Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567853103 ... LastLast

Thread: First National Center

Default Re: First National Update!

Very much looking forward to their announcement on March 12th.

Hopefully, they'll be telling us they plan to spend a bunch of money on the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Very much looking forward to their announcement on March 12th.

Hopefully, they'll be telling us they plan to spend a bunch of money on the place.
    That's my hope. I'm ready to see downtown as the center and focus of our city. When you go places like Chicago, you see what a city can be, and a small version of that is my dream for OKC.

3. Default Re: First National Update!

Yeah, Chicago is one cool city. I love the University of Chicago campus as well as downtown there.

4. Default Re: First National Update!

This is my absolute favorite building in Oklahoma!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

5. Default Re: First National Update!

I noticed the red lights last night. Hopefully they will continue to do colored lights for holidays, like they do on the Empire State Building in NYC.

Can't wait for that big announcement on March 12!

/crosses fingers for residential/

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I noticed the red lights last night. Hopefully they will continue to do colored lights for holidays, like they do on the Empire State Building in NYC.

Can't wait for that big announcement on March 12!

/crosses fingers for residential/
    There were red and green lights during Christmas.

What happens 3/12? St. Patricks?

Prunepicker

I'm really excited to see what's announced on March 12. This has always been one of my favorite buildings in downtown. I'm curious if they ultimately just focus all of their energy and resources on the original tower, or also include the entire First National complex in the renovations - those unremarkable buildings added on in the back, perhaps in the 1950s?

www.unitedstatesofmichael.com

michael, I imagine it will include the whole complex, especially since the article just stated they gutted the 10 floors of the east side of the complex (not the tower portion). I doubt they plan to gut it and leave it. It would be nice to hear residential and some Class A office space. I sure hope the grand banking hall gets opened soon!!

9. Default Re: First National Update!

I would think the tower would be priority, but they did say they just gutted a large portion of the east wing...

All very exciting...and I'm glad tighter credit markets haven't affected this project moving forward.

www.unitedstatesofmichael.com

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mheaton76 View Post
    I'm really excited to see what's announced on March 12.
    What's been announced?

Prunepicker

12. Default Re: First National Update!

Nothing... until March 12.

I love this building! Everytime I walk past the stairs to the banking hall (on my way to Sweets & Eats), I remember seeeing the huge Christmas tree when I was a kid.

I had to run to my downtown dry cleaners tonight. Man, FNC must have installed a new red "airplane" light on their beacon, it is extremely bright and by far the brightest light in the downtown skyline (depending on the angle, you may or may not be able to tell). Also the building was all lit up in red and white lights ( I know it was for valentines and for other holidays, but these lights were a lot brighter than they usually are). It was also nice to see all the old signs/lights restored on the ground levels. I can't wait to hear the big announcement for the next phase of FNC next week!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I had to run to my downtown dry cleaners tonight. Man, FNC must have installed a new red "airplane" light on their beacon, it is extremely bright and by far the brightest light in the downtown skyline (depending on the angle, you may or may not be able to tell). Also the building was all lit up in red and white lights ( I know it was for valentines and for other holidays, but these lights were a lot brighter than they usually are). It was also nice to see all the old signs/lights restored on the ground levels. I can't wait to hear the big announcement for the next phase of FNC next week!!
    I love FNC also. I worked for FNB from 1979-1984 on the 10th floor. The banking lobby is one of the best spaces in town. Christmas was wonderful when the brought in that huge tree for the lobby. It was really stunning.

I will never forget parking in the FNB garage and the owner, Chariman of the bank parked next to me. He drove a red Ford Fairlane and the darn thing leaned to right!!!!
    I was impressed by that and it made me think about cars forever. Cars are for transporation, not ego building.

I was in FNC today and talked to the management company about renting the Banking Hall for a class reunion. They told me they were really only making it available for some community events.

I asked how the announcement next week might affect that policy and was told it probably wouldn't change. However, they do seem committed to keeping that space somewhat available (meaning not rented to any one tennant) so that's good news.

The leasing office actually opens to the Hall below... It's on the third floor and there is a little balcony where you look straight down. I took a few photos that I'll post later.

Space is still stunning, of course.

Here's a couple of photos I snapped from Milbank's leasing office which overlooks the hall. At the far end, you can see they've erected a temporary wall:

It looks like a smaller version of the interior of Grand Central Station in NYC.

Saw these posters all over the First National today:

Anyone want to make a guess on what will be announced tomorrow?

This looks very promising! Milbank has done a great job with a few historical buildings here in L.A.

I'm hoping they'll announce plans to spends tens of millions on not only the tower, but the adjacent buildings and arcade.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Here is my prediction - American Fidelity Assurance is going to move into the building and the other 2 "additions" will be converted to condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Here is my prediction - American Fidelity Assurance is going to move into the building and the other 2 "additions" will be converted to condos.
    Yes. I agree that is very possible. I know some AMFID guys, I should call them.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbowl View Post
    Yes. I agree that is very possible. I know some AMFID guys, I should call them.
    This is the stupid announcement nobody was kind enough to answer when I asked what it was?

I thought it was going to be something important.

Prunepicker

24. Default Re: First National Update!

I'll be interesting in seeing all of your reactions to what they announce.
    -Steve

25. Default Re: First National Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    This is the stupid announcement nobody was kind enough to answer when I asked what it was?

I thought it was going to be something important.

Prunepicker
    HUH? He's just speculating.

Thread Information