Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

Patrick Guest

Default Best Dish on Thanksgiving

What are you most looking forward to tomorrow.. no, Bud Light while watching football doesn't count Lol

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

2. Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

Hmmm...it's hard to choose. I'm just going to say all my favorites because there isn't just one.

Creamed corn
    Mashed potatoes
    Broccoli and rice casserole (with cheese whiz on top...yeah, that's right. CHEESE WHIZ)
    Pumpkin pie w/whipped cream, the real whipped cream
    Green beans
    my aunt nettie's whole wheat rolls...drool...with lots of real butter

Turkey isn't my favorite meat, but since it's tradition, I'll eat it. I don't like stuffing...I just dip my turkey into the creamed corn!
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

Pumpkin pie with lots and lots and lots of Cool Whip on top... I like the real whipped cream too...

4. Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

My favorite dish? My girlfriend... Oh! You meant food!... Yams with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.

5. Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

We aren't turkey people, so we have roast chicken and pineapple ham instead. But I'm a side guy -- I luv mashed potatoes and stuffing. Pumpkin pie/whipped cream is it for me too.
    Continue the Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson View Post
    My favorite dish? My girlfriend.
    Would that be this forum?

7. Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

My favorite dish? My girlfriend... Oh! You meant food!... Yams with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
    Ew *shudders*
    Still corrupting young minds

8. Default Re: Best Dish on Thanksgiving

That's the great thing about this country. Traditions like Thanksgiving can be celebrated in our own ways...LOL!
    Continue the Renaissance

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by floater
    pineapple ham instead.
    Yum!

Patrick Guest

I'd have to say sides as well.......pumpkin pie....yum....pecan pie.........yum.........mashed potatoes..........yum!

i'm a big fan of smoked turkey... in fact, i just put our turkey in the smoker!

other than that, i like stuffing. bread stuffing, though my family usually makes the cornbread variety for thanksgiving. i like that, too, i guess!

and broccoli casserole... of course it's made with cheez whiz! somehow it's become some sort of family tradition over the years. 'the old man' refers to it as the 'green grunch.'

mashed potatoes & gravy!

pumpkin pie... made from fresh pumpkin!

pecan pie!

-M

MadMonk Guest

One of my favorite dishes is fried oysters on Thanksgiving. Most of my family is based around the southern east coast and has a great supply available, but the ones you get around here are just "okay". Freshness counts. Many find this dish odd - including my wife - but I've found a few people here over the years that like it too.

mmm, I like bread stuffing too. Not too many people around here do though. My Mother-in-law's cornbread stuffing is pretty good too though. My Father-in-law makes the best smoked turkey!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    One of my favorite dishes is fried oysters on Thanksgiving. Most of my family is based around the southern east coast and has a great supply available, but the ones you get around here are just "okay". Freshness counts. Many find this dish odd - including my wife - but I've found a few people here over the years that like it too.

mmm, I like bread stuffing too. Not too many people around here do though. My Mother-in-law's cornbread stuffing is pretty good too though. My Father-in-law makes the best smoked turkey!
    Ham....I can't stand turkey. Mashed potatoes, green beans, green onions, green beans, brown and serve rolls, sweet iced tea, chocoalte cake w/whipped topping............then football..nap...football...nap...football....eat desserts....football...nap...football...

if I had been able to actually go home & have Thanksgiving with my family, the stuffing would have been my favorite. My mom's stuffing is so great. I had to eat at the in-laws this year since my husband had to work over the holiday. Mother-in-law's stuffing isn't very good.

Thread Information