Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Best Pizza in OKC... simply heaven on a slice

And the meatball sandwich BadaBing is ridiculous.

Best Pizza in OKC... simply heaven on a slice

And the meatball sandwich BadaBing is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say it's the best. But it's good and welcome to Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by ouguy23 View Post
    I remember seeing a sign saying Falcone's coming soon here in Norman, but it has been removed, and the building is up for sale again. I guess he is going to focus on Bricktown and his other location.
    It was on Lindsey, and it would have done very well. I went into the May location the other day, and I kept thinking about how great it would have done in Norman. New York Pizza and Pasta on Campus Corner would've been out of business within two months of Falcone's Norman opening. Oh well...

5. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

The deal in Norman fell through. They are looking at other locations in the metro and Stillwater.

Patrick Guest

This is exactly what we need in Bricktown....nice unique, local restaurants. And this might actually do well, as we don't have a pizza place in Bricktown.

Is Hideaway Pizza not in Bricktown anymore?

Still there Watson, but it's only open when the ballpark is

Hideaway needs to remain open year round.

10. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

It's not really ideal when they have no indoor seating. I don't think you can even order from outside the ballpark when it is open.

Made in Oklahoma: Falcone's Pizzaria and Deli

•Address: 6705 N May Ave., 208 Johnny Bench Drive.
    •Employees: 12.

•Key personnel: Danny Falcone, owner.

•Products: "New York style” pizza, Italian food, deli.

•Background: Falcone's Pizzaria and Deli is being greeted these days as a much welcome outpost for New Yorkers with a craving for a slice of "real” pizza and a chocolate cream soda. Brooklyn native Moises DeJesus, who moved to Oklahoma City two weeks ago, eagerly exchanges directions to his old home with shop owner Danny Falcone as if the pair both came from a small village of 100 people. Such occasions repeat daily, and a glimpse of the discussions that spark between Falcone and his customers might lead one to think he's been serving pizza at his May Avenue shop for 20 years.

In fact, he only opened his first shop along May Avenue last August. But word of mouth built quickly with both east coast transplants and locals yearning for authentic New York style pizza. Falcone jokes he doesn't even list chocolate cream soda on his menu because it's so foreign to Oklahomans — though mention of the drink instantly caught DeJesus' attention.

Falcone hadn't operated a restaurant in 20 years when he decided to pursue his dreams after working locally in the wholesale clothing business. The restaurant's decor plays up his New York roots, with walls decorated with Yankees memorabilia and autographed gangster movie posters. He has yet to do any advertising.

"Over here, we get a lot of repeat business,” Falcone said, after learning DeJesus was led to the shop by a friend. "Everybody comes back and brings family and friends.”

It was one such customer who approached Falcone earlier this year about opening a second location in Lower Bricktown. Developer Stonegate/Hogan was seeking a new tenant for space vacated by a short-lived Mexican restaurant. Falcone, well aware of Bricktown's continued growth, jumped at the opportunity and is set to open for business May 1.

The new location will feature most of the same menu found at the May Avenue shop, with a decor equally concentrated on tributes to Yankees and wiseguys. But where the May Avenue shop is 1,900 square feet, the Lower Bricktown location is 3,550 square feet.

Falcone's only concern: finding enough employees who make pizza. A recent help wanted ad drew a dozen responses.

"I asked each of them how to make dough,” Falcone said. "And they only knew that they're supposed to start with a pie. What they do here is they work in the chains, they get a pan that already has the dough in it, they add sauce and cheese and put it in the conveyor oven. It comes out on the other end and they call themselves ‘pizza people.'”

Falcone said he has re-educated five employees already to where they are making pizzas the New York way, "flipping them up in the air and everything.”

When Falcone isn't in the kitchen, he's out in the dining area chatting with customers and welcoming newcomers as if they're the latest members in an exclusive club. He plans to split his time between the two restaurants, but he suspects the Lower Bricktown location will be patronized by more out-of-towners hitting downtown during special events.

Even so, Falcone plans to deliver at his new location, and will stay open until 3 a.m. on weekends. He's uncertain how to respond when asked about his flair for chatting up customers.

"It's something that should always be,” Falcone said. "It's not new, but I guess it's something you don't get with these national chains.”

Business Writer Steve Lackmeyer

Will definitely give it a try and I hope it makes it in that spot...Not the most visible location in bricktown unless you are walking by

Not the most visible location in bricktown unless you are walking by
    Which is funny, because you would think a place like bricktown would be all about pedestrian access. I think that location has been a casualty of the fact that lower bricktown was designed to draw foot traffic through the parking lot and not down the canal. Earl's does okay because it is betwen the theater and the parking lot, but that Noodle/Fuego/Falcone spot gets hurt because foot traffic bypasses it. Hopefully, the fact that it is a local unique establishment serving accessible food will be the difference for Falcones.

Another thing that hurts it is the distance from the Ford Center/Cox and those who work downtown...Quite a walk to get there and many will have already stopped to eat at the many restaurants closer by and visible from sheridan or reno

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Another thing that hurts it is the distance from the Ford Center/Cox and those who work downtown...Quite a walk to get there and many will have already stopped to eat at the many restaurants closer by and visible from sheridan or reno
    I hear what you're saying. I work downtown, so I will need to figure out how to take the trolley. It's doable but a hassle. Falcone's is worth it. That place is wise.

Better off in Bricktown than in Norman; just ask Al Eschbach's in about a year.

Al Eschbachs bar is always going to suck until he understands that he needs to serve good food and have at the minimum... average wait staff.

His bar is going to nosedive really soon

Default Re: Falcone's

Falcone's is greatness.

You must have gone on a off night. Call ahead with your order and it'll rock your socks off.

Little thing called advertising might help, but the place has been DEAD the times I have driven or walked by....Doubt it will just magically pick up traffic over time w/o them doing something about it

They're no longer putting one on Lindsey St. in Norman.

The sign came down about a month ago and a 'For Lease' sign went up.

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    It was on Lindsey, and it would have done very well. I went into the May location the other day, and I kept thinking about how great it would have done in Norman. New York Pizza and Pasta on Campus Corner would've been out of business within two months of Falcone's Norman opening. Oh well...
    Not a chance. Normanites know and love NY Pizza and it has a great location to campus.

Falcone's would have been far away from campus on Lindsey Street. Everything that has ever moved into that location has failed horribly. Even if it did well, it would be too far away from NY Pizza to make any difference.

yeah, they're focusing on the bricktown location only right now. For more info see the Bricktown section of this site.

23. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Falcone's has a one of a kind taste on all its foods. Very unique to this area. Bricktown will do very well. It is very positive for the company.

24. Default Re: Falcone's

We tried this out last Sunday after church and really liked it. The fast, carry out set up will be great for Bricktown since Sonic is about the only other fast food option.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza so it would be fresher, but the slices didn't look bad. I thought it was a lot better than Gaetano's, but my dad felt the opposite.

we finally made it by the 63rd & may location today... it was great stuff; just like new york style pizza should be. can't wait for the bricktown location to open up. -M

Thread Information