Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bank7

Western Ave. Bank7

They have submitted planning documents to completely rebuild their headquarters on the NE corner of NW 63rd and Western.

Hard to tell, but they look like single-story buildings.

Default Re: Bank7

Thanks, God! Every time I drive by this intersection, I always wonder why that ugly black building is still there and downgrading the whole area. Btw, the drive through arrows don't make a lot of sense to me.

what a pain of a sewer easement

I miss Irma’s

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I miss Irma’s
    I so wanted to post this, totally seconded!!!

6. Default Re: Bank7

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have submitted planning documents to completely rebuild their headquarters on the NE corner of NW 63rd and Western.

given the shadow cast by the main building at the corner of 63rd and Western, that would have to make it at least a 3+ storey midrise.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

7. Default Re: Bank7

I miss Irma’s
    Really? Maybe I had them on an off day, but I just thought it was a so-so burger. Wasn't worth what they were charging.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Really? Maybe I had them on an off day, but I just thought it was a so-so burger. Wasn't worth what they were charging.
    They did have off days, but if you got a no-name ranch burger, medium, it was great - done both on a grill and a flat-top. Went there a few times a year pretty much every year.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I would kill to have their prices these days!
    We never had any off days there.

Blog Entries

I would kill to have their prices these days!
    We never had any off days there.
    LOL, THEY wouldn't have "their prices" these days either.
    They were an okay burger that couldn't live up to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    LOL, THEY wouldn't have "their prices" these days either.
    They were an okay burger that couldn't live up to the competition.
    I'd take Irma's (as long as it was no-name ranch, and had bacon on it) over Garage, Patty Wagon, Burger Punk, and S&B almost every time (can't eat at Tucker's because of a peanut allergy).

same

13. Default Re: Bank7

Topic?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

According to OKC-SPAN an item related to this passed City Council this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

per the rezone they can build as high as 80 feet with non structural going higher .. ( they also are zoned to build a second building in the future if they want

I miss Irma’s
    Second this!

I wonder if they're going to put in a new arm for traffic lights for traffic exiting from the north exit. If not its going to cause issues for sure.

That's easily a tens of thousands of dollars and I doubt Nichols Hill will want to pay for an OKC business's expense.

Edit: Some other comments:
    As always I believe there is too much parking in this plan! I doubt a bank, especially nowadays, ever will have that many people there at one time.
    I do appreciate the minimal setback from Western which will look nice from the street and I appreciate them actually planning for the existing bus stop and not just placing the bench on grass like in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    I wonder if they're going to put in a new arm for traffic lights for traffic exiting from the north exit. If not its going to cause issues for sure.

That's easily a tens of thousands of dollars and I doubt Nichols Hill will want to pay for an OKC business's expense.

As always I believe there is too much parking in this plan! I doubt a bank, especially nowadays, ever will have that many people there at one time.
    I do appreciate the minimal setback from Western which will look nice from the street and I appreciate them actually planning for the existing bus stop and not just placing the bench on grass like in some places.
    Remember that this is not just a branch, but the HQ office for the bank. So you have to have parking to accommodate probably 20-30 people at least who work there on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post

What about employees? I imagine they have ~100 employees at that location.

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Remember that this is not just a branch, but the HQ office for the bank. So you have to have parking to accommodate probably 20-30 people at least who work there on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    What about employees? I imagine they have ~100 employees at that location.
    Good point from you both. I guess there would be more people then a normal branch but in all the times ive been by there (which is often, but admittedly not daily) there really hasnt been that many cars there. And even in Google Earth all the past remote sensing imagery shows the parking lots being half full. you can see that before 2014~2016 the lot was more consistently full.

Thread Information