Widgets Magazine
Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 5196979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3119

Thread: First National Center

Default Re: First National Center

Hopefully they can pull it off... I didn't realize they were having cost overruns already. Certainly not surprising given the complexity of all this.

Snapped a few pics the other day while downtown:

That second picture is just fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    That second picture is just fabulous!
    Thanks! Kinna funny how the statue on the left winds up being a timely metaphor for this phase of the project.

4. Default Re: First National Center

Love that statue shot.

Is it just me or does it feel like the demo went on overdrive? I guess the closer you get to the ground the easier it is to get the demo rubble out. Only a handful of floor left.

From Twitter:

@GaryDBrooks
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Did some tests on building lighting at First National last night. This is 8 lights, plans call for over 100 on the upper floors. Hundreds of color combinations. More testing next week. Pretty cool.

Gamechanging for our skyline... almost time to retake the night shots

Oh man, that is going to be fantastic.

Isn't the same company that did the Empire State lighting doing the First National lighting as well?

Aren't the penthouses up there? I wonder what that is going to be like, blackout curtains on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Aren't the penthouses up there? I wonder what that is going to be like, blackout curtains on order.
    having stayed on the top floor of a few hotels with lights like these, you get used to them and they are hardly noticeable by the third night

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    having stayed on the top floor of a few hotels with lights like these, you get used to them and they are hardly noticeable by the third night

Gary stated on twitter that they will indeed have blackout curtains

That's great, now if only we could get Devon to stop with the dancing lights almost every night, as I tend to think those look terrible. They did something interesting for a couple of nights last week with solid colors rotating between green and blue, would love to see that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    That's great, now if only we could get Devon to stop with the dancing lights almost every night, as I tend to think those look terrible. They did something interesting for a couple of nights last week with solid colors rotating between green and blue, would love to see that more often.
    Agreed. The dancing lights aren’t a good look.. Solid dark blue is probably my favorite that Devon does

15. Default Re: First National Center

Oh wow this is looking even better than I was expecting! Can't wait to get my drone up there once the lights are all installed.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Agreed. The dancing lights aren’t a good look.. Solid dark blue is probably my favorite that Devon does
    I like that one, and wish they would have done it for more Thunder home games this year. My favorite is probably the solid changing colors that they will program once in a blue moon. I would settle for the solid light blue that they did for a while, up until about 4-5 months ago. I know that ~ 10% of the lights aren't working (which in itself is disappointing to me), but I still think solid lights with 90% of them working are better than the dancing lights.

That is going to look great!! As for Devon I'm sure they thi k the dancing lights hides the fact that so many lights dont work. I km now we have beat that horse to death but for such a beautiful building it's a real black eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    That is going to look great!! As for Devon I'm sure they thi k the dancing lights hides the fact that so many lights dont work. I km now we have beat that horse to death but for such a beautiful building it's a real black eye.
    I'm sure that's what it is as well. You would think that for a gorgeous $750m building they would be able to find the money to replace the last few lights that aren't working, but oh well.

Anyways, on a more positive note, I do think that those First National lights really are going to look great. Between that, Sandridge lighting up their building again, the convention center hotel, and an eventual crown on the BancFirst tower, I'm very excited to see what the skyline looks like in a year or two.

A few more images from the lighting tests from https://twitter.com/adgokc/status/1133489768568971265:

Blog Entries

That looks cool, if they can light the roof and spire it would be outstanding.

Steve may have an article on the lighting here tomorrow. He tweeted a big change coming to skyline. Guessing it is a story on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Steve may have an article on the lighting here tomorrow. He tweeted a big change coming to skyline. Guessing it is a story on this.
    https://oklahoman.com/article/5632516/bancfirst-tower-renovation-expanded-to-include-new-exterior-on-all-36-floors

Awesome!

This is all that's left of the east section (taken today):

So once the ramp structure is in place will they still wrap it in a building looking thing? I went back a few pages an the end product still looks like an office building that comes up to the street. Of has plans changed on the final looks of the ramp structure?

Thread Information