Widgets Magazine
Page 109 of 125 FirstFirst ... 959104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3119

Thread: First National Center

1. Default Re: First National Center

Just curious but are they building out the apartment spaces as spec work or they going to build out the insides of most of those as they are leased? Like model home approach or just build out the whole complex approach?

Just thinking that depending on how the rebuild all the services like water/electric/HVAC, that it may or may not be easy to do it one unit at a time but maybe one floor at a time. I'm thinking water pumps, transformers/etc. But if they do it one unit or floor at a time, it could also save a LOT on the initial investment. Also means you have build time for the first tenants so you aren't "move-in" ready.

Anyone also have any feel for how downtown's residential numbers are doing in this crazy market? OKC is not San Fran or anything, but we're also not sending people to work downtown like we were either.

Default Re: First National Center

^

They are building out the apartments and hotel rooms and everything else all at once and all should be finished within a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

They are building out the apartments and hotel rooms and everything else all at once and all should be finished within a year or so.
    Pete, will there be for sale units?

Isn’t there a process they are going to do to clean exterior limestone and windows? I know windows haven’t been done but I assume limestone hasn’t been cleaned yet either.
    Any insight into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Pete, will there be for sale units?
    No, just apartments and hotel rooms.

I don't think they are replacing windows, just repairing them.

And I know they fixed a lot of limestone mortar joints but not sure if it will all get cleaned.

6. Default Re: First National Center

The Great Hall ceiling is looking great.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNk4LlNB..._web_copy_link

No, just apartments and hotel rooms.

I don't think they are replacing windows, just repairing them.

And I know they fixed a lot of limestone mortar joints but not sure if it will all get cleaned.
    Correct. They are adding new storm windows on interior. But planning to clean the exterior ones. This is related to historic credits that required them to leave original windows

I’m curious on the exterior limestone cleaning. I think there was talk of cleaning it. That would make it looks so much better if it was cleaned to remove years of aging

Construction fencing is down around garage! About 1/3 of garage has glass now. Few more weeks and this garage will be complete. Looks like Broadway could open back up soon for traffic southbound.

Also I noticed they left ceiling tiles for a few feet on the north side where actual garage is giving it a true look of an office building from the street view along park ave.

Okc should be very glad to have this property handled right finally. It’s going to be such a great asset for the area.

Gary Brooks might be the best thing to have happened to OKC in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Gary Brooks might be the best thing to have happened to OKC in the last decade.
    Agree

that looks really sharp... but that one panel that is tinted differently is killing my need for order.

Surely that panel will be replaced....

15. Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Surely that panel will be replaced....
    I don't know, it looks like it would be a real pane to replace.

16. Default Re: First National Center

They're gonna leave that protective film on there for a few years so that when they pull it off, it's like its a whole new window. lol

Maybe it’s the Devon Energy Memorial Window?

It's a reflection of their work.

They are going for full-on OCD trigger. Off-center signage and now randomly leaving panes untinted.

20. Default Re: First National Center

Ahhhh but the sign is centered over the drive openings..?

Sort of... It is further left than center. The O is basically aligned with the opening's side, but then on the end, the E is set in further.

At current pace I expect this glass to all be installed by end of next week. Seems like they are doing a floor a day. I think only 4 more rows based on the size of the pieces going up currently and they are starting one of those row as I type this

They should be getting close to opening that garage, at least for the legions of workers finishing out the interior of First Nation Center.

They should be getting close to opening that garage, at least for the legions of workers finishing out the interior of First Nation Center.
    Yes they are moving super fast to finish it up. The floor of windows I mentioned an hour ago is almost half finished now
    They cut the curb in the median of Broadway and poured concrete all this week. Looks about ready for use.

25. Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Sort of... It is further left than center. The O is basically aligned with the opening's side, but then on the end, the E is set in further.
    I think that might be a trick of perspective. I haven't looked at this specifically in person, but I think if that photo had been taken absolutely square to the center post that it would line up. Stuff like that bothers me greatly also, just to be clear...

Thread Information