Widgets Magazine

Thread: Development

1. Default Development

Just wondering if anyone knew why all of the trees were being cleared on the east side of 1-35 south of 19th st.??

Default Re: Development

I have been wondering what's going in there too...That will be one large addition if they expand The Woods all the way west to the access road

I am personally hoping for an apartment complex. Something upscale to compliment all the retail there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I am personally hoping for an apartment complex. Something upscale to compliment all the retail there.
    yeah!!!!! maybe one with a square mile of parking lots!

Errr...since when did apartment complexes get known for parking lots?

Considering...

...that this is the typical suburban apartment complex.

My buddy that lives just to the North of this area tells me that Cabela's is actually going in where they are clearing the land...Not sure of his source, but it makes sense with the rumors floating around a few months back

It would be a welcome addition to Moore and my house value!...Hope it pans out

That would be nice. I imagine some more retail as well. Glad to see the gap between Moore and Norman closing.

Exclamation Re: Development

I hope what he said is true!!!!!!! Why is there nothing of this on the internet? Nothing on the Moore website!

I have also looked for any info online etl w/ no success...But I did look at Cabela's website and they are expanding into smaller cities all over it seems so I have no reason to doubt what my friend said...They are clearing a huge portion of that land so there is definitely room there

It would be a nice catch for Moore as it seems to be even better than Bass Pro

I emailed Cabela's yesterday and got this response today:

Dear Sir/Ma am

We have received your request for information on a retail store opening in Oklahoma City, but at this time I do not have any information pertaining to such. We are continually scouting locations throughout the United States & Canada that fit our necessary criteria. We realize the benefits of a location in your region and appreciate the thought that Cabela’s would be a positive addition to your community.

Currently Cabela’s has fourteen retail locations through its’ subsidiary, Cabela’s Retail, Inc.
    Please visit our retail stores online at Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices.. Complete information is available regarding store location, business hours and phone numbers to contact each store at this link:

Cabela's -- Retail Stores

Make plans to stop at Cabela’s on your vacation; lodging can be obtained through Cabela’s Travel Service at 1-800-884-9332.

If you have further questions please call our Customer Service Department at 1- 800-237-4444.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,
    While it doesn't confirm our speculation, it doesn't rule it out either. As I noticed and probably Easy 180 noticed it too. The have future locations on their website (Moore was not listed), however they also have a "potential locations" section on their website where it does mention they are expanding into smaller markets. It looks like they run their locations almost like a franchise really. It listed the qualifications for a store, 25 acres minimum, 1 million people within 30 square miles, and major interstate access frontage. All of which Moore offers at that location. I guess we'll know either way soon.

Thanks for trying metro...I will ask my friend who his source was since I didn't remember to ask him at the time....Well with them clearing out all those trees someone must have signed the dotted line for that property

12. Default Re: Development

I just can't believe that if it is a Cabella's, an outdoor's and "nature" store, why would they be clearing ALL of the trees and filling in th small creek instead of enhancing those to go with their theme, as Bass Pro does...

13. Default Re: Development

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will probably be another major retail development. I can't see there being housing right there so close to the frontage road of I-35. Who knows, really? There aren't any signs posted there yet. Hopefully, we will know something very soon.

Thread Information