Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Default Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Ok everyone, on the subject of Best BBQ. What is your favorite BBQ joint around the OKC metro? I like Bad Brads in Yukon located on Hwy66 near Garth Brooks Blvd, second is Swadleys.

Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Chopped beef sandwich and fried corn on the cob at Dale's BBQ...Also like Earl's

This is my first post...

I like Iron Starr as for Best BBQ.

iron starr is pretty good barbecue... their okra is to die for, though. i really like earl's and swadley's with dale's and van's making the short list, too. if i'm really in the mood for good barbecue, though, i smoke it myself!

on the other end of the spectrum, i'm not a big fan of county line... it's overrated imo. -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    iron starr is pretty good barbecue...

on the other end of the spectrum, i'm not a big fan of county line... it's overrated imo. -M
    I agree with both of these statements. Best in the metro - Mr Spriggs in Midwest City (on Air Depot)

6. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Bad Brads is very good, and it's consistent from what I hear!

I love Earl's as well, and everytime I get BBQ now and it doesn't taste like Earl's I fell let down

Van's Pig Stand in Norman.

I am a vegetarian and some might think it's strange that I would reply to this thread but honestly BBQ restaurants are one of the easiest places for me to find things to eat. ( In OK and TX anyway) My absolute favorite is Iron Starr. The BBQ ranch dressing is great and the grean beans and corn pudding and corn bread and okra and mac and cheese and well just all of the sides are great. Oh and the desserts, yummy.
    I also enjoy the OK Station on 50th in the Springdale shopping center. The battered potatoes are killer. Any body know if Jacks on 39th is open again?

Steves Rib's, Edmond
    Last edited by oldglory; 03-20-2007 at 07:15 AM. Reason: sp

Right now, I'm pretty big on Earl's, and I think their okra is absolutely AWESOME. Their chopped beef sandwich is *great*, ribs are very good, and smoked chicken good (albeit the portion I had was a bit smallish).

I'm not impressed with Swadley's. We've been there several times and it's just been disappointing each time. Kept thinking the previous trip was an anomaly, weren't being fair, whatever, but finally we just gave up.

County Line used to be awesome, before they went to the dark side and became franchised with the "County Line" name. It used to be the "Oklahoma Line" years ago, and that's when it reallly hit its stride. I haven't been there in a long time after it deteriorated to the point that no one in my family liked to go there for my birthday dinner. I may be going back next week, not sure.

The Oklahoma Station on 50th used to be a favorite of my mom's, but when the owner treated my handicapped uncle (her brother) like he was a crook once we stopped going there instantly. I was not there, but the story was relayed to me that the owner had come out one evening and was asking people how their dinners were, and my uncle (who is a stroke victim and doesn't communicate verbally very well) suggested he'd have liked a bit more beef on his sandwich. Well, the onwer didn't appreciate the criticism, proceeded to throw a rather loud snit in front of the restaurant, and made a you-know-what of himself. That was the end of that place for us. That said, I believe the place has sold out since that time.

-soonerdave

as for oklahoma station... dang... for any kind of restaurant or retail establishment, that's just not good business. sure, bbq restaurants are precise as to how much beef goes per sandwich... i've seen places weigh the amount... regardless, you just don't treat a customer like that. you'd think a business owner would have better sense.

the fried okra at earl's is pretty good, but to me not much different than many other places. the stuff i had at iron starr was amazing... as if i'd never had fried okra before. the batter was salted and seasoned perfectly... but what was weird was that they fried whole pieces. i was skeptical about that at first, but it was just amazing. ok... enough of a shameless plug outta me.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Right now, I'm pretty big on Earl's, and I think their okra is absolutely AWESOME. Their chopped beef sandwich is *great*, ribs are very good, and smoked chicken good (albeit the portion I had was a bit smallish).

I'm not impressed with Swadley's. We've been there several times and it's just been disappointing each time. Kept thinking the previous trip was an anomaly, weren't being fair, whatever, but finally we just gave up.

County Line used to be awesome, before they went to the dark side and became franchised with the "County Line" name. It used to be the "Oklahoma Line" years ago, and that's when it reallly hit its stride. I haven't been there in a long time after it deteriorated to the point that no one in my family liked to go there for my birthday dinner. I may be going back next week, not sure.

The Oklahoma Station on 50th used to be a favorite of my mom's, but when the owner treated my handicapped uncle (her brother) like he was a crook once we stopped going there instantly. I was not there, but the story was relayed to me that the owner had come out one evening and was asking people how their dinners were, and my uncle (who is a stroke victim and doesn't communicate verbally very well) suggested he'd have liked a bit more beef on his sandwich. Well, the onwer didn't appreciate the criticism, proceeded to throw a rather loud snit in front of the restaurant, and made a you-know-what of himself. That was the end of that place for us. That said, I believe the place has sold out since that time.

-soonerdave
    County line is still well worth going to if not just for their homemade bread

Can't really say the rest of it is outstanding, but good enough....But my family devours that 1/2 loaf down in minutes....The smoked turkey is also very good

13. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

I love Dale's. I swear my hubby and I eat there at least once a month. We went to Earl's and were not very pleased with what we received. I wish there was a good barbecue place with a cooler setting. I used to be addicted to Rib Crib until I ate at Dale's. I still REALLY love their fries though. I feel fat now.

Is that Dale's BBQ the one in Midwest City? I actually have eaten there before and yeah, they have great food.

15. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve Iron Starr. I love everything about it. I have never gotten a bad meal there.

I love the pulled pork bbq sandwich...they put the coleslaw right on the sandwich. The combo of sweet/creamy with the tangy bbq and pork is amazing!

Plus, it's not outrageous. They also do an insanely good peach crisp for dessert.
    Still corrupting young minds

I love all the places mentioned pretty much. I miss Jack's though. FYI the original owner of Jack's is the one who started and still owns Oklahoma Station.

I'm a big Iron Star fan, mainly the iron burger. As for pure BBQ, I like Bedlam BBQ on NW 50th.

18. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

You guys are totally missing out on the glory that is Spencer's BBQ.

It's a bit of a trek, but well worth it. Great rolls, and if you go at the right time of day, get some fresh fritters to boot.

Awesome "hot" BBQ sauce too.

19. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

I love a good BBQ joint. Thus far Earl's is the best I've tried here. the 3rd Degree Wings are very likely the best in the country... and I try wings anywhere I find em!

MadMonk Guest

Man, every time I view this thread I get really hungry.

Recently tried County Line - it was pretty good, but judging from the menu a little pricy. Luckily for me it was free as I was with a party that was paid for (BBQ tastes so much better when it's free doesn't it?)

I'm a fan of Steve's Rib on Hefner west of Rockwell. I used to frequent Jack's on 39th and never had a bad experience. Oklahoma Station is another spot I like to visit from time to time. I've never tried Earls or Iron Starr, but I'm always up for a visit to a different BBQ place.

21. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Chopped beef sandwich and fried corn on the cob at Dale's BBQ...Also like Earl's
    My usual sides are mac & cheese and potato salad but I second your vote for Dales.

I love Spencers!

IMO, they have the best okra in the metro.

Maybe I'll have to go there tonight...

23. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Spencers will also sell you a big-a$$ed bag of "day old rolls" for something like $2 or $3.

And they're carb heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I love Spencers!

IMO, they have the best okra in the metro.

Maybe I'll have to go there tonight...
    MMMMMM fried okra and a good BBQ sandwich.....might be a good switch from onion rings.

25. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

We need to have a luncheon at a BBQ place. When I was a part of NISMOKC.com we were going to go to the drive in but it never happened. That wouldve been cool to have a bunch of nissans filling up the parking lot. I once saw a huge group of people there is vw vans.

Thread Information