Widgets Magazine

Thread: For those that enjoy an occasional libation

1. Default For those that enjoy an occasional libation

If that is even the correct grammatical usage...

Anywho, what is your favorite mixed drink? I'm not posting a poll because there are way too many kinds, variations, etc.

Tonight I'm currently enjoying a cosmopolitan (okay, maybe more than one...I had a work-related victory, I'm sure you can relate) made with a cosmo mix and Skyy citron. Quite yummy. Glad I invested in those martini glasses and a shaker.

I also enjoy my margaritas with the mexican food, as well as other "girly" martinis once in awhile.

How 'bout you?

P.S. In no way is this thread meant to cause trouble--it's fun for me to see what other people enjoy. If you don't drink, please do not tell us we're all going to hell for it. I'm not talking alcoholism, I'm talking the occasional dinner-time cocktail or a drink with friends at happy hour.
    Last edited by bandnerd; 10-05-2006 at 08:53 PM. Reason: a little caveat
    Still corrupting young minds

2. Default Re: For those that enjoy an occasional libation

Hee hee...bandnerd's loaded. KIDDING!

Although I do enjoy an occasional mixed drink (Grey Goose vodka and tonic with lime), I tend to be a beer girl. I don't enjoy heavier beers...too much aftertaste. My latest favorite is Blue Moon with a slice of orange.

If I'm feeling daring, I may have a nice margarita, but for those super frisky times, just give me a shot of Petron. (Which I haven't had in MANY years, so I may not be able to handle it anymore!)

And I know I'm not going to hell for drinking...I'm Catholic and Irish; it's expected.
    "The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: For those that enjoy an occasional libation

Rum and coke is my favorite mixed drink.

ALL YOU SINNERS ARE GOING TO HELL.

but i guess i'm coming with y'all. i enjoy a good wine with a fancy dinner. i'm not so much a beer drinker, but prefer labatt's when i do. occasionally i'll have a maker's mark & dr. pepper. weird, i suppose. -M

p.s. libation is the appropriate word. triple-word score.

A good and spicy Bloody Mary is hard to beat

ChristianConservative Guest

Margarita for me. Or a nice chilled Mai Tai.

Single malt Scotch whiskey, maybe with a few cubes of ice in it.

I have a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year in the liquor cabinet right now.

When occasion calls for mixed drinks, I usually order things at random. I'm adventurous. When ordering this type of beverage, I especially like my drinks to come with little paper umbrellas in them.

8. Default Re: For those that enjoy an occasional libation

Anything involving a beer bong is okay in my book! LOL, I'm kidding!!!!!

I like a Peach Bellinis.. (I like Peach Schnapps), I like Cosmopolitans, White Zinfandel and beer. I'm not picky.. although I've had a few at Bricktown Brewery that I really enjoyed.

( Here's a true story - on a cruise out of Texas this summer.. there was a group of Texas men who sat in the children's pool and slammed beer from a beer bong they brought on board.. it was so tacky in my opinion.. at least go the adult pool with your bong lol, but seriously, the kids were very intrigued by this behavior.. yikes - those Texans like to party!)
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I like Crown and Coke, White Russians (aka "a caucasian"), Black Russians, Margarita On the Rocks or a dirty Martini.

I make the best sobe and crown slushies.. I mean they are so awesome. As a matter of fact I had more than my share last night.. Y'all gotta try this drink.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTTCUTZ View Post
    I make the best sobe and crown slushies.. I mean they are so awesome. As a matter of fact I had more than my share last night.. Y'all gotta try this drink.
    And just how does one go about making one these tasty concoctions?

12. Default Re: For those that enjoy an occasional libation

Mine is beer first, love my beer. But as for mixed drinks I have two, one is the famous good margarita, the second is one called tom collons, if nobody has had it try it some time, its a good drink, has gin, 7up, and lime juice and the usual jiggers of sweet and sour mix.

Thread Information