Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's

i don't know the owner of falcone's, but have seen him at both the may and bricktown locations. in both places i've never seen him act irate towards a customer. in fact, the times i've seen him he's always seemed to be pretty friendly to his restaurant's patrons going from table to table greeting customers and regulars.

-M

2. Default Re: Falcone's

That's my experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Customers are to judge whether he was being rude or not. As a business owner he should know that he's not going to "get to know" every customer and they won't know him, especially with three restaurants and even more especially with one in Bricktown. Customers aren't going to stop and think "Oh, he's probably just like that" when he yells at them for innocently asking for a Canadian bacon pizza. What they're going to is at least decide not to go there again and at most actually confronting him and making a scene (and/or a refund if they've already purchased items).

I'm not really attacking his character. I don't care about his character. Its mostly about his business sense and customer service.
    ok firstly i meant who's to judge as far as someone who "heard from a coworker", but not personally experienced it, as this was initially started in this way.

secondly, his business sense must be pretty good to have 2 VERY popular restaurants in the OKC area and a 3rd opening in Edmond soon.

MadMonk Guest

I went to Falcone's today for lunch (May Ave). I didn't realize how small that place is; it was packed and we where lucky to get a stool by the window. The stromboli is great, BTW!

5. Default Re: Falcone's

There's a Buy 1 Slice Get 1 FREE ad in yesterday's paper!!!!!!!!!

6. Default Re: Falcone's

Just reading over the recent comments.

I've eaten at Falcone's several times (May and Bricktown) and while I enjoy it, I'd have to say it is far from excellent and often simply satisfactory.

Many times my pizza has been lack luster in flavor and room temperature at best.

That said, I still enjoy the atmosphere of the May location but prefer Sonic or Earl's in Bricktown before/after a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by lkberry1 View Post
    ok firstly i meant who's to judge as far as someone who "heard from a coworker", but not personally experienced it, as this was initially started in this way.

secondly, his business sense must be pretty good to have 2 VERY popular restaurants in the OKC area and a 3rd opening in Edmond soon.
    I live near the coming Edmond location — I can't wait. When will it open?

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    There's a Buy 1 Slice Get 1 FREE ad in yesterday's paper!!!!!!!!!
    which paper?

Quote Originally Posted by PUGalicious View Post
    I live near the coming Edmond location — I can't wait. When will it open?
    Danny is shooting for the first week in November...hopefully construction won't get delayed to push the opening back.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    which paper?
    The Daily Oklahoman

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lkberry1 View Post
    Danny is shooting for the first week in November...hopefully construction won't get delayed to push the opening back.
    Sounds delicious!

I'm all for it as long as Gaetano's doesn't go out of business. I better get up there again and get me some just in case it does.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I'm all for it as long as Gaetano's doesn't go out of business. I better get up there again and get me some just in case it does.
    Problem is that Gaetano's has been only open for business very irregular hours for the last few months. It's very frustrating when you want pizza and there's no one there again and again and again. There's no way they can stay in business the way they've been operating of late.

Quote Originally Posted by PUGalicious View Post
    Problem is that Gaetano's has been only open for business very irregular hours for the last few months. It's very frustrating when you want pizza and there's no one there again and again and again. There's no way they can stay in business the way they've been operating of late.
    I've never eaten at Gaetano's myselt so I cannot form my own opinion as to his place. However, I've heard from many Edmond-ites that are patrons of Falcone's the same thing: that Mr. Gaetano's hours are very irregular, that he's often the only one there and is usually sitting on a treadmill and very slow with service.

16. Default Re: Falcone's

I've called Gaetano's for a pizza several times over the last few weeks, and even gone by there in person. The phone number ends up sounding like they've got the phones forwarded to a cell phone. Every time I talk to the guy and ask if they are open, he says "hopefully next week". The sign on the door says they are closed for vacation - it's been up for like a month. I've only tried their food twice and loved it, but it's a shame - I'm with PUG on this one - there's no way they'll survive the way they've been doing business (or not doing business) lately. Which is very sad because they have great pizza. And I don't know the story behind this, but they told me the first time I visited there that they actually got Falcone's started.

Quote Originally Posted by karlanee View Post
    And I don't know the story behind this, but they told me the first time I visited there that they actually got Falcone's started.
    I have no idea the validity of that statement. I do know that Mr. Gaetano tried to get Danny Falcone to take over his restaurant prior to Danny's attempt to expand to Norman. Danny turned him down. Unfortunately Norman fell through but that started Bricktown and now Edmond.

Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

The Edmond Planning Commission refused Falcone's plans to change the awning from maroon to the Italian flag colors (red, white and green). The owner basically told the commission that he would forget about opening a restaurant in Edmond. We'll see if he sticks by his guns.

everything is still a "go" for the Edmond location

20. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

The location of the site is really close to where I live. I'm excited about the possibility of Falcone's being so close (within 1/2 mile). However I do not understand why Mr. Falcone would lease a building with an already existing awning, one that hasn't even been occupied yet, and the paint is still wet on, and then expect Edmond of all places to be hunky dory over letting him change the awning on that one corner of the building to something that will so not match the rest of the colors on the building. Second, I can't understand for the life of me why the City allowed anyone to build a commercial building in that location, let alone why someone would lease there. Yes, it's high traffic - BUT only those people going East can get into it, unless those going West make a u-turn in already VERY congested area. The traffic in that area is horrible during the morning and late afternoon hours thank to a traffic light being so close to a train track, and then the addition of a Starbucks on that corner. I think the City planning/zoning commission needs some help figuring out what makes sense.

Even though I don't think the colors of Falcone's awning will look good on that building, really what's the big deal? Why is it so important for Edmond to look "good" that they are willing to drive away businesses, especially those owned by Oklahomans. Sometimes I think our city council is on something.

Anyway - I'm hoping Mr. Falcone doesn't ditch us up here in Edmond!

All this talk about Falcone's has made choosing lunch very easy! I'm headed up to the N. May location (I'm at work).

21. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

Where exactly is it going to be? I haven't driven that intersection in a while.

22. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

jbrown84 - are you familiar with where Dental Depot went in, just West of the railroad tracks? On the west side of their property, near the fence line of the apartment complex, they built a commercial building, sort of a square "strip shopping center" thing. The color and style match the Dental Depot building - maroon awnings and a mustardy-yellow colored siding. Because there is that new median there, the only way to get to it from the Westbound lane is to make a U-turn at the intersection where Fretz traffic turns onto 15th or go to that stop light at Fretz and somehow maneuver that way. Does that make sense?

Something I think is funny is that the tentants directly next door to Falcone's is a weight-loss/exercise service. How terrible would that be to have to fight temptation just to get out of the darn parking lot from your weight loss meeting?

23. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

That is an odd location for Falcone's to choose.

24. Default Re: Falcone's in Edmond

That's what I thought too - and if you've driven that area around evening rush hour you know how horrible the traffic is. It's bad enough that we usually go to 2nd street and take the long way half the time if we have to get out during rush hour. And inevitably, a train comes through during rush hour - whether morning or afternoon - hardly ever fails.

[QUOTE=All this talk about Falcone's has made choosing lunch very easy! I'm headed up to the N. May location (I'm at work).[/QUOTE]

Of all days to head to North May, you picked a day without electricity at the restaurant thanks to a garbage truck hitting a power pole up the street this morning.

I hope you enjoyed your visit anyway!

Thread Information