whiskey, good stuff has a slight sweet flavor doesn't really burn but real good mix in coke, if not that its either margarita's or tom collions's

4. Default Re: Your drink of choice

During my alcohol days, I liked Cubra Libras.

5. Default Re: Your drink of choice

I've never heard of Cubra Libras? Mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    During my alcohol days, I liked Cubra Libras.
    For some reason that reminds me of another favorite.

MOJITO'S

7. Default Re: Your drink of choice

Oooooooh Mojitos!

I only recently have tried these...I have a friend in mind when I get to craving one.

Good times.

8. Default Re: Your drink of choice

bandnerd, I didn't read this post until just now and just clicked on it and I watched Top Model.. I love that show.. can you believe the theme though ( model's killing each other) .. a little morbid but it turned out beautifully much to my surprise ....

Favorite drink.. Peach Bellinis, Kahlua and Creme, Cosmopolitans all come to mind but depends on when and where.. Tropical vacations ...I love foo foo drinks with umbrellas - anything with rum - favorite Dirty Banana, hot summer nights Corona w Lime, fireplace nights chilled White Zinfandel ... I'm not picky.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Pretty boring...Either a spicy bloody mary, margarita (rocks) or any of a 100 beers

Favorite beer right now is Boulevard Wheat

10. Default Re: Your drink of choice

I LOVE Boulevard Wheat!

Give me a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and I'm good to go!

To the couch to sit and watch tv, that is.

I don't drink much because of prescription medicine, but, when I do, rum tends to be my drink of choice. I'm eclectic - from foo-foo drinks to plain old rum and coke. I really like flavored rums - raspberry rum and diet cherry/vanilla coke is a great mix!

For beer - any of the darks are good, especially Sam Adams line of products. We always stock up at Goody-Goody when we go to Dallas - I can't stand the weak beer in OK!

Fat Tire

I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow

I like beer. It helps me unwind and some times it makes me feel mellow.

15. Default Re: Your drink of choice

lol... Jimbo, do you like beer?

16. Default Re: Your drink of choice

"Beer, it's liquid bread it's good for you/how bout a drink or two?"

My husband is a fan of Fat Tire. Too bad we can't get it here

MadMonk Guest

For liquor, Rum is my spirit of choice, but I also enjoy a nice Maker's Mark whiskey every now and then. Good scotch is always a guilty pleasure as well.

For beer, I've been trying every different kind/brand I can get my hands on. Currently, Chimay (blue label) is my favorite. It's expensive though - about $4/bottle but you can get it in larger bottles for about $10. For less expensive beer I like a Sam Adams Black Lager or a Dos Equis with lime, depending on my mood at the time.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    Fat Tire
    If you have a contact for getting it here, I'd like to be put in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I've never heard of Cubra Libras? Mind sharing?
    Don't get too excited - rum and coke with a generous twist of lime.

Anyhoo, in my drinking prime I was famous (or infamous) for swilling down Sambuca Shakes (vanilla ice cream) or Root Beer Floats. I believe the RBF recipe was Kahlua, coke, hearty dose of milk, and a splash of grenadine. First one, tastes just like a root beer float. Number two, tastes just like a root beer float. Never got past the second sip of the third.........
    Last edited by NE Oasis; 03-22-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: wrong recipe for RBF

20. Default Re: Your drink of choice

NE oasis, I just gained 10 lbs fantasizing about your drink.. sounds heavenly ... 'drinking' ice cream without tasting the alcohol.. lol that's my kind of drink.

Raised by a German I tend to drink a lot of beer.... as a product of the area I grew up in I drink Boulevard Wheat like no other. I tend to grab Warsteiners if I'm at the liquor store.

One that ALWAYS sounds good: Long Island Ice Tea :P

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    If you have a contact for getting it here, I'd like to be put in touch with them.
    I usually pick some up when I go to TX - watch expiration dates when using this method and put it on ice in an ice chest for the ride home

I also have a cousin who lives in Denver and when her and her husband drive down once or twice a year, I have them bring me some

I like Grey Goose Vodka and Tonic with lime.

Bandnerd, I looked up Cubra Libra and it sounds like a rum and Coke to me.

Margaritas, Long Island Iced Teas and Long Beach Iced Teas

25. Default Re: Your drink of choice

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    I like Grey Goose Vodka and Tonic with lime.

Bandnerd, I looked up Cubra Libra and it sounds like a rum and Coke to me.
    Score one for mranderson.!

Thread Information