Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th and Broadway

Default 4th and Broadway

Announcement coming in half a year. Why don't you all guess what it is and see who is closest to being correct once the announcement is out?

It will be fun.

Default Re: 4th and Broadway

Mixed use structure on Kerr McGee's parking lot. Retail first floor, office/condo mix on the upper floors.

Something with Triangle Development?

4. Default Re: 4th and Broadway

Another hotel?
    Continue the Renaissance

MG's headquarters

Sandridge. The company, not an actual sandridge.

7. Default Re: 4th and Broadway

can we get a hint?

If it can't be announced for 6 months, then my guess is nothing, but since no money is involved, I'll guess new retail.

82 story oil rig or the new Embassy Suites.:boff:

10. Default Re: 4th and Broadway

you mean next door North of TAP? our old mini parking lot? TAP has their own parking inside, and the Y parking lot is on the east side of 4th. I hate guessing games. I am sure it wont be retail, the lofts on 6th seem like they rent ok, so I will say another loft with inclosed parking. PM me if I am in the ballpark.

Why don't you just tell us if you know, otherwise considering your history on this site, not many will trust you in the first place. I'll believe whatever it is when I see it.

"considering your history on this site"

Makes me want to tell you it's a Wal Mart. I just thought guessing games would be fun, considering the recent history of discussions on this forum.

I am going to tell you it's a Wal Mart, Mr. Metro.

well Spartan, I doubt that, in fact I'll go out on a limb and say your flat out lying. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it (when it's built), either that or wait for an official announcement from reputable sources.

I used to run a metro announcement thread on another forum that no longer exists.

Metro...having nothing to do with you.

15. Default Re: 4th and Broadway

it is going to be the first 10 story wal-mart.

Anyone know the address of the site? I plugged it into the County Assessor's website, but couldn't get the address to come up. TAP across the street is 415 N. Broadway, so I'm guessing that the site across the street is an even numbered address between 404 and 420.

I'll put this guessing game to an end - it is in fact a 6 story Wal-Mart with groceries. It is a new concept that Wal-Mart is trying. However, it is not going by the name Wal-Mart. They are using the name Urban Market. The first floor will be groceries with an emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables. The store will be geared towards the urban dweler, so no canoes or camping gear. They also plan to have an upscale wine selection but it will take some work on behlaf of the state to change a few laws, hince the six month wait. The other floors will have high-end furniture, plasma tvs, and designer clothes - no t-shirts with top ten list on them. There will also be a Penara Bread instead of the standard McDonalds. Actually, I'm just kidding but it would be a nice concept for Wal-Mart to try.

Something like that would be a little premature for the area IMHO. Once a few of these residential developments are built, something like this might really be a winner.

No it's really not. If you go back to the future downtown had many of these type of stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I'll put this guessing game to an end - it is in fact a 6 story Wal-Mart with groceries. It is a new concept that Wal-Mart is trying. However, it is not going by the name Wal-Mart. They are using the name Urban Market. The first floor will be groceries with an emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables. The store will be geared towards the urban dweler, so no canoes or camping gear. They also plan to have an upscale wine selection but it will take some work on behlaf of the state to change a few laws, hince the six month wait. The other floors will have high-end furniture, plasma tvs, and designer clothes - no t-shirts with top ten list on them. There will also be a Penara Bread instead of the standard McDonalds.
    Seeing as this is the most likely guess, I will answer it: No.

But as far it being a neat idea for Wal Mart of all folks to try, I say not. I think it's horrible to even mentally conceive where Wal Mart would enter the downtown area.

whole foods??

Actually, I was only half way being funny. Here in Jacskonville there is a new development called Kendall Towncenter. At the center of the development is a Super Walmart that is made to look like on old downtown building. It still takes up 3 football fields but it all brick and use windows to give it the look of a three story building.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...21625156.shtml
    Prospecting in Regency - The Business Journal of Jacksonville:

Some might find it interesting that a local oil company (Gate) is behind a lot of the commercial and retail development in Jacksonville. Why? They have a lot of money they need to spend or else they have to pay it in taxes.

Does Tampa not have its own forum?

Don't know - I moved from Tampa 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Some might find it interesting that a local oil company (Gate) is behind a lot of the commercial and retail development in Jacksonville. Why? They have a lot of money they need to spend or else they have to pay it in taxes.
    That's actually very interesting. So in Florida, they don't tax corporate income if it's reinvested?

Gate has a real estate division so they can take profits from the oil business and use it to cover operating expenses in the real estate divsion. Since they now make lower profit at the top reporting company they don't have to pay as much in state and federal taxes since the actual profit is lower. Plus they get to diversify their business to make it through the lean years. This might be the same thing Chesapeak is doing on Western Ave.

Thread Information