Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

West of the Frog Pond, almost directly across the street for Taco del mar on the southside of 29th

usm, you ever been there before?

Last time I went was about 7-8 years ago. It was OK but nothing special to make me want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    We need to have a luncheon at a BBQ place. When I was a part of NISMOKC.com we were going to go to the drive in but it never happened. That wouldve been cool to have a bunch of nissans filling up the parking lot. I once saw a huge group of people there is vw vans.
    When were you a part of NISMOKC? I've been a member since 2003...actually met my husband through the meets and such. What was your username on there?

and you're right...I miss having big turnouts at the meets...as well as events/get-togethers.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Sorry, not sure where that is. It is east of Douglas of SE 29th. There is a little strip shopping center just east of the McDonald's on that corner.
    I forget the name of it, too...but you're right...pretty damn good BBQ.

My vote is for Rudy's in Norman. C-store and bbq restaurant, picnic style. Where else can you get a BBQ burrito for breakfast?!

I like either Earl's or Leo's.

Quote Originally Posted by usmbubba View Post
    Last time I went was about 7-8 years ago. It was OK but nothing special to make me want to go back.
    I happened to drive by there today, and it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by usmbubba View Post
    I happened to drive by there today, and it's gone
    You must be happy

This is the thread that brought be to this board.

Spencers BBQ has -the- best spare ribs around. Thick and meaty, and their sauce is outstanding. The okra is crispy and the apple fritters are a fun addition. Dear Santa, please bring me Spencers ribs for christmas. I have been a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I love Earl's, but I cannot believe Leo's hasn't been mentioned. That's an old favorite of mine.
    First post - I am surprised it took so long to be listed. Leo's gets my vote.

11. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Steve's Rib in Edmondvand the Original County Line on 63rd.

12. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Quote Originally Posted by IntheSticks View Post
    This is the thread that brought be to this board.

Spencers BBQ has -the- best spare ribs around. Thick and meaty, and their sauce is outstanding. The okra is crispy and the apple fritters are a fun addition. Dear Santa, please bring me Spencers ribs for christmas. I have been a good boy.
    Hells yeah.

Their rolls are great too. I've been known to swing by there and pick up a massive bag of "day old" rolls for like $3 too.

put me down for iron starr... leo's is also tasty.

There is a little BBQ place in eastern oklahoma down close to Mccalister way called toots,they have the best bbq you could imagine.

The place is small with a 70`s feel time warp with a bar counter at one end of the building and long picnic type tables and you get your cokes still in the bottle.

The Ribs and all the BBQ are to die for!

George's Happy Hog on Culbertson east of Lincoln is hands down the BBQ king of Oklahoma. Once you eat there, all other BBQ tastes like cardboard.

County Line, only because its too far to drive to Norman to Rudy's very often.
    Earls comes in a distant third.

There's a really good BBQ place in Chickasha just off I-44, I forget the place but it sure is tasty and portions are ginormous.

^
    sounds like jake's rib.

-M

I think I found Toots in greater McAlester (on hwy 75 somewhere around Gerty/Non), and it was no longer in business. Unless it moved???

I did go to the Speedtrap BBQ in Krebs tho. Pretty dang good. (yes I went to KREBS and ate BBQ. Sue me)

I have to confess, I never realized you could obtain bbq in Krebs before your post. I have a two track mind when it comes to Krebs eatery's, Rosanne's and Pete's. Isle ain't bad, but it's not my personal favorite of the three.

Bedlam BBQ around NE 50th and Lincoln

J R's BBQ

Mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My wife and I ate at Oklahoma Station BBQ, at the new Edmond location, last night. I was very dissatisfied. Years ago I ate at their NW 50th location and was impressed. This time, we both got the chopped/shredded brisket, and it was burnt. Wasn't very tasty. I was very disappointed.
    The hubby and I went there today and I may have to agree. The price was pretty high for what we got. Buffet style service, except for the meat - served on foam plates - only $10 a plate, with drink. Gee! (I'm still wondering exactly what I paid for ) Still, for good BBQ, I might be willing to pay it. It was okay, but I generally prefer to get my brisket without sauce on it so that I can choose for myself whether to have sauce or not, how much sauce to use, and whether to use mild or spicy. The chopped brisket comes pre-sauced. Shoulda stuck with Earl's.

The BBQ Station on 50th is much better. Still I only eat there when I have one of the coupons out of the Gazette.

Thread Information