Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

Default Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

Since there are several threads on radio...what is everyone's opinion on the best/worst radio shows in OKC?

Lately I have been listening to BOB in the morning and loving it (as stated in previous threads). I think the KJ morning show is a stinker. What does everyone else think?

2. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

The worst? It is a tie between every locally based radio show in the city.

The best "Dr. Laura."

Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

I didn't set up this thread to "Trash" local radio. It may not be the best in the country but it's all we have...

4. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy's Big Toe View Post
    I didn't set up this thread to "Trash" local radio. It may not be the best in the country but it's all we have...
    Excuse me, sir. You asked a question and I answered it. If you do not want a thread to be critical, then you need to advise that.

Keep in mind. There is this piece of work that was enacted over 200 years ago that you might learn from. It is called the United States Constitution and the bill of rights. Pay particular attention to the first amendment of that bill of rights.

5. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

Just ignore the ex-Dog Catcher.

I surf most mornings between KTOK 1000AM and 98.9 KissFM. More of a habit than good taste.

Mostly listen to XM in the mornings, but sometimes listen to Joey and Heather when I'm getting ready for work

Worst would be on any country station

7. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

I usually listen to Rick & Brad in the morning. The things they discuss are usually amusing enough for me to enjoy on the ride to work or class. One station I do dislike quite much in the morning is 94.7. Can't remember the names of the guys on the show but I hate their attitudes. They remind me of the immature guys you went to junior high and high school with the made fun of people no matter what. The one time I listened to the show the guy was threatening to fire a coworker if he didn't let him call his grand parents and tell him something bad about him. Something along the lines of that anyway, it was many months ago. My coworker also dislikes the show and doesn't believe that it's on the air when so many kids are listening to the radio in the morning. She banned the morning show from her car while taking the kids to school. And I understand that people can be too sensitive but that's not the deal. I mean, sometimes making fun of people can be down right funny, lol. But, the things they discuss are pointless.

1520 KOKC the best baby....

Does anyone else think that the "Rick & Brad" show is more interesting as the "Brad" show. Nothing against Rick he certainly adds a lot from time to time. It's just a more cerebral show with Brad. I should mention that I was an avid listener to his am930 show. I also miss Audra but not enough to suffer through the morning animals.

10. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

XM - no ridiculous small-town banter.
    Local stations - KOKC for Jerry Doyle in the afternoon. No music stations. With XM, I have no reason to listen to the mindless schlock.

-------------------------------

Does anyone else think that the "Rick & Brad" show is more interesting as the "Brad" show
    I've always thought that. Years ago when Rick was parterned with a female (don't recall her name) I really liked him. Brad had his own show at that time also. I always would listen to Brad but wasn't too upset if I missed Ricks show.
    Brad seems so smart and comes up with many insightful comments.
    Although now I listen to the Morning Animals.
    Last edited by soonerfaithful; 03-01-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: add a sentence

12. Default Re: Best/Worst Radio show in OKC

I miss listening to local radio, because I like to hear about the hometown news and events. But so many of the morning shows are completely inappropriate for children to listen to!!! We end up listening to KOMA, NPR, or sometimes Bob FM.

Hubby's car has Sirius satellite radio, which I originally thought was stupid, but am now addicted to. I miss it when i drive my car! Very few commercials and I can pick any exotic genre i am in the mood for... like bluegrass!

Jack and Ron -- no matter what station, no matter what time slot. They were the worst then, they are the worst now, and they will be the worst forever (literallly -- once those radio signals leave the atmosphere, they propagate though space until the end of time).

The Buzz, Lex and Terry.

I know that they are a syndicate but to me they are still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSturgeon View Post
    One station I do dislike quite much in the morning is 94.7. Can't remember the names of the guys on the show but I hate their attitudes. They remind me of the immature guys you went to junior high and high school with the made fun of people no matter what.
    Lex and Terry. I can't stand them either! Worst part is they are piped in from Dallas. Before them, 94.7 had a great morning show called the Mo Radio Show. The guy was local, and man would he go off on rants and tell people the way it was. But at the same time he was a good guy and did things out in the community. For example he organized a huge counter-protest against the anti-war group from Kansas that came here and tried to protest during a funeral of a military man who was killed in battle. Eventually 94.7 found some dumb excuse to give him the axe, I think it was because they said his show was too racy even though they replaced him with the two guys from Dallas who routinely talk about all things sexual every morning. Truth be told I think Mo scared the station because he would go after sponsors, city officials or whoever attacking their ridiculous BS. It was great.

I usually listen to KGOU/NPR in the mornings, or satellite radio.

On satellite I listen to BBC World News. Those folks are amazing -- it's great to hear a newscast that is written at higher than an 8th grade level and dishes out the facts with no BS. The British know what they are doing in that arena.

Thread Information