Hi. My husband and I will be moving to Edmond this coming June, along with our 11 year old daughter and our 8 year old son. We love the area and can't wait to get there!

This past week we came to Edmond to look at neighborhoods and kind of get an idea of where we should focus our home search. It's still a little early to buy...we'll be back in February or March for that. We have a wonderful Realtor who took us to just about every subdivision in town, and we finally settled on Rose Creek. My children are going to love that aquatics center!

Here is my question: Should we choose a house on the Deer Creek side or the Edmond side? School is very important to us, and both of the children are in gifted programs here in Florida.

We had a chance to visit Rose Union and Deer Creek High School, both of which we liked. We still need to visit Deer Creek Middle School, as that is where my daughter would be attending next year. I've been able to find out a lot about Deer Creek schools through the internet and I believe my kids would like it there, although it is a much smaller school than they are used to.

On our next trip down, we'll be visiting the Angie Debo Elementary, Summit Middle, and Santa Fe High schools. I can't seem to find as much information on these schools online. The elementary school has a very poor website, but that doesn't mean it's not a great school. I'm just having a hard time finding anyone talking about these schools.

I've been to the sites that have the 2005 test scores and both school districts seem acceptable. Test scores don't tell the whole story, though. Does anyone have any experience with these schools, and if so, would you recommend one over the other?

One final question...Is there a better resale value living on one side of Rose Creek as compared to the other side? We aren't planning to move again for many many many years, but I'd like to think I'm making a good investment. I understand that real estate in Oklahoma hasn't skyrocketed like it has here in Florida, but I certainly don't want to lose money on the house.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Kellie