Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

1. Smile Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

I thought I should start this.... basically I just wanted to talk about something I am excited about.

Went and took a typing test for a job I really want at OU Medical Center. I greatly exceeded the expected wpm and only made 2 mistakes out of 3 paragraphs, despite the fact that I was totally nervous. Lately, I've been feeling good about my resume and my ability to be a candidate for multiple jobs due to my variety of work experience. Although I enjoy the job I am currently holding, I really want to start my career in the health field now, I really hope I get the job I applied for, or at least one of them. If not, there is always another.

So, do you have something you feel good about you would like to discuss? Feel free to brag.

2. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

I just had a student say really nice things about me We were discussing what field I could study if/when I go back for a graduate degree. It has been suggested to me by a couple of people that I study curriculum design, and quite a few others have suggested counseling.

The students in my class felt that I would be a really good teen counselor because I am not judgmental of them, and while I am older, I have that kind of "older sister you can tell anything to" vibe and that I'm really down to earth.

Kind of a boost to a worn-out ego

Plus, my new journalism students, though they aren't the best writers, seem to really be grasping the concepts of design and are using the program well.
    Still corrupting young minds

3. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

See, I feel better reading about something good in someone else's life. Your good attitude makes me have one. Congratulations on all of the compliments and respect you have earned from your students!

4. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Congratulations to the two of you!

I'm blessed with good health and great friends and a loving family... other than that I'm having computer issues which make me grumpy but I'm not dwelling on it.. at least I have a computer on a desk in a house to be grumpy about.. and fingers to type this and eyes to see this and a voice to scream at it..

lol..you get the idea.. happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

Good luck CMSturgeon on your interview and bandnerd.. you're a great teacher, students are lucky to have you!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

My wife is 9 months pregnant and is going to have our baby any day now! Talk about exciting!

6. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

My lovely bride just informed me that we are taking a romantic mini-vacation this weekend. Totally unexpected!

Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Where to Tim?

8. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Didn't you go on a cruise last week Easy? If so, how was it?

9. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. Should be gorgeous this time of year!

10. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Luke, is it time already!!!??? Wow, that went by so quickly..

OKCPulse is having twins! ( well his wife technically) .... you'll have to let us know when the blessed event occurs! Congratulations.

Sounds good...Hope the weather treats you nicely Tim

We did...Cruised out of New Orleans so we got to hit Bourbon on Sunday night...It was pretty cool weather though, which unfortunately continued on our cruise to Mexico

Wasn't too bad, but not much sun for the wifey...Still had a great time

Thought we were missing the breakers, but I guess some of the country had spring break that week....Pretty fun stuff watching them drink themselves into oblivion...Saw several being hauled back in wheelchairs to the boat...Not injured just too drunk to walk!

Thanks for asking!

12. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

I was wondering how the weather treated you... did you enjoy New Orleans? Glad you made it home safe and sound..

I always have Post Partum Cruise Depression.. they have to peel me off the ship, I don't go without a fight.. I'm holding onto the railings kicking and screaming all the while.

I've found the only remedy is to book another one right away, lol

We did karried...Had a bad experience at Bourbon House rest. as our waitress made it known she didn't want to wait on our table...Was the biggest b**ch waitress we have ever ran across...Guess she was having a bad night or something

Bourbon st was pretty busy for a sunday, but it wasn't as crowded as I remembered it...Hit Cafe Dumonde for beignets and coffee twice...Those artery cloggers are fantastic!

Had a great time....Just great to get away

14. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My wife is 9 months pregnant and is going to have our baby any day now! Talk about exciting!
    The rest of your life will begin soon, haha! Hope all goes well, Luke.
    Continue the Renaissance

Keith Guest

Luke and okcpulse.......congrats to both of you. This will be one of the most wonderful joys of your life. Babies are such a blessing and a gift from God.

CMSturgeon...Best of luck on getting the job. It sounds like you totally exceeded the expectations of the typing test. We will all keep our fingers and toes crossed for us. Keep us informed....and thanks for starting this thread.

Last Friday, I received my perfomance evaluation from my supervisor. When you work for the City, you receive these once a year. If you score high enough on your evaluation, then you are guaranteed a one step raise.

Anyway, this is my 16th year with the City, and I received the highest rating that anyone has ever received in our office. Unfortunately, I am topped out, so I will not get a raise in pay, however, the high evaluation made me one happy person. When my boss is out of the office, I am in charge of the other 15 employees. I received very high marks in the area of "acting" supervisor.

I also do lots of research for legal claims, and am assigned many special projects. In every area of the evaluation, I either scored a very high 5 or a 6 (1 is the lowest, and 6 is exceptional). Last Friday, we also hired a new person in our office, and I am the one responsible for training her.

Yes, God has truly blessed me with a wonderful job, and a great supervisor.

16. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Keith, congrats on your great position, it sounds like you deserve it! Thanks for your warm wishes as well. Oh, another good thing I've got: our daughter is getting near the age where we can make her do stuff for us. lol. Just thought of it when my hubby asked her to throw something away because she was walking into the kitchen. That amuses me for some reason.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    Keith, congrats on your great position, it sounds like you deserve it! Thanks for your warm wishes as well. Oh, another good thing I've got: our daughter is getting near the age where we can make her do stuff for us. lol. Just thought of it when my hubby asked her to throw something away because she was walking into the kitchen. That amuses me for some reason.
    Do you remember when you first got your drivers license and could not wait to drive everywhere? That's how I was when I turned 16. I would be sitting in the house and my dad or mom would ask me to run to the store and pick something up. Man, did I feel important.

I tried that on my son when he turned 16. It didn't last long. He was happy to do it a few times, but the "happiness" wore off. He is 19 now, and I don't dare ask him to go to the store for me...gee, the older they get, the less they want to do for mom and dad.

18. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Yeah... she's only 4. Hahahahaha.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    Yeah... she's only 4. Hahahahaha.
    Wanna trade??? J/k

I got a full time job; prayers are answered as this is just the kind of work I was looking for. I'm looking foward to starting this position soon. And Keith, congrats on receivng a superior evaluation with OKC.

21. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Wait, I win. I have a glass of wine haha.
    Still corrupting young minds

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aintaokie View Post
    I got a full time job; prayers are answered as this is just the kind of work I was looking for. I'm looking foward to starting this position soon. And Keith, congrats on receivng a superior evaluation with OKC.
    And just for the record......aintaokie's new full time job will be in our office. I will be training him next. Congrats, aintaokie, on getting the job. I look forward to working with you.

23. Default Re: Talk about anything good you have going on in your life, no matter the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Wait, I win. I have a glass of wine haha.
    I was going to (jokingly) call you an alcoholic, but I don't want to get in trouble again for calling people names. Thanks to... Karried..... I think it was, for understanding the whore joke by the way. lol.

My youngest daughter got "Soldier of the Month" at Ft Sill and she's re-enlisting today. She asked that the re-enlistment ceremony be today, on my birthday, to honor me.

My almost two year old grandson said "I wuv ooh, Gigi"

I got Sims 2 - Seasons! 2 copies! lol

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    My youngest daughter got "Soldier of the Month" at Ft Sill and she's re-enlisting today. She asked that the re-enlistment ceremony be today, on my birthday, to honor me.

My almost two year old grandson said "I wuv ooh, Gigi"

I got Sims 2 - Seasons! 2 copies! lol
    You must be on cloud 9. Outstanding news about your daughter, and......to have the re-enlistment ceremony on your birthday, what an honor. Then to have your grandson say he loves you.........ain't life great?

Thread Information