Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 504 N. Broadway

1. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Turanacus View Post
    I ate at Red Prime. I don't think I like food enough to spend that much money again on a meal.
    But did you LIKE it?

Some of us do like food enough to spend that on a meal. Hell, I pay more than that for a lot dumber things. I've gone into Candyopolis and dropped $20 on 3 flavors of Jelly Bellies (totally worth it by the way) and don't get me started on what I spend on material things to entertain myself with

I'm really looking forward to eating there...Not sure why I haven't.

Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Red Prime is fantastic.

Make sure to get the sweet potato chips with the chipotle mayonaise.

FYI... A little downtowner tip for those wanting to go to Red Prime on a budget. Every weekday Mon-Fri they have Happy Hour from 4:30-7pm in the bar/front area. They have a short menu of appetizers that are regularly $8-$15 for $3 a piece and a person is limited to like 3 a piece. Also as always complimentary bar food as Taggart mentioned are the bottomless sweet potato chips with chipotle mayonaise (addictive). I think certain domestic beers are $2 (I'm not a drinker so not sure which ones). The Happy Hour food is a great way to sample several items on a budget, and then save the steaks for special occasions!

After deciding to just now go to their website for the first time in months, I confirmed this info online and here is the happy hour menu:

http://www.redprimesteak.com/media/Happy-Hour-Menu.pdf
    Last edited by metro; 05-08-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added menu

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    FYI... A little downtowner tip for those wanting to go to Red Prime on a budget.

They also have a prix fixe menu thats a pretty good deal on Sunday evenings. Soup, 7 oz filet and dessert for 30 bucks isn't bad. Its not on their website, but they sent a mailer out to downtown residents a little while ago.

That said, I'm sort of worried about Red. The first time I went, I thought it was fantastic. I remember thinking (and posting) that it was the best steak I had had to date. Since then, I've been back four times. I think I have enjoyed the food less and less, and by last night I thought it was good (but by no means great). I'm thoroughly impressed with all of Good Egg's offerings, and the service at Red Prime is still top notch. Perhaps I'm numbing to it, and the change is all in my head... Anyone else had a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    FYI... A little downtowner tip for those wanting to go to Red Prime on a budget. Every weekday Mon-Fri they have Happy Hour from 4:30-7pm in the bar/front area. They have a short menu of appetizers that are regularly $8-$15 for $3 a piece and a person is limited to like 3 a piece. Also as always complimentary bar food as Taggart mentioned are the bottomless sweet potato chips with chipotle mayonaise (addictive). I think certain domestic beers are $2 (I'm not a drinker so not sure which ones). The Happy Hour food is a great way to sample several items on a budget, and then save the steaks for special occasions!

After deciding to just now go to their website for the first time in months, I confirmed this info online and here is the happy hour menu:

http://www.redprimesteak.com/media/Happy-Hour-Menu.pdf
    Happy hour food at Red Prime is great, and makes a great meal if you're not looking for a big steak dinner. I almost prefer it to that overstuffed feeling you get after a regular meal at any of the good steakhouses.

I agree with that. The best meal I had at Red Prime was sitting at the bar and eating the sides. (And drinking one too many white cosmos)

I went with two friends last night to Red for my second visit. The food and service were top notch. I took advantage of the downtown Sunday discount ($29 for a three-course meal on Sundays in July and August). I had a wonderful salad, the 7 oz. filet and red velvet cupcakes. The meal also came with green beans and mashed potatoes. I wasn't expecting sides at all, since the normal menu is ala carte. Just for comparison sake, the 7 oz. filet by itself is normally $29, according to the menu, so getting all of the extras is definitely a bargain. I will say I consumed two of their specialty martinis, so my tab wasn't quite as cheap as I had planned, but I did enjoy the vodka

(Also, FYI, regarding the $29 three-course meal... If steak isn't your thing, you can get their fried chicken, tilapia or pork instead of the filet. Also, we could choose between the salad and French Onion soup and for dessert we chose between strawberry shortcake and the cupcakes.)

8. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

nice to see Red have some lower cost options. We need to make sure everyone "can" afford to visit our fine establishments. Plus, having this will allow people to connect Red PrimeSteak as OKC's top local steakhouse.

Im sure they will survive Ipecan, especially now that OKC is major-league; we actually need way more of these top establishments (and we need em downtown to be exact).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

i was there sunday as well and the new 3 course meal is a very very good deal

Default Re: 504 N. Broadway

This is the oldest "latest post" thread in this category. Posting here just for fun. :-)

It's pretty cool to think this place was a pioneer in that area and has just been successfully humming along for over a decade.

Red Prime is still one of my favorites

Thread Information