Widgets Magazine
Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45909192939495
Results 2,351 to 2,368 of 2368

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

With the recent acquisition of Brown's Bakery and the Cafe do Brasil property, the Midtown Renaissance group now owns everything shown in green below:

Need them to take over Kongs and Sunset and we'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Need them to take over Kongs and Sunset and we'll be set.
    I know they have been trying to buy the Kong's building.

With the recent acquisitions by Midtown Renaissance, that one landlord now has a ton of empty retail/restaurant space in a concentrated area and it will be interesting what they do with all of it:

• Old Cafe do Brasil
    • Upstairs of Cafe do Brasil which was last a large bar
    • Old Louie's
    • Old 1492
    • Old Brown's Bakery plus side building
    • New two-level restaurant space at the east end of the Phillips Murrah complex

5. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    With the recent acquisitions by Midtown Renaissance, that one landlord now has a ton of empty retail/restaurant space in a concentrated area and it will be interesting what they do with all of it:

• Old Cafe do Brasil
    • Upstairs of Cafe do Brasil which was last a large bar
    • Old Louie's
    • Old 1492
    • Old Brown's Bakery plus side building
    • New two-level restaurant space at the east end of the Phillips Murrah complex
    Mexican Radio is coming to the Louie's spot per Midtown Renaissance.

The artist formerly known as Sunset Patio Bar will be turned into an event space, per Greg Horton:

https://x.com/winerev/status/1768050784782959017?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Mexican Radio is coming to the Louie's spot per Midtown Renaissance.
    I presumed as much, given that great patio.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    The artist formerly known as Sunset Patio Bar will be turned into an event space, per Greg Horton:

https://x.com/winerev/status/1768050784782959017?s=20
    Shyon Koeppel holds the long-term lease on the old Sunset space and is a co-owner of The Daily. He owns the building on N. May where The Daily now operates.

They are having a big two-day St. Patty's bash so I'm not sure this new rendition will be much different than a club.

9. Default Re: Midtown

The old 1492 location will be taken over by a new concept from Lori Burson of the Stella OKC team. Per Midtown Renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    The old 1492 location will be taken over by a new concept from Lori Burson of the Stella OKC team. Per Midtown Renaissance.
    with a front and south side patio added ..

11. Default Re: Midtown

Sunset was reopened and packed for St Patrick’s Day. Not sure whether were previewing a new concept or whether it was more of the same ol’ same ol’.

Edit: ah, I see where above Pete mentioned they’d be open. All I can say from driving past was that it looked like there must’ve been a Facebook post to a “fans of Sunset” page or something. It was packed. Proximity to McNellie’s probably didn’t hurt, either.

12. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    with a front and south side patio added ..
    I like the name of the building...Cool Restaurant, haha!

I drove down Walker yesterday and it looked like some work was happening in the old Louie's, and I didn't see the for lease signs up any more. Any idea what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    I drove down Walker yesterday and it looked like some work was happening in the old Louie's, and I didn't see the for lease signs up any more. Any idea what's going on?
    Mexican Radio is moving there.

It looks like the Thunder is utilizing the artist formerlly known as sunset for its road game watch parties: https://www.nba.com/thunder/playoffpatio

Whenever the Thunder hits the road for a playoff away game, join us at the Thunder Playoff Patio in Midtown before you head to your favorite watch party. Playoff Patio fun is open to fans of all ages and each away game has a different slate of activities and Thunder playoff merch. Check back soon for detailed agenda and activities.

Sign the fan wall, customize your Thunder merchandise, and enjoy local beats

For road games, I know Down to Dunk is organizing watch parties. They should announce the location soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    It looks like the Thunder is utilizing the artist formerlly known as sunset for its road game watch parties: https://www.nba.com/thunder/playoffpatio

Whenever the Thunder hits the road for a playoff away game, join us at the Thunder Playoff Patio in Midtown before you head to your favorite watch party. Playoff Patio fun is open to fans of all ages and each away game has a different slate of activities and Thunder playoff merch. Check back soon for detailed agenda and activities.

Sign the fan wall, customize your Thunder merchandise, and enjoy local beats
    Ahh yes, the same venue known for causing disturbances in Midtown is going to be good for fans of all ages...

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Ahh yes, the same venue known for causing disturbances in Midtown is going to be good for fans of all ages...
    This logic makes no sense. A late-night club/bar environment is quite different than a sports watch party. I would not blame the past disturbances on a specific location, rather on the location's previous use case.

Thread Information