Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

It looks like Falcone's will have ample outdoor seating, which I think is great. It should give it more visability, take advatage of the whole purpose of having a canal and a plaza there, and make for a nice after hours location to soak up some pizza grease and hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    It looks like Falcone's will have ample outdoor seating, which I think is great. It should give it more visability, take advatage of the whole purpose of having a canal and a plaza there, and make for a nice after hours location to soak up some pizza grease and hang out.
    It's probably better to have the drunks eat outside anyway...Less time spent inside the better

3. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

I always wondered why the previous occupants of that space didn't use the patio directly south overlooking the canal for outdoor seating. I guess it didn't fit their formats, but it will be good to see more people eating outside. It's great to walk by Earls on weekends when the inside is packed out and all the outside tables are full of people.

I agree-that's a perfect spot for patio dining. I think that all the restaurants in Bricktown (at least new ones coming in) should try to find a way to offer some kind of outdoor seating. The outside seating/view of the canal is certainly what enticed us to go to Othello's last time.

I just hope they don't end up attracting a lot of the young ones from the theater, well, not so much the young ones as the folk, young and not alike, who couldn't find a trash can without extreme assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I agree-that's a perfect spot for patio dining. I think that all the restaurants in Bricktown (at least new ones coming in) should try to find a way to offer some kind of outdoor seating. The outside seating/view of the canal is certainly what enticed us to go to Othello's last time.
    I absolutely agree... Not to change the direction of this thread, but I HATE it when I walk by Chelino's and their outdoor seating is closed. Not only closed, but it looks trashy with tables and chairs stacked up and shoved off to the side. We ate there last weekend and asked for outdoor seating (it was a *nice* day). The receptionist said the outdoor seating was closed. I voiced my discontent, she just said "sorry."

I really want to see more restaurants take advantage of outdoor seating, I also would like to see better service from those restaurants when I dine outside.

Now back to the topic at hand.... I have never eaten at Falcone's but I walked by there yesterday and saw t-shirts stacked on some tables (looks like they are getting ready to open!). After how everyone on this forum has talked it up I am really excited about trying it in the next couple of weeks!

Falcone's set to open on Friday May 11 at 11:00 am.

8. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

JUst like gaslamp in san diego or the old new orleans.....you can sit in or out and feel comfort.........you are on the right track/ try nonnas patio cafe and try the chicken salad sandwhich.........wonderful , however that makes bricktown on the right track, something different............

9. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

But i also heard Falcones was great.........we need a pizza place in BT....sit down wise ....pep from hideaway at the baseball game doesnt count ...Chuck...e....cheese i mean does not exist.....................If my wife lets me off a diet i will try falcones.........however they beat hideaway to the punch of a sit down restaurant, but there is always room for successful businessmen in bricktown OKC...

Falcone's opening Bricktown location Friday the 11th at 11am. Normal hours will be Sun-Thurs til Midnight and Fri-Sat til 3am. I believe Danny is planning to stay open just til midnight on the 11th tho since it's the first night...just to see how things go.

There will be live music tomorrow night and every weekend. Most likely Italian style music, like he has on satellite at the North May location.

11. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Rock n Roll lets go...

12. Default Falcone's In Bricktown-----today Is The Day!!!!!

I want to envite everyone down for the opening of Falcone's at 208 Johnny Bench Dr. . Come and enjoy some pizza, pasta or one of our "best sandwich's in town". Come eat like a real italian.

13. Default Falcone's In Bricktown-----today Is The Day!!!!!

I want to invite everyone down to 208 Johnny Bench Dr. to the opening of our Bricktown location. Come eat like a real Italian.
    Last edited by Karried; 05-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Default Re: Falcone's In Bricktown-----today Is The Day!!!!!

I won't make it today, but I'll stop by the next time in Bricktown... Pizza at Falcone's, and then beer at Tapwerks, and maybe a baseball game.

15. Default Re: Falcone's In Bricktown-----today Is The Day!!!!!

I may be stopping by for dinner with a friend who is coming up from Houston to interview for a job. We will also be touring the Park Harvey.

I will be there this evening with guests, so save me a table for 6.

I just got back from having lunch there. The place was hopping and the pizza was great. Maybe it was the added attraction of sitting out on the canal while having some authentic NY pizza, but I think it was better than what I'd had at the one on May. I was surprised by how many opted to sit inside on this beautiful day, but it just means the best tables outside were available for me.

Not a deal-breaker, but do you have beer at this location?

I can confirm that they do have beer... at least they have the taps. My guess is they'll be serving Oklahoma's finest 3.2.

Wildman,

I visited your May location the second or third day after you opened it. My wife and I are New York pizza snobs and, unfortunately, the pizza we had was not good. I don't think your pizza cooks were ready for prime time, but the crust was really thick and you apologized for the bad pizza. We were very disappointed as we had been craving some GENUINE New York pizza.

A friend has promised me that we just caught you on a bad night and I'm giving you one more chance.

Can't wait to see the new location! I think we (and by we I mean me and everyone I can drag) will be there next week because a bunch of us just ate at the May location the other day. Plus we are waiting out the kinks (assuming all opening nights don't go smoothly)

Awe come on now, soonerguru...I also suggest you try it again sometime, don't let one bad night scare you away. I too consider myself an east coast pizza snoot, and I've never been disappointed myself, and have certainly never had a bad crust let alone a bad pizza. I eat here at least once a week, and now I don't have to drive as far! Hooray!

If you haven't already taken the hint, this is my absolute fav pizza in the metro and I want Falcone's to do great business, and never go away! I don't want to have to fly back to Jersey for good pizza, flights are expensive these days.

Bada Bing!

I ate at Falcone's for the first time tonight! It was gooood! We had the pizza and a Calzone. It was great and the crust on the pizza is perfect! I like it!!

They did have live music inside but we ate outside. I think it will sdo well in this location.

Some co-workers and I had lunch there today. I may be overstating a little, but the calzone I had was very similar to the ones that I had while in Italy last summer. I really enjoyed it.

Beer will be served once the liquor license is obtained.

My wife and I are New York pizza snobs and, unfortunately, the pizza we had was not good. I don't think your pizza cooks were ready for prime time, but the crust was really thick and you apologized for the bad pizza.
    My wife and I had the same experience. Trust me, give it another shot. It has gotten better every time I've gone. It now flops over your plate and the crust is the near perfect "fold and eat" thickness (that is, not thick at all).

They also have a meatball parmisagna sandwhich that looks awesome, but I have not been brave enough to try it yet (need more zantac ).

Thread Information