Widgets Magazine
Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4085868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2364

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

^

Law offices.

The building at 9th and Harvey that houses La Fuente Prosthetics that has been undergoing renovations to add ground floor retail has a sign advertising a new cannabis dispensary as one of their first tenants.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but NewsOK is reporting that a Neighborhood Jam is opening in Midtown! It isn't an exclusive from them, so I figured it was ok to share.

https://newsok.com/article/5628937/o...ard-restaurant

Yes, I've know about this for a while but didn't have access to the plans.

HangryHippo Guest

Now if we could get something done with the EMSA lot...

So half of me likes this but the other half feels like it should be more. I was hoping for a midrise residential building (8 floors) something with shops underneath. Feel like this lot should have something impactful. IMO

nm, didn't see the article

I'll have all the images and details in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    So half of me likes this but the other half feels like it should be more. I was hoping for a midrise residential building (8 floors) something with shops underneath. Feel like this lot should have something impactful. IMO
    Yeah, I don't worry about height too much because there's so much infill still needed in OKC's core, but it does seem like 3-4 stories would be more appropriate for this fantastic location than two.

2 places in Midtown that need a crosswalk:

1)9th street Starbucks at SSM Hospital connecting the parking lot on the south side of the street with the Starbucks entrance

2) the jaywalk path between Fasslers and Kong's Tavern, this one goes thru the streetcar path.

I'm sure there are others, list them if you have noticed.

11. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Now if we could get something done with the EMSA lot...
    Seconded. Please.

12. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Yeah, I don't worry about height too much because there's so much infill still needed in OKC's core, but it does seem like 3-4 stories would be more appropriate for this fantastic location than two.
    When I went to look at the plans for Villa Teresa last year, Marva told me she had been working with the Midtown Renaissance guys to make sure the height was kept to 2 stories so as not to overwhelm the VT development or block views.

13. Default Re: Midtown

im sorry but it is this small time stuff that I absolutely HATE about OKC. She wants to stop or hault everyone elses development unless you agree not to exceed her views? I'm sorry but this is the downtown core, if she's worried about view protection then she should build taller herself instead of forcing everyone to adopt to her wishes. In most other big cities this is decided at the city government and not behind closed doors with threats of protest.

Whie I agree we shouldn't put up a highrise here, nobody is proposing that anyway. And I feel a 5 or 6 floor building is completely appropriate for that gateway corner. At this rate OKC wont see any more mid or high rises so that small time developers can retain equity in their obviously subpar/substandard work. Most other cities developers push the other to do better - I await the day that happens in OKC and we get quality designs that are appropriate for the core and within Design standards regardless of what's nearby.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Yes, seems like this city all to often favors protectionism and favoritism over competition.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    im sorry but it is this small time stuff that I absolutely HATE about OKC. She wants to stop or hault everyone elses development unless you agree not to exceed her views? I'm sorry but this is the downtown core, if she's worried about view protection then she should build taller herself instead of forcing everyone to adopt to her wishes. In most other big cities this is decided at the city government and not behind closed doors with threats of protest.

Whie I agree we shouldn't put up a highrise here, nobody is proposing that anyway. And I feel a 5 or 6 floor building is completely appropriate for that gateway corner. At this rate OKC wont see any more mid or high rises so that small time developers can retain equity in their obviously subpar/substandard work. Most other cities developers push the other to do better - I await the day that happens in OKC and we get quality designs that are appropriate for the core and within Design standards regardless of what's nearby.
    Agree. You cant expect every other property owner to satisfy your desires. And thats even more so in downtown area where you are going to have very different sizes, shapes, uses. I think I actually get a little pleasure watching someone complain about a project that might affect their views and then that project actually happens.

Hudson south of 10th is now almost complete.

Blog Entries

They still have another layer of asphalt to go. Almost bit it on a scooter last night because of the height difference in the asphalt and the lack of light.

18. Default Re: Midtown

I love the bulb-outs at the intersections (will make pedestrian crossings safer and more comfortable) but holy hell yet another missed opportunity to add cycling infrastructure. Cycle tracks could so easily have been incorporated in this design and at basically no incremental cost since they had the whole thing torn up anyway.

19. Default Re: Midtown

FYI - Spoke to the owner of Hacienda Mexican Restaurant this afternoon and he said he just signed a lease for a new location in the former Irma's location. Said he hopes to be open in just a couple of months and there are plans for an outdoor seating area similar to the one on the south side of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    FYI - Spoke to the owner of Hacienda Mexican Restaurant this afternoon and he said he just signed a lease for a new location in the former Irma's location. Said he hopes to be open in just a couple of months and there are plans for an outdoor seating area similar to the one on the south side of the building.
    La hacienda? Or hacienda tacos?

21. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    La hacienda? Or hacienda tacos?
    Hacienda Tacos (currently in Northpark Mall)

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Hacienda Tacos (currently in Northpark Mall)
    Thanks

I think it is time for OKC to take a page from "6th ST Austin" and implement weekend evening shut downs of 10th street between Harvey and the round-about @ Walker. At least for the warm season.

There is too much pedestrian traffic in this area, and with Sunset Patio Bar open now, there is regular massive lines of 40-60 people clogging up the entire sidewalk of Hudson and 10th. Collective also regularly has lines Friday and Saturday nights.

Obviously allow the streetcar through.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I think it is time for OKC to take a page from "6th ST Austin" and implement weekend evening shut downs of 10th street between Harvey and the round-about @ Walker. At least for the warm season.

There is too much pedestrian traffic in this area, and with Sunset Patio Bar open now, there is regular massive lines of 40-60 people clogging up the entire sidewalk of Hudson and 10th. Collective also regularly has lines Friday and Saturday nights.

Obviously allow the streetcar through.

I think this idea gets implemented for sure when the lots south of Fassler and west of Bleu Garten get developed.

^^^ The lot immediately south of Fassler should be left as green public space, but the lot south of that is crying for development.

Thread Information