Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Brewery

Lord Helmet Guest

Default Re: Bricktown Brewery Sold for $1.2M

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    While you are at it check out Snooze in Denver.
    www.snoozeeatery.com
    One of our favorite breakfast places...though the wait is always at least an hour.

Blog Entries

I am sure Jimmy's awful food as reported here is the reason you have to wait in line at the two I go to. It is so awful they keep opening restaurants with people waiting in line to get in. Must be good business to serve putrid food.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I am sure Jimmy's awful food as reported here is the reason you have to wait in line at the two I go to. It is so awful they keep opening restaurants with people waiting in line to get in. Must be good business to serve putrid food.
    In Oklahoma City, yes, it can be good business to serve putrid food.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    In Oklahoma City, yes, it can be good business to serve putrid food.
    LOL. Bad taste must be spreading. They now are in 4 states with 5 in Wichita alone. The one I went to in Wichita was packed. Guess Kansans have no taste either.

5. Default Re: Bricktown Brewery Sold for $1.2M

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yeah. There's no point in it remaining in its current state.
    Actually, went this weekend and it was awesome!!!

6. Default New and Improved Bricktown brewery

Went last weekend and had a really good burger, some awesome french fries, tasty beers. They remodeled the bar area and it looks and feels great. I used to be embarrassed of that place, but now I would go so far as to recommend it to out-of-town friends.

7. Default Re: Bricktown Brewery Sold for $1.2M

The Bricktown Brewery has had a major overhaul. The dining room is updated, the bar is completely reconfigured and has an outstanding feel to it. All-new menu (have only eaten a couple of dishes, but what I had was good). There is a major focus on Oklahoma-grown product on the menu. The beers have been reworked and re-branded. Also, they aren't afraid to take on other beers and have upgraded the non-Bricktown Brewery brewed suds, and now have a really nice beer menu, including LOTS of Oklahoma craft brews.

I'd be proud to take anybody in there. They've done a really nice job.

I am glad they changed their menu. The old one was farm slop. IMHO. Now I can give them another try since the few times I was there gave me more and more reason to NOT go back.

9. Default Re: New and Improved Bricktown brewery

Yeah, they've got their mojo back....

Default Re: New and Improved Bricktown brewery

Will have to try it out as we all switched to Belle Isle several years ago...Wasn't ever a big fan of their beers but am interested now that they ramped up their selection of non Brewery beer

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Will have to try it out as we all switched to Belle Isle several years ago...Wasn't ever a big fan of their beers but am interested now that they ramped up their selection of non Brewery beer
    I go to Belle Isle too... considering I work across the street it's handy

12. Default Re: New and Improved Bricktown brewery

Their beers, I think, are improved. The Kolsch was a nice addition.

I will try it out again. Bricktown Brewery was my very first dining experience in Oklahoma City, and I was not at all impressed at the time. The beer was good; the food was quite disappointing.

BUT, Hobby's Hoagies was my second meal in OKC, and I was so excited about that place that I decided to live right above it downtown!

14. Default Re: New and Improved Bricktown brewery

I think you'll find it to be better this time around, Jayhawk.

Very improved food and decor. Loved the Wednesday chicken special and great happy hour deals. The BBQ pork nachos and sweet potato fries w/pb, bacon & banana chips were amazing. Our group also liked the huge burger and hand breaded chicken tenders. Check it out, Tuesday has free chips & salsa for happy hour!

We have eaten there two times since it has changed hands and both times it was good and terrible...i wont be back

Quote Originally Posted by coldbeer View Post
    We have eaten there two times since it has changed hands and both times it was good and terrible...i wont be back
    "good and terrible"? What in the world does that mean? Surely you can give a little more detail than that if you want to pan something.

That was a nice way of saying it really sucked...

Quote Originally Posted by coldbeer View Post
    That was a nice way of saying it really sucked...
    I'm sorry but that doesn't give one bit of additional information. When you're going to give a bad review you should be able to give some idea about why you think it's bad. You may be justified in what you think but it's impossible to tell from what you've posted.

Default Re: Bricktown Brewery

Not sure if anyone has noticed but the Brewery has really expanded recently.

Just opened in Remington Park, will soon be open at Danforth & Kelly in Edmond and also near opening a Shawnee location at 4845 N. Kickapoo.

Here are some photos of the remodel from their Facebook page.

Love the graphics for the new beers:

Apparently they have looked into moving into the Omaha market.

I would hope with all this expanding that they would start making better beer. because so far, it's not that good at all. And i know that because of Oklahoma's antiquated liquor laws they can't make/serve anything > 3.2 on their premises. But that doesn't mean it has to be bad? Oak and Ore held a preview showcase before it opened, and they had several local breweries there showcasing their low point beers. I was truly surprised how good a low point beer can be. So what's Bricktown Brewery's excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    I would hope with all this expanding that they would start making better beer. because so far, it's not that good at all. And i know that because of Oklahoma's antiquated liquor laws they can't make/serve anything > 3.2 on their premises. But that doesn't mean it has to be bad? Oak and Ore held a preview showcase before it opened, and they had several local breweries there showcasing their low point beers. I was truly surprised how good a low point beer can be. So what's Bricktown Brewery's excuse?
    Belle Isle Brewery's home brews kill Bricktown's...Probably why I haven't been there in a long time

Belle Isle Brewery's home brews kill Bricktown's...Probably why I haven't been there in a long time
    I love Belle Isle. Probably my favorite restaurant/bar right now. I've been there like 10 times this month.

Thread Information