Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Corral Closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Golden Corral Closed

I noticed on my way to work this morning that the Golden Corral on Broadway was closed. I am sure everyone is really surprised.

Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

Golden Corrals are hideous.

There's one on I-240 and Penn that can just disappear anytime it wants.

Sadly, when the first one opened out in MWC several years ago, it was at least decent, but something along the way changed and they all started serving the same brew of remolded congealed carbohydrates.

Ugh.

-SoonerDave

And people wonder why we're on the lists of 'unhealthiest places'.

Close more of them!

4. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

I hope the one on North May is still open. Actually, I have a different opinion on Golden Corral solely because of their Fresh Vegetable Bar. I can go in there and get nothing but a huge plate of fresh vegetables and leave very satisfied.

----------

And people wonder why we're on the lists of 'unhealthiest places'.
    Having a Golden Corral doesn't make you unhealthy.

Eating there five or six times a week does.

-SoonerDave

Patrick Guest

I completely disagree with all of you. Golden Corral is actually one of my favorite restaurants, mostly for their salad bar. It's a lot healthier than McDonalds, or any other fast food restaurants. At least they offer veggies and the like. And their buffet is pretty decent.

7. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I completely disagree with all of you. Golden Corral is actually one of my favorite restaurants, mostly for their salad bar. It's a lot healthier than McDonalds, or any other fast food restaurants. At least they offer veggies and the like. And their buffet is pretty decent.
    You don't disagree with me. Maybe you missed my post about their fresh vegetables. I'm with you on Golden Corral.....good value, too!

---------------

MadMonk Guest

I like Golden Corral too. However, I've been to the one in Edmond once and was disappointed. The one on N. May is much better. It's a great place to take kids because of the variety of foods available - and you can bribe them to eat their veggies with the desserts. ;-)

Patrick Guest

I went to the one on I-40 and MacArthur for Thanksgiving. Yummy! Deeeeeelicious!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I went to the one on I-40 and MacArthur for Thanksgiving. Yummy! Deeeeeelicious!
    I go to the one at I-240 & Penn, and it has always been wonderful. They have a wonderful selection of salads, fruit, desserts, and veggies. Plus, their prices are pretty reasonable.

11. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

I prefer HomeTown Buffet.

ouch. i don't like golden corral, but i despise hometown buffet... i remember my family went for thanksgiving around 15 years ago... we usually cook, but i think my mom must've just gotten out of the hospital or something. i swear... it was thanksgiving of the living dead. ever since i've hated hometown buffet. -M

13. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

Um, the last time you went there was 15 years ago? You might want to give it another chance.

c'mon... i'm talkin' thanksgiving of the living dead here... that doesn't get a second chance. really. besides, i may have been back once or twice in that 15 years... just because i hate the place doesn't imply that i haven't been duped into going back.

in all honesty, i'm not a big fan of the buffet concept. it does work sometimes and with some cuisine... but more often than not, i feel that you get food that just doesn't taste that great.

-M

15. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Thanksgiving of the living dead

well... basically... i think the average age of the buffet's patrons that day was about 90 years old. they were shuffling around like zombies... and it was thanksgiving... hence thanksgiving of the living dead. don't take it too seriously, i'm just goofing around. -M

I prefer Hometown Buffet 100% over Golden Corral. Not even close.

Golden Corral strikes me as one of those places they clean thoroughly once every two to three years, whether it needs it or not.

I've found HTB to have a nice variety, generally fresher and cleaner than GC. Mind you, I used to really like GC, but somewhere things went terribly wrong.

-SoonerDave

18. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

My old roommate would refer to GC as "Golden Glutton",

Last time I ate at one was in Ft. Hayes, KS. My same roommate, who swallows his food w/o chewing, choked on a STEAK (you heard me) and threw it up in tact at our table...

...Needless to say I was through at that point.

19. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wonder View Post
    Last time I ate at one was in Ft. Hayes, KS. My same roommate, who swallows his food w/o chewing, choked on a STEAK (you heard me) and threw it up in tact at our table...

...Needless to say I was through at that point.
    hahahaha

Even better is Fire Mountain. I love that place.

oh wow... i've never been to fire mountain and didn't know that it was a buffet place... a google search revealed that it's owned by ryan's restaurant group... as in ryan's steakhouse, which basically was a golden corral clone. -M

22. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

Fire Mountain IS Golden Corrals suped-up replacement!

But you won't see me parked outside of one. It is seriously a crack house for overeaters!

(No offense to FM regulars, b/c I would enjoy FM too much, and my gf's family loves to go there too)

i have been to the one in Shawnee manny times hope they stay open i like the diff. choses of meats eventhough the steak is tough some times .I will contue to go backk it would be easyer if it was cheaper .thanks

24. Default Re: Golden Corral Closed

OK, OK... I know this thread is super old, but I had to chuckle reading it. Yes, the place has been closed for years now, but if you drive by today the sign still says "We closed"... just in case you were tempted to pull in there for breakfast.

Paul
    --------------------------------------------
    I AM PS3

Hey!!! This is my first post .... so 'Hello!'

anyways, I've looked at that sign on my way to work everyday since it closed --- "We Closed" is one of the funnier things i have ever seen .... I only looked in this tread to see if someone else has mentioned this...... Thanks PS3, this made my night/early morning!

Thread Information