Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sears Outlet

1. Default Sears Outlet

I hate appliance shopping - they are so expensive! But, anyway, I did find a nice place to get a discount on open box/dented/scratched major appliances.

I found a washer on-line I wanted that was $500 off original price but I wanted to see it... I went to the Sears store at the mall and they had the same one in the Clearance area.. it was originally $1499.00 but now $1199.00 plus 10% off today and they had free delivery and 12 months no interest if you get a Sears' Card.. ( disclaimer, I hate retail cards.. interest rates will kill you everytime.. 26% interest rate.. !! ) But with 0 I can leave my money in my money market account, earn interest for a year and pay it off monthly that way.. anyway...

Turns out that the store didn't have a Dryer to match the Washer.. boo,hoo.. I wanted it to at least look similar.. so I went down to the Sear's Outlet on 16th and Walnut and found a brand new matching Dryer that had a miniscule scratch on the side for $699.00 + the Pedestal was $169.00 (original price was $999.00 + $229.00 for the pedestal) and the warranty was a lot less too.

They don't offer Delivery or Zero interest so I just paid for that one.. but it still saved me some money and I was able to get the Washer that was originally priced at $1499 for $1,079 + another 10% off so I am a happy camper. I never knew appliances cost so much.. I've had my old ones forever.

I really wanted the new Energy Efficient washer.. apparently this one spins at 1300 rpms and the clothes come out nearly dry.. drying time is reduced by 60-70% .. I've been reading about washers/dryers for days! ugh

These better last until I die.

Sear's Outlet if anyone needs new appliances..
    16th and Walnut near the Capitol... off Broadway.. two blocks east on 16th.. big boxy building on the corner.. they have a lot of items.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

2. Default Re: Sears Outlet

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    I hate appliance shopping - they are so expensive! But, anyway, I did find a nice place to get a discount on open box/dented/scratched major appliances.

I found a washer on-line I wanted that was $500 off original price but I wanted to see it... I went to the Sears store at the mall and they had the same one in the Clearance area.. it was originally $1499.00 but now $1199.00 plus 10% off today and they had free delivery and 12 months no interest if you get a Sears' Card.. ( disclaimer, I hate retail cards.. interest rates will kill you everytime.. 26% interest rate.. !! ) But with 0 I can leave my money in my money market account, earn interest for a year and pay it off monthly that way.. anyway...

Turns out that the store didn't have a Dryer to match the Washer.. boo,hoo.. I wanted it to at least look similar.. so I went down to the Sear's Outlet on 16th and Walnut and found a brand new matching Dryer that had a miniscule scratch on the side for $699.00 + the Pedestal was $169.00 (original price was $999.00 + $229.00 for the pedestal) and the warranty was a lot less too.

They don't offer Delivery or Zero interest so I just paid for that one.. but it still saved me some money and I was able to get the Washer that was originally priced at $1499 for $1,079 + another 10% off so I am a happy camper. I never knew appliances cost so much.. I've had my old ones forever.

I really wanted the new Energy Efficient washer.. apparently this one spins at 1300 rpms and the clothes come out nearly dry.. drying time is reduced by 60-70% .. I've been reading about washers/dryers for days! ugh

These better last until I die.

16th and Walnut near the Capitol... off Broadway.. two blocks east on 16th.. big boxy building on the corner.. they have a lot of items.
    They only sound expensive. If you calcuate the cost spread over the estimated life (that washer and dryer which sounds like a Duet should have a lifespan of 10-15 years) then you are not really spending a lot. The lower end ones are the exensive ones. They cost a couple hundred or so and only last a couple of years. Spread over a 10-15 year time frame, you spend more for lower quality. So, Karried, you made a wise investment. Too bad is was not a Maytag Neptune. (could have been. One of the models looks like the Duet)

3. Default Re: Sears Outlet

I read that the Maytag Neptunes had a lot of problems and they are in a class action lawsuit.
    "Maytag Neptune Washer Lawsuit?"
    After doing all the research, we learned yesterday that there's a class-action lawsuit against Maytag for problems with the Neptune washers -- evidently they develop mold in the door gasket, the motors break, and other things go wrong."

4. Default Re: Sears Outlet

I read that the Maytag Neptunes had a lot of problems and they are in a class action lawsuit.
    "Maytag Neptune Washer Lawsuit?"
    After doing all the research, we learned yesterday that there's a class-action lawsuit against Maytag for problems with the Neptune washers -- evidently they develop mold in the door gasket, the motors break, and other things go wrong."
    (disclaimer: Did not mean to alter topic) My Neptune has ran flawlessly since 2002.

5. Default Re: Sears Outlet

Your model probably wasn't in the lawsuit then... they would have contacted you.

So, no worries..

Default Re: Sears Outlet

I remember going to that Sears Outlet (used to be a Sears) way back in the day with my dad when I was a kid (80's). Anyhow, another good place to go to is the Dent and Ding Appliance Store, they offer very deep discounts for brand new stuff that has a minor scratch or ding, most of the time you can't even notice.

Default Re: Sears Outlet

Or the stores' other function - Parts! You would be amazed at the stock they have for tools and appliance repair parts, some going back as much as 20 years.

Thread Information