Latest News

Enter latest news here.
    Milestones

Links

Gallery

Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Here is the link to the original thread on this topic:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...tomobile+alley

As you can see they said a spring opening. Spring doesn't start until the end of March so I suspect it will be March or April at the earliest. Doubt it will happen in February.

Glad to hear some updates!!! Much appreciated Steve L. keep us up to date on downtown developments. They should let you do 3-4 updates each day.

Eatery to bask in red glow
    Historic site to house upscale restaurant

By Steve Lackmeyer
    Business Writer

The lights on Broadway soon will be red in a building that housed one of Oklahoma City's earliest automobile dealerships.
    Renovation has begun and a June opening is scheduled for the Red Prime Steakhouse. It will be the first upscale eatery to open along downtown Oklahoma City's Automobile Alley.

The Buick Building, built in 1911 at 504 N Broadway, has been empty for more than a decade. Once complete, the renovated landmark, designed by building owner and architect Rand Elliott, will reflect the new eatery's name, with emphasis on "red.”

Designs unveiled by Elliott and restaurant operators Keith and Heather Paul show the restaurant will be bathed in a red neon glow, provided by 100 light fixtures hung from cables along the ceiling and walls.

"It's red, like the people of Oklahoma, red like the dirt of Oklahoma — red meat, red wine,” Keith Paul said. "The steaks will be the focus. But we're not just looking at doing prime beef, but also having a dry-aged product or two, and some Kobe items — not the ones people are used to. We may also have some grass-fed steaks. It will be a fun menu.”

Elliott said preparations for the restaurant started six months ago, and it is a team effort involving himself and his wife, Jeanette, who is a creative director with Ackerman McQueen; developer Chuck Ainsworth; and the Pauls, who also own Cheever's Cafe and Iron Star Urban BBQ.

For a hint of the red neon at the new eatery, Elliott recommends visiting Cheever's which also has similar lighting.

Elliott, whose portfolio includes the Chesapeake Boathouse, promises the Red Prime Steakhouse will be both a culinary and sensory treat for patrons.

"As a guest, you arrive through the historic doors, you're received and you come around the corner where there is a 38-foot-wide, 16-foot-high wine wall,” Elliott said. "We're very excited about this. Keith and Heather will be displaying about 300 varieties of wine.”

The wall will be transparent, with a rolling ladder attached for a steward to pull out bottles from the top row.

Customers will be greeted through what Elliott calls the "procession of the space” — a central avenue of the restaurant with a focus on the food.

"You will walk by, see Keith in the exhibition kitchen, and there will be excitement in the preparation of the food, the quality and the experience,” Elliott said.

A half dozen 8-foot-tall circular booths will serve as private dining areas throughout the restaurant.

The booths were requested by the Pauls to accommodate private parties, and were inspired by a large automotive turntable in the rear of the building.

"What we did was to make it a special dining room for eight,” Elliott said. "It will be above the ground, so you can see the turntable underneath it.”

With the 18-foot-high ceiling, the designers also had to pay special attention to acoustics, Jeanette Elliott said.

"You want the energy and totality of it, but you also want the ability to have some privacy,” she said.

Free parking will surround the restaurant, which also will provide valet service nightly. The Pauls anticipate the market for their restaurant will quickly evolve as residents buy condominiums being constructed one block east in the Flat Iron district and in Deep Deuce.

"It might bring in a younger crowd than we originally thought — maybe early 30s, late 20s,” Keith Paul said. "But I think all of this will result in nothing but positive things for us.”

can't wait till this place opens up! they've got a site online at RED Prime Steak

-M

Looks very classy, but with their description of superpremium beef

My wallet is already clenching up

Should be a good place to go when I'm in trouble with the Mrs

I'm very excited about this project.

I love Cheevers and this should be even better.

The setting should provide for a very unique atmosphere.

7. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Im hoping this will be open in time for the Arts Festival.

I will be visiting the city and would LOVE to go to THE SPOT in OKC. Cattlemen's is a joke now - it was terrible!!! I was so embarrassed.

Hopefully Red Prime will be just that - even get listed in the top 10 steakhouse list posted in the Airline Travel books.

And hopefully it will be open for my visit, so I can patrononize it.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

8. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Thanks Metro. My wife may disagree on your expectations on story production.
    -Steve

9. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

I dunno...if I keep making steaks like I did tonight, we may never leave here to go to a steakhouse!

2 ribeyes (cook according to your standards)
    4 shallots, sauteed then simmered with 1 cup beef broth, stir in 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard in

Pour sauce over steaks.

Hubby said it was better than Paseo Grill's steak...and I don't even have a grill! Everything was done on a cast-iron skillet, my grill away from grill.

Sorry, just had to put the plug in for my own good home-cookin'
    Still corrupting young minds

10. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

^ Open a local restaurant in MidTown or near OCU.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    ^ Open a local restaurant in MidTown or near OCU.
    I can see the sign now

MidNerd's Bar and Grill

12. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

This is the kind of place we could see in the Zagat.

Everything A.G.E touches is good! Iron Starr, Cheevers, Red Prime should be no different... can't wait. When can I make a reservation???

Drove by today. Looks like quite a bit of work has been done on the interior. It is going to be uber nice. I took some pics. I posted one in my gallery and will post the rest tomorrow. I also drove around downtown and took photos:

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showg...500&ppuser=204

Anyone seen how this place is coming along...Wondering if they are still on track for a June opening

Have $200 burning a hole in my pocket

16. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I can see the sign now

MidNerd's Bar and Grill
    Wow, I had never seen this. Awesome name for a place, Easy Maybe I should drop this teaching gig and become a restauranteur (sp?)
    Still corrupting young minds

I drove by today and peeked in as I was driving. There were at least a dozen workers all over this place inside and out. It looks to be coming along nicely.

Yeah I strongly think this place will open on time. They have no outside construction to do and have been working hard on the inside.

So far, so good...still looking at a June opening. I will pass on any new info in the future. Thanks for all of the great comments and discussion - very exciting!!

RED Prime Steak Downtown Oklahoma City Gourmet Restaurant Dining Near Bricktown Fine Wines Steakhouse

so, are we looking at first of june, middle of june last of june? i need to know when i can make reservations!

-M

right now...end of June. Well worth the wait, I promise.

by the look of things on the site, i'm sure it will be worth it. can't wait and good luck! -M

Oh boy, is this going to be good:

Owners: Red Prime Steak to have management ‘Dream Team’

by Kelley Chambers
    The Journal Record
    6/4/2007

OKLAHOMA CITY – Keith and Heather Paul know how to run a restaurant – two in fact.

They also knew how to assemble the right partners for a new concept steakhouse they plan to open next month on Automobile Alley.

But the right location, partners and food can amount to nothing without the right staff and management.

Fortunately for the Pauls, they have assembled what they referred to as a “Dream Team” of seasoned restaurant hands to make their concept Red Prime Steak, at 504 N. Broadway Ave., a reality.

The Pauls have hired Gary Sander as general manager, Henri Bailey for daily restaurant management and private party bookings, Robert Black as executive chef, Marcus Johnson as sous chef and Ian Clarke as director of wine and spirits.

The team brings decades of restaurant experience to the project, but Keith Paul said it took more than a year of planning to assemble the team.

“The labor pool for the top-quality people in Oklahoma City is pretty slim,” he said. “A lot of the good people are already taken. We did a search for about a year and a half and went out and got the exact people we wanted.”

Sander, who has 20 years of restaurant experience at the Metro Wine Bar and most recently Soleil in the Colcord Hotel, said he is excited to be a part of the growing downtown restaurant community.

“When I heard Keith and Heather were doing something and then with Robert Black as the executive chef I just knew it was the right mix,” he said. “All of the elements were correct.”

Among working and training at other high-end restaurants around Oklahoma City, Bailey, Black and Johnson are currently working at one of the Pauls’ other restaurants, Cheever’s Cafe.

Clarke has many years of wine experience in Oklahoma and in New York City and will oversee a wine collection of more than 300 wines.

Paul said the team is just the latest edition to his hand-picked management staffs at Red, Cheever’s and the couple’s other restaurant, Iron Starr Urban BBQ. Red is scheduled to open in July.

“This just puts the final peg in the equation for us as far as where our managers are for every store,” he said. “Now we feel like we’re complete as far as leadership goes for all three restaurants.”

24. Default Re: Red Prime Steakhouse

Doesn't sound like good news for Soleil.

Soliel will be just fine.

As more restaurants start to pop up in the Downtown area, the better the existing ones should do...As long as they are already consistent and doing a good job. I think some downtown restaurants face more of a traffic issue than a freindly competition problem.

We do think that Red Primesteak has an advantage with "Dream Team" that has been assembled. We plan on working out the "kinks" 2-3 days BEFORE opening date.

Check out the new Red PrimeSteak billboard on 6th Street, just east of Broadway!!

Thread Information