Widgets Magazine

Thread: One more stop on memory lane....

Default One more stop on memory lane....

Years and years ago, on I-240 somewhere near Crystal's was a BBQ place. I remember you would go in the door and there was a wooden partition and a long hallway (and I think opaque glass), and at the end of it you could pick up a tray and they served BBQ to you cafeteria style. I think the place had lots of booths once you got into it, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying to remember the name of this place. Was it Underwoods or was that another place?

2. Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    Years and years ago, on I-240 somewhere near Crystal's was a BBQ place. I remember you would go in the door and there was a wooden partition and a long hallway (and I think opaque glass), and at the end of it you could pick up a tray and they served BBQ to you cafeteria style. I think the place had lots of booths once you got into it, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying to remember the name of this place. Was it Underwoods or was that another place?
    Underwoods sounds like it. I was raised about four blocks from the Southern Hills shopping center where Crystals was. One of the first tenants may have been Underwoods. They had three or more locations. One on SW 59, next door to Hillcrest Christian Church, and another on N Pennsylvania near NW 30.

3. Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

MrAnderson, Since you grew up around there, do you remember (and I'm not sure how to spell this) Bayless's BarBQ? I can't remember what street it was on - maybe Walker or Robinson?

---------------------

4. Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

Quote Originally Posted by writerranger View Post
    MrAnderson, Since you grew up around there, do you remember (and I'm not sure how to spell this) Bayless's BarBQ? I can't remember what street it was on - maybe Walker or Robinson?

---------------------
    Although my dad's office was near there, no, I do not remember that one.

5. Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

There was a BBQ place called Cinders which meets the location description: it was built on the pad of the old Sirloin Stockade, about which the less said the better.

6. Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    There was a BBQ place called Cinders which meets the location description: it was built on the pad of the old Sirloin Stockade, about which the less said the better.
    It was actually the old Sirloin Stockade building. There were too many memories of the stockade slayings, so, they never made it and the building was eventually demolished.

Default Re: One more stop on memory lane....

after they demo'd the building, wasn't there a burger place called longnecker's that was built on that pad? -M

Thread Information