Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Town Center

1. Default Re: Town Center

Yes, that's the location. I also saw the other day that something is going in next to Lowe's. Any idea....crossing fingers for the Books a Million.

Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yes, that's the location. I also saw the other day that something is going in next to Lowe's. Any idea....crossing fingers for the Books a Million.
    Not sure which is going where, but one store is a Best Buy, one the Penney's and one is a women's dress store of some kind.

According to a friend I have on the planning commission, no bookstore, yet.

3. Default Re: Town Center

So the one to the west of Best Buy is more women's clothing?? What a waste of space since there are now going to be clothing stores all across the back of the center. That's a crock....we need that freaking book store dangit.

They finally put up the sign at the building that is going to be in front of Best Buy. Logan's Roadhouse. Isn't that a steak place? I've heard of it but never been to one.

If you have been to a Santa Fe Cattle Company or a Texas Roadhouse, you've been to a Logan's. There's not much difference in the three if you ask me.

There used to be a Logan's in Edmond. Nothing too special- it was virtually the same as a Santa Fe Cattle Co.

they use to be here a few years ago then switched to santa fe steakhouse, they are pretty much the same thing

We eat at Santa Fe alot - the food is good, as is the service. I asked the manager recently if he thought Logan's would hurt his business. He said he didn't think so, as "the customer demographics were different".

I think two steakhouses within 1/4 mile is a bit overkill, but who knows?

9. Default Re: Town Center

As I understood it, Logan's is supposed to be nicer....no peanuts on the floor and a little pricier.

Anyway, still trying to find out what is going in next to Lowes.

Logan's is the exact same concept as Santa Fe. The old Santa Fe on Meridian (The old site of Molly Murphy's) was originally built as a Logan's Roadhouse.

I have ate at Logan's often when I lived in Baton Rouge. It is the exact same animal as Santa Fe. The only difference is they have better menu selection and the steaks are better.

Logan's Roadhouse

there is a panda express opening in july somewhere in town center

This cracks me up. Of course there are peanuts on the floor at Logans. And it's not "pricey". You can get a steak for 10 bucks. I live in Ft. Worth, so I go to the one in Hurst all the time. I like it better than Texas Roadhouse though, it's not as much of a 'party atmosphere'.

peanuts on the floor are fine ... peanuts help keep your shoes up and out of the mix of spilled soda tea and beer.

14. Default Re: Town Center

I went to the new Best Buy yesterday. I have to say that I was saddened to see that it's one of the smaller stores. It's the same size as the one on N. May. They haven't had time to weed out all the idiot employees in the PC department yet. WOW...now there are some people that need training.

For some reason, they really cut back on the movie selection though too. I was especially sad to not see the bins of bargin movies. I can usually find a lot of old movies that have been converted to DVD in there. I went to Target down the road and found "The Day the Earth Stood Still", which is the type of thing I usually find at the 240 Best Buy.

Anyway, I'm glad to see it there though....i see much cash being spent there.

Also, if you get the MWC Sun, then you saw Penny's will be opening in July and Petsmart and a bunch of other places will open soon. I can't remember all the names, but I remember one being a cosmetics store and some other big name place. Also Chick-Fil-A is at least officially announced now.

15. Default Re: Town Center

I've noticed that the Best Buy by Quail Springs is like half the size of the one at 63rd, and has like half the movie selection.

Are you saying that the one at 63rd and May is a small version?

16. Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I've noticed that the Best Buy by Quail Springs is like half the size of the one at 63rd, and has like half the movie selection.

Are you saying that the one at 63rd and May is a small version?
    Compared to the Crossroads location? I think so.

I'm still waiting for one of their "Magnolia" stores to open.

And people go to Best Buy with PC questions?

17. Default Re: Town Center

Yes, I consider the one on May a small location....im spoiled and used to the 240 location

I'm also waiting for the magnificent new Magnolia store!!! I head Memorial road for the OKC location.

Well the staff was energetic...introduced themselves (albeit like a used car salesman...asking the customer name and shaking hands and junk). Personally, I didn't have any questions since computers are what I do for a living, but I have a friend that spent a very frustrating hour with 5 different salesmen trying to find out how much memory was built on the laptop video cards. Most didn't even know what that was!!!

Default Town Center- update next to Lowe's!

It's a PetSmart - the sign is finally up.
    Shows opening in Fall 2007.

The Penney's looks like it should open soon - I noticed activity in and around.

If it would only stop raining, I could go walk around and explore

I think JcPenney is shooting for a mid July opening on both of the new stores. Just in time for the back to school season.

20. Default Re: Town Center

Yes Penny's is opening in July...they asked for the MCHS band to play at the opening...since school is out, we are going to send the drumline up there since they've been practicing all summer anyway. It's weird...not sure how exciting it will be.

21. Default Re: Town Center

Yes, I consider the one on May a small location....im spoiled and used to the 240 location

I'm also waiting for the magnificent new Magnolia store!!! I head Memorial road for the OKC location.

I was told Yukon.

WTF?

22. Default Re: Town Center

I've never heard Yukon from anyone on that.....and Yukon would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for that store. Memorial is right in the middle of the folks that would frequent the place, while Yukon is a pretty good trek for everyone not in Yukon.

Remember these places are going to have procucts that start in the high end of the price range that BB currently has. We're talking intense home theaters, brands of TV's you don't see right now, etc.

Yukon...uh no.

23. Default Re: Town Center

That's what I was thinking. YUKON?

But it was a manager-type in the N. May store that told me. SO...He's a BB employee...They don't normally know WTF they're talking about.

24. Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    They don't normally know WTF they're talking about.
    Yeah no kidding. Not to mention that I'd get better help from the carpet than from the people that work there. I'm sorry, but the kids that work there don't know anything about anything. The TV folks are usually pretty good, but the PC, cameras, etc.....please.

Any idea on what day Penney's will open? Each day I go by there on my way to work. With all the employees coming and going it shouldn't be much longer I hope.

Thread Information