Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

1. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

I just ate at the Bricktown location last night for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised (and FULL). :up: Looking forward to going back in the future for sure.

Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Don't forget about the original location while you're out and about. 6705 N. May Avenue. (North of 63rd on May, directly across from McDonalds)

we eat there WAY too often!!! I love the desserts!! perfect sizes and I could just go on and on!!! YUM

4. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

for some reason i think the original location is the best. (at least foodwise)

Wow. That news made my day. I just hope they have more seating that at their original location, which is so popular I often have trouble finding a parking spot outside and a free table inside.

6. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Bad news for Gaetano's across the street.

Let's hope so jbrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pants View Post
    Wow. That news made my day. I just hope they have more seating that at their original location, which is so popular I often have trouble finding a parking spot outside and a free table inside.
    The Edmond location will be as big, if not bigger, than Bricktown with 2 large dining rooms for private parties.

Quote Originally Posted by lkberry1 View Post
    Let's hope so jbrown.
    Let's not hope so. I personally like Gaetano's MUCHHHHHHHHh better than Falcone's. They each offer something different and unique. If anything we need to encourage more NYC'ers living in OKC to open up business. Perhaps one day we could have our own "little Italy" of sorts. Encouraging putting other local businesses to make others go out of business is reality but doesn't help other locals. I'd much rather have two local pizza chains than national pizza chains.

10. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Hopefully they can co-exist. Sure seems like Walgreens tactics, though.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Let's not hope so. I personally like Gaetano's MUCHHHHHHHHh better than Falcone's. They each offer something different and unique. If anything we need to encourage more NYC'ers living in OKC to open up business. Perhaps one day we could have our own "little Italy" of sorts. Encouraging putting other local businesses to make others go out of business is reality but doesn't help other locals. I'd much rather have two local pizza chains than national pizza chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Hopefully they can co-exist. Sure seems like Walgreens tactics, though.
    Just FYI: Prior to the attempt to expand to Norman, Gaetano's wanted Falcone to take over his place, but was refused. It's the many many manyyyyyyy requests of Edmond-ites that started the search for space there, as well as the popularity of the first 2 locations.

Default Re: Falcone's

I wanted to share an experience at Falcone's that I haven't personally had, but have been told a couple of times from my co-workers.

Several of my co-workers have gone to the Falcone's in Bricktown and have innocently asked for Canadian bacon on their pizza. The owner, Danny Falcone, heard this and actually yelled at them that they have "Italian bacon" not Canadian bacon.

When I first heard the story I thought it was a joke thing. You know, a good-natured jibe playing on the "real Italian food" thing, but my co-workers make it clear that he was actually angry.

And my own experiences can back it up. While I've never seen Mr. Falcone yell at someone about "Italian bacon," I've never seen him particularly happy. He always seems to be annoyed at his employees and his customers. Like a guy who thinks he's the only one who does anything right, but wishes he didn't have to be bothered with it all.

I just thought to share.

13. Default Re: Falcone's

That makes me want to go in there and ask for a Big Mac, some French bread, and a Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon just to watch the ensuing meltdown.

14. Default Re: Falcone's

Why does it matter? If people like the food, they'll go back. Though I don't know what "italian bacon" is, unless it's pancetta.
    Still corrupting young minds

Sounds like the Soup Nazi from that old Seinfeld episode...

Regardless of Danny Falcone's demeanor, his establishments produce some of the best-tasting and most authentic Italian food in the city. I don't really care what he's like either, so long as he keeps making those meatball bada-bings.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Why does it matter? If people like the food, they'll go back. Though I don't know what "italian bacon" is, unless it's pancetta.

Its the same exact thing: ham. He's just going way overboard with the "authentic Italian" thing. I mean, I get pizza from American establishments all the time and I don't get yelled at because they have "American bacon."

17. Default Re: Falcone's

It'd be the same as someone asking for ranch with the pizza.

It's fine if you're eating Pizza Hut or Papa John's -- Falcone's doesn't need it. Or Canadian Bacon. Or pineapple. Those are reasons to get whacked, as Danny says.

18. Default Re: Falcone's

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It'd be the same as someone asking for ranch with the pizza.

It's fine if you're eating Pizza Hut or Papa John's -- Falcone's doesn't need it. Or Canadian Bacon. Or pineapple. Those are reasons to get whacked, as Danny says.
    Not that I'm a fan of ranch on pizza or anything...But that's like saying I can't have pepper on my potatoes because that's not how they do it in Idaho.

I've tried Falcone's pizza 3 times now, and in my opinion it isn't good enough for him to treat customers that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Not that I'm a fan of ranch on pizza or anything...But that's like saying I can't have pepper on my potatoes because that's not how they do it in Idaho.

I've tried Falcone's pizza 3 times now, and in my opinion it isn't good enough for him to treat customers that way.
    First of all, unless you know Danny it's hard to tell his demeanor. Don't be so quick to judge. He's from Bronx, New York...everything he says comes off hard, blunt & rude when it's just his personality. I've known Danny for 8+ years and have worked at the May location since October 2006. Trust me when I say I'm sure he wasn't yelling at the customers. He's just a loud, outspoken man and what comes off rude here in Oklahoma, is normal on the East Coast, where we're from.

To clear up confusion: Pancetta is Italian Bacon. Procuitto is Italian ham. If you want ham on your pizza, tell them the sweet honey ham which is more like canadian bacon. If you want the Italian experience with ham, try procuitto or better yet, get a Falcone Special pizza. It's a white pie with procuitto & spinach. MMMMMMMMMMMM delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    Sounds like the Soup Nazi from that old Seinfeld episode...

Regardless of Danny Falcone's demeanor, his establishments produce some of the best-tasting and most authentic Italian food in the city. I don't really care what he's like either, so long as he keeps making those meatball bada-bings.
    So glad you like the food. Put some Bada-Bing on that thing!

21. Default Re: Falcone's

Quote Originally Posted by lkberry1 View Post
    First of all, unless you know Danny it's hard to tell his demeanor. Don't be so quick to judge. He's from Bronx, New York...everything he says comes off hard, blunt & rude when it's just his personality. I've known Danny for 8+ years and have worked at the May location since October 2006. Trust me when I say I'm sure he wasn't yelling at the customers. He's just a loud, outspoken man and what comes off rude here in Oklahoma, is normal on the East Coast, where we're from.

To clear up confusion: Pancetta is Italian Bacon. Procuitto is Italian ham. If you want ham on your pizza, tell them the sweet honey ham which is more like canadian bacon. If you want the Italian experience with ham, try procuitto or better yet, get a Falcone Special pizza. It's a white pie with procuitto & spinach. MMMMMMMMMMMM delicious!
    Why does he get a pass for treating people like crap when I can't get away with it? I don't care where somebody is from, you don't get a geographic mulligan when you berate somebody who probably doesn't understand why. I can't be an abusive and misogynistic jackass to women in Oklahoma just because I'm from...Say...Pakistan, and now living here.

In Atlanta, a lot of the smaller restaurants in places like Five Points are known for rude waiters and waitresses. I don't really understand it, but if you like the food.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Why does he get a pass for treating people like crap when I can't get away with it? I don't care where somebody is from, you don't get a geographic mulligan when you berate somebody who probably doesn't understand why. I can't be an abusive and misogynistic jackass to women in Oklahoma just because I'm from...Say...Pakistan, and now living here.
    And who's to judge whether he was being rude or not...as I said he comed off as being loud & rude when it's just his demeanor. It's not a pass...it's called personality. Berate???? You must be kidding!

Customers are to judge whether he was being rude or not. As a business owner he should know that he's not going to "get to know" every customer and they won't know him, especially with three restaurants and even more especially with one in Bricktown. Customers aren't going to stop and think "Oh, he's probably just like that" when he yells at them for innocently asking for a Canadian bacon pizza. What they're going to is at least decide not to go there again and at most actually confronting him and making a scene (and/or a refund if they've already purchased items).

I'm not really attacking his character. I don't care about his character. Its mostly about his business sense and customer service.

There's a universal principle that certainly applies in this situation: If you don't like the way he treats customers, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Thread Information