Widgets Magazine

Thread: Town Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Town Center

everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling

Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling
    you are throwing around this $20 price..... I know at Pass Your Plate you can make meals for about $3 a serving. It's hard to meet that price doing it yourself. And many people wouldn't make things like Chicken Roulades, Baked Swiss Steak, Asian Pork Chops, and Roasted Chicken Chimichangas, just to name a few. By the time you buy all the things you need for that you run up your costs, but since they buy in bulk and you only use what you need it's actually cheaper in the long run in some cases.

Not to mention that I know exactly what my time is worth. So I could easily justify and make up the extra cost (if any) by utilizing my time better than prepping dinner and then cleaning up the kitchen every night. That doesn't make me lazy, it makes me smart and possibly more fiscally responsible than the alternative..... Or allows me an extra 2 hours of quality time a day with my family. What is that worth? But everybody's situation is different. It certainly doesn't make someone lazy just because they use this service, and sometimes it means they are doing something smarter and less expensive.

As a side note, I do not use this service.... but to say that it symbolizes laziness and obesity is completely false.

3. Default Re: Town Center

AMEN there.

Like I said, you can get things chopped up alrady at the grocery store.

You wouldn't have seen something like this 10 years ago. There isn't anything there that you can't already get at the grocery store. Crap, they even give you the recipes at the store. And you can make it for FAR less than what these guys charge.

Thread Information