Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pond behind Chili's?

Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

Quote Originally Posted by dekoung
    ddavidson, what is your source on it being a laredos and what is laredos?
    he's joking! laredo's is a tex-mex restaurant on n. classen that is taking forever to complete... just like this restaurant... hence the joke.

-M

Would be the pefect location/setting for a Blues Club/Restaurant

Any updates? I live on the east side now so I have not been by lately.

4. Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

As far as I know, it's been sitting there for a while now. Haven't seen any more progress since last winter-ish.

How many more years do you guys think it'll be before this thing is finished? Four? Five? Lol!

Still haven't seen any recent work. Wonder if the money has run out.

But the Interurban is open. Has anyone here been?

I had dinner at the InterUrban last night. The building is very modern in design; lots of perpendicular lines and an "open" ceiling. There is no drop-panel roof. Instead, all of the beams, duct-work, and other support structures are exposed. They are painted dark brown or black, but they are clearly visible.
    The menu is similar to, or the same as, the IU on I-240. I did not like my one and only visit to that location a few months ago. The food was not hot, and my dish (the Aurora Pasta, with pepperoni) sounded interesting from the menu but was really quite awful on the plate.
    This time I had the Cajun pasta. It's bowtie pasta with shrimp and a mildly-spicy cream sauce. It was not bad; the pasta was not overcooked and the sauce was creamy. It was a bit overpowering to the seafood, though.
    If I have a real complaint, it is with the Caesar Salad. Although the Romaine lettuce was crisp, the dressing was extremely acidic. Worse yet, the Parmesan cheese that was sprinkled on top was granular. That means it came out of a cannister, possibly the familiar green one that needs no refrigeration. Real Parmesan cheese doesn't look like that or taste like that. It's a crying shame that they took such a cheap short-cut to get the salad out the kitchen door quickly.
    Stick with the house salad and a dressing of your choice.

I went to the interurban on Memorial a couple years back when it opened. I remember being somewhat impressed by the architecture, but the menu just seemed like another generic burger/pasta/family food joint. In my opinion, this genre of restaurants is WAY overpopulated. Not that the food isn't good. Just that we have way more than we need. . . just some 2cents

I drove by today. "Wayne's Waterside Grill" still does not have a finished roof, but there were a few people working inside. I assume they were getting paid, so there must be money somewhere. No idea when the place will open.

There is a boat dock for three smal boats on the north side of the pond and a flag staff with racing flags on it. There is a docking port for a boat on the west side of the restaurant. One day I saw a boat with a canopy on top docked at the restaurant.

I'm no builder but why is work being done inside when the outside is not finished? And where is the parking for this place and how do people get down to the boat dock if the intent is to ferry them to the restaurant? So many questions.

I like "Wayne's World" as a nickname too.

10. Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

I drove by today and the white mercedes was backed up to the building like somebody was loading stuff into the trunk?

Also i just notice all the flags and mini beach today. seems strange they would set that up before finishing the building.

Wayne does not have a white Mercedes as far as I know. So wonder who that is?

12. Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

Drove by tonight and the black mercedes was pulled up to the building and the lights were on inside.

Wow... Gotta love some of the posters on here!!! Laredo's reference was great... Only took them 3+ years to get their restaurant open on Classen... and to the Hooters reference, I can only hope so!!! The last one in Norman didn't take... Burger King can now enjoy their large space thanks to Hooters...

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    Wow... Gotta love some of the posters on here!!! Laredo's reference was great... Only took them 3+ years to get their restaurant open on Classen... and to the Hooters reference, I can only hope so!!! The last one in Norman didn't take... Burger King can now enjoy their large space thanks to Hooters...
    Shoney's was the original occupant for the Burger King. The Hooters on 240 was also a Shoney's. The other Shoney's locations are the First Fidelity Bank just east of Hertz on NW Expressway and The dental clinic just east of I-40 and Meridian.

I have been told by Managment from Chili's that that will be an resteraunt but the owner is funding the project BY HIMSELF and the builders are just his friends. That is why it is taking so long. Doesn't matter anyways they need stuff like that on the south side of town first.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Shoney's was the original occupant for the Burger King. The Hooters on 240 was also a Shoney's. The other Shoney's locations are the First Fidelity Bank just east of Hertz on NW Expressway and The dental clinic just east of I-40 and Meridian.
    when was the burger king a shoney's .... it was a hooters for the entire early 90's until 97 i think ..

17. Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

I drove by this weekend and there was scafolding with a blue tarp over one corner? are they finishing up the outside of the building maybe?

The city has allowed this eyesore to continue to long. Condemnation proceedings should commence to see that a solvent entity is constructed. Ms. Mayor????????????

What's the latest with this ridiculous place? I haven't been by it since last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by iMAX386 View Post
    What's the latest with this ridiculous place? I haven't been by it since last summer.
    There's been progress ... at a raging glacial speed perhaps, but progress all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    There's been progress ... at a raging glacial speed perhaps, but progress all the same.
    Indeed so. I enjoyed a late lunch at BJ's yesterday and noticed that progress. It is surely an interesting project if nothing else.

Well, one thing more is pretty obvious that is the cost.

22. Default Re: Pond behind Chili's?

Every time i drive by i wonder why they put those flags out when they did. they all now look terribly weathered. If the guy runs the restaurant like he does the construction site this place is going to fail horribly.

This thread is more than 4 years old. I don't know the area that is being discussed but it must be glacial progress. The Devon will have taken less than half of that, I think.

From 03-09-2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I'm thinking opening night at the new place will make a nice tie in for my granddaughter's sweet 16 party. then again, she's already two months old, so that may be overly optimistic on my part
    Shes now 3 years and two months. At the current pace, I'm thinking I probably ought to make a backup plan, just to be safe.
    <VBG>

^Haha that's awesome.^

Is this place just a figment of our imaginations? Has anyone been up close to touch it to make sure we're not just seeing things?

Thread Information