Widgets Magazine
Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171116117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3119

Thread: First National Center

Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I’ve been fortunate enough to be a guest for dinner the past couple of nights at Tellers and all I can say is wow. So far for me the highlight has been the yellowfin tuna, but I haven’t had a single item that wasn’t pretty special. The tuna was the single best entree I’ve eaten in recent memory. The ambiance is like few if any restaurants in the U.S..

I have enjoyed quite a few conversations with Apicii’s V.P. of Operations at this point, and even their NYC-based team is somewhat mindblown by the space they’re in. He compared it favorably to Grand Central Terminal, saying that is one of the few buildings in the U.S. that invites comparison.

This building (and the F&B options, as they come online) puts OKC in some rare air that I think we don’t yet fully appreciate.
    Really cool to hear that from someone else as it’s the same comparison I’ve always used.

Booked a room at the hotel in the first week of June. Didn't know when it was going to be opened, but it popped up on the Marriott website and we booked it. A lot cheaper than I originally thought it would be. Sub $250 per night.

^

Hotel opens April 12th.

4. Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Hotel opens April 12th.
    Staying there for our anniversary on the 14th with dinner at Tellers

Snuck in the side door along park last night and checked it out. Pictures don’t do it justice. It’s always been the most impressive space in the state, glad it’s finally getting the recognition it deserves.

I notice the exterior lights turn off around 10pm which is kind of a bummer for how early that is. Perhaps it has something to do with the penthouses up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I notice the exterior lights turn off around 10pm which is kind of a bummer for how early that is. Perhaps it has something to do with the penthouses up there.
    Sad.

The underground connection near banc first is open. The skywalk access to renaissance office building still has the temp wall up.
    I was too afraid to go explore but the underground door entrance was unlocked.

It's all open to the public. Went in through the UG and was encouraged by security to head up to the banking hall to check it out

10. Default Re: First National Center

Breakfast, lunch AND dinner at Tellers starting tomorrow (4/12). Entry from Robinson has been open for several days, from Park Avenue, from Broadway AND from the alley for a couple of weeks now. If someone wants to see the place there’s really nothing stopping them from doing so.

I had a beautiful 25 oz ribeye this evening and a couple of wonderful rye old fashioneds. Come on in, the water’s fine.

11. Default Re: First National Center

Nice urbanized. I can't wait to partake on my next visit to the city.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

12. Default Re: First National Center

Correction my ribeye was only 24 ounces…I was in a meat coma and didn’t catch my typo. Thank goodness there wasn’t another ounce or I might not have survived.

13. Default Re: First National Center

really must have been good. Can't wait!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

14. Default Re: First National Center

Mentioned in Forbes’ Travel section detailing top hotels opening in the U.S. this spring.

Went to lunch at tellers today and walked the project. Got a chance to chat with Gary Brooks as well. It’s more amazing in person. Pictures don’t do it justice.

Signage on the way.

The 1st sign will be illuminated.

17. Default Re: First National Center

Are they going to leave the front like that with the white paint and the OSB and the pallets and the filthy windows?!?

18. Default Re: First National Center

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanized View Post
    sorry, couldn't resist.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Are they going to leave the front like that with the white paint and the OSB and the pallets and the filthy windows?!?
    I mean, it's Gary Brooks...he might be the worst developer OKC has ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I mean, it's Gary Brooks...he might be the worst developer OKC has ever had!
    Apparently you don’t know Rainey Williams!

These are from Tietsort Design, a local glass manufacturer:

Dry Bar is opening a spot near the barbershop and the future Plenty spot.

All those businesses can only be accessed from the gallery (internal corridor on the ground floor) where Lucchese will also have frontage from Park Avenue with an entrance from the street as well as the gallery.

When I toured the apartments, the guide also mentioned a King Ranch store was planned near the Lucchese store.

Took a tour over the weekend. These are easily the most luxurious mass-scale apartments in the city. It gives you a true downtown living vibe.

Thread Information