Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Awnings or not that place will be very busy. The pizza is just too good!

the signs are up

Quote Originally Posted by Rage_Kage View Post
    the signs are up
    I saw them, too, Rage. For the curious, they are smaller (I think) than the Bricktown signs, and they are multi-colored, so I guess he got that in there afterall. It looks like when he finally opens up, they'll be lit up at night.

As for the awnings, I'm afraid I have to agree with the Edmond City Council on this one. The awnings there are permanent, metallic awnings, that as someone else has suggested, fit in with the railroad "theme" of the strip.

It's ironic they are located right next to a health. fitness and diet consultant group!

Quote Originally Posted by ParksGal View Post
    It's ironic they are located right next to a health. fitness and diet consultant group!
    I noticed that too and laughed, the signs are deffinetly different from the bircktown store but i think even without the awnings it is an attractive location.

5. Default Tonite on FOX25

I just saw a promo on FOX 25 regarding a story about Falcone's and "guess who he's banning from his restaurant."

Tune in at 9pm on KOKH.

Default Re: Tonite on FOX25

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    I just saw a promo on FOX 25 regarding a story about Falcone's and "guess who he's banning from his restaurant."

Tune in at 9pm on KOKH.
    I missed it... Who?

7. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

He has a sign now at the front of his store banning certain city officials that were roadblocking the awning he wanted. Too Funny!

He has a sign now at the front of his store banning certain city officials that were roadblocking the awning he wanted. Too Funny!
    That is funny... so are they open?

9. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by sooners83 View Post
    That is funny... so are they open?
    Yes, it is.

Wow...city officials were trying to not let the shopping center look tacky, so he's going to be a baby and ban them? I guess thats less business for him. I keep hearing about the pizza and how its so good, but the more I hear about the guy that owns it, the less I want to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I keep hearing about the pizza and how its so good, but the more I hear about the guy that owns it, the less I want to go there.
    He's not a bad guy... but he is definitely a character. And pretty good at promoting his place, whether by design, or just because he acts out. After all, look at all the discussion his little foray into Edmond brought to this board.

Oh, yeah... he makes pretty good pizza, too.

There's an article today on newsok.com "Eatery's owner reserves right not to serve officials who voted against him"

An excerpt:
    "Above the counter at his newest restaurant — recently opened at 180 W 15th St. in Edmond — is a sign telling Edmond Planning Commissioners Suzy Thrash and Ingrid Young and attorney Lydia Lee with the Edmond Neighborhood Alliance to take their business elsewhere and stay off his property. The note is set atop the background of an Italian flag."

He later goes on to say he doesn't know if they're just being prejudiced or ignorant. I think that's a bit of a ridiculous accusation.

But the food is so good.

13. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Well, seems KFOR (Wednesday's 10:00 PM newscast) has uncovered the real reasons why at least one Edmondite is upset about Italian Overhead Awning. Apparently, Lydia Lee of the "Edmond Neighborhood Alliance" is still hungover from watching too much of "The Sopranos." Hey Danny, Ms. Lee compared you to Tony Soprano. LOL!!! "It's like America...I mean this is still where people come to make it. It's a beautiful idea..." (Quote from the HBO Television Show, "The Sopranos). If you support Danny, please let them know down at City Hall...City of Edmond, Oklahoma | Home. You can also show your support at the Chamber of Commerce... Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce :: Edmond, Oklahoma. "Rally for Falcone's" planned for June 2, "Republic Day." That's an Italian Holiday for you folks in Edmond that didn't know that.

14. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

I think his sign is priceless. The public loves this kind of stuff. I just saw a comment from Edmond on KFOR this morning. They are comparing him to Tony Soprano! I've said it here before, I personally think the Pizza at Penn Square is far better (heck, even Mazzio's), but I'll go to the Edmond location just to support him and his antics!

welcome to edmond. where the neighborhood alliance means i get to tell you how to make your personal business and/or home look. It is all so ridiculous. It doesn't surprise me at all they don't like his awning. If they are anything like the old bats in my neighborhood alliance. These ladies call the cops if your trash can is left out past noon on Friday. It's tacky for pete's sake. They have nothing better to do than stare out the window all day and they shouldn't have to see my trash can.

So why would they want something tacky hanging over a restaurant in Edmond that they might see when they drive by? We have standards you know. We can't just let everyone live free. That would be chaotic and unruly. If you let the mobsters have their awning who knows what would happen next!

yep. The love of Edmond strikes again. We aren't snooty, we are practical. Now a billion foot tall cross - that you can put up!

Now please pass the liquor so I can stand my life.

16. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Well, if you've seen the building, you will see why it makes perfect sense to not allow him to paint the awnings. Now that would be tacky.

Tacky is all the junk cars that some business owners along Fretz have littered about their property. Who cares about a silly colored awning. Edmond has far worse eyesores! The neighborhood alliance is a joke.

I agree jbrown...I know that the city gets into a lot of stuff that is silly (boulder in front of crest)...but its extremely easy to see what they are making the fuss about...

Plus everyone knows the Edmond city council is completely racist..especially against Italians..;-)

19. Smile Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    welcome to edmond. where the neighborhood alliance means i get to tell you how to make your personal business and/or home look. It is all so ridiculous. It doesn't surprise me at all they don't like his awning. If they are anything like the old bats in my neighborhood alliance. These ladies call the cops if your trash can is left out past noon on Friday. It's tacky for pete's sake. They have nothing better to do than stare out the window all day and they shouldn't have to see my trash can.

So why would they want something tacky hanging over a restaurant in Edmond that they might see when they drive by? We have standards you know. We can't just let everyone live free. That would be chaotic and unruly. If you let the mobsters have their awning who knows what would happen next!

yep. The love of Edmond strikes again. We aren't snooty, we are practical. Now a billion foot tall cross - that you can put up!

Now please pass the liquor so I can stand my life.
    Ha ha! You must live in Trails South! I do, and we have the exact same type of HOA staff. Ridiculous I agree. Our trash cans are required to be behind a fence so they can't be seen from the street... so I once considered painting a mural of the "green monsters" on mine just to spite them.

I also must agree that at least in this case the restrictions on the awning were overzealous. Please. Save us from the red, white, & green right? I personally think that the building looks nice, and would STILL look nice with the colored awnings.

The sign is priceless for sure.

Paul
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I AM PS3

20. Thumbs down Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by lkberry1 View Post
    Coming in November (tentatively) at 15th & Broadway...Falcone's Pizzeria & Deli!!!
    (near Dental Depot in the new shopping center)

I say tentatively for November because we all know how easily construction can be slowed.
    I just came from eating there, and I have to say... not impressed. Oh, the food was OK. But it was really overpriced. I'll overlook the 30 minute line and the 1+ hour it took to cook my pizza (They did just get featured in the paper for all that fighting they did with the city council here), but for what I paid I really expected a much better pizza, or something special that stuck out at least.

The whole operation seemed disorganized. I much prefer Old Chicago.

Paul
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I AM PS3

21. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

I Am PS3 -- I completely agree. Ate there too. Just like their two other locations, pizza is okay but certainly not a destiniation for great or even authentic pizza. I patronize them because they are local, fairly new and the owner is a real character. But, that said, unless the quality of the food and service changes, he will not be able to support three expensive locations on character alone.

If things stay as they are, I see him out of business or closing locations within 2-years.

If I was him, I'd sell while the fire is still hot!

My extended family and I went to the Edmond Falcone's last night for the first time. It was not the best restaurant experience I've ever had. I only wanted to order a slice of pizza and a calazone but they told me they were out of calzone and it would be a long time before they had pizza by the slice. Another person in our group wanted a sandwich, but they were out of sandwich supplies. I ended up ordering a whole pizza, a spaghetti for my husband, and two drinks. It was over $25.00.

My other family members ordered two pizzas and waited well over 30 minutes for it. When we went to check on the status of our own pizza, they had had never placed the order for it. By this time it was 9:00 and I had kids that needed to be in bed. They offered to go ahead a make the pizza, and that would have been another 10 minutes. The person I think was the manager had little sympathy for us and did not even offer us any compensation for their mistake.

Every other restaurant I 've been to would have been very apologetic and offered to make restitution for their mistake. I was not mean, but let them know my opinion of their service. The head cashier just looked at me and shook her head. The young men they had working behind the counter laughed at us after we walked away from the counter. We went back and told them we'd like the money for our pizza, that we no longer wanted the pizza, and we wouldn't be back. They said they didn't have any change and rudely handed us back more than the price of our pizza, still with an attitude that we were the problem, not them. They had a few customers, a couple of large and small parties, most of whom already had their food.

I have to say that the pizza we bummed off of our other family members was wonderful and I hate that we had such a problem with their staff.

23. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

I do have to agree with everyone here as far as the help at Falcone's. It's not very good. The Bricktown one has better people and is better organized.

What's amazing is that you would think if the service was so bad and pizza was only so so, that they wouldn't get much business. The one on May is packed all the time and since the Edmond location has opened, there seems to be steady business, often packed.

He must be doing something right.

25. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by PUGalicious View Post
    What's amazing is that you would think if the service was so bad and pizza was only so so,
    The pizza is not so-so, and the service is fine most of the time, at least at the original and Bricktown locations.

Thread Information