Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sandwich shops

1. Default Sandwich shops

If you could choose a sandwich shop not already in Oklahoma City (metro), and not yet planned as far as we know, which place would it be? And why?

2. Default Re: Sandwich shops

My California favorite - ToGo's .... I can practically taste the Hot Pastrami and Mustard on a Fresh roll.. I miss that place ..
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Sandwich shops

The true "mom and pop" (actually mom, pop, and son) Jewish bakery and deli in downtown San Rafael, Ca. Fresh baked bread, corned beef flown in from NYC, and bialies to die for.

I ate at a sandwich shop once in Austin...Had great subs and a pitch guy named Jared....If I remember correctly the name was something like Subway

Think that concept would do well here in OKC

5. Default Re: Sandwich shops

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I ate at a sandwich shop once in Austin...Had great subs and a pitch guy named Jared....If I remember correctly the name was something like Subway

Think that concept would do well here in OKC
    I presume you are kidding? Jared is the Subway spokesperson. Last time I checked, which was, oh, let me see. Right now since I can see a Subway from my window, Subway was already in Oklahoma City.

Official SUBWAY Restaurants Jared Fogle & Friends Site

6. Default Re: Sandwich shops

I think I'd like a nice sarcasm sandwich right about now.
    Still corrupting young minds

apparently facetiousness is no match for... captain obvious. -M

8. Default Re: Sandwich shops

I guess now that I think about it the Subway I eat at once a week on NW Expressway does seem similar to that sub place in Austin

Could have sworn the olives tasted differently though

I loved Mr Goodcents on Northwest Expressway, but it closed

The subs were so much better than Subway, and the people were so friendly. The manager (or assistant manager, couldn't ever really figure out what he was for sure) had my husband & my orders memorized and we only went in there once every couple weeks.

mr goodcents makes a great sandwich... i'd go all the time to the one in norman while i was in college. that location is still open as is the one on broadway in edmond. -M

yeah there is still a mr. goodcents in edmond and probably elsewhere in the metro. my vote would be for a robertson's (which is an oklahoma franchise) but unfortunately will not locate in metro areas. one of their franchise rules is that you have to be a certain number of miles outside a metro area. my uncle looked at buying a franchise a few years back. next time your heading outside okc, try one of their sandwiches. they smoke their own meat and feature made in oklahoma products.

13. Default Re: Sandwich shops

Ahhhhh yes Robertson's! Now that's something I know, having grown up in Marietta. Best beef jerky around. Mom always gets us stuff from there for the holidays, like the jerky, sometimes she'll even get us smoked cheese or ham, and for one relative she always gets a pork tenderloin.

Yes, my family gives food at Christmas lol.

mmmm, mmmm. robertson's ham sandwiches. many a childhood trip featured robertson's (and stuckey's) as stopping points. -M

I think the best sandwich shop still in OKC is Someplace Else. Their hot Hoagie is great. Also their cinnamon rolls & breakfast biscuits.

The Ground Floor cafe' in Leadership Square has an awesome chicken salad sandwich.

Thread Information