Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Channels proposal

Default The Channels proposal

Has anyone read or seen about "The Channels" proposal just west of downtown Tulsa on the Arkansas River? Man this thing looks impressive. Basically they'd create a series of channels from downtown Tulsa to the River as well as making islands in the river to allow for high-rise condo developments and other skyscrapers. Pretty impressive. There was an article and rendering in the Journal Record a few days back, if anyone has access to the JR online please post!

Default Re: The Channels proposal

I am all for it, of course.

3. Default Re: The Channels proposal

It's dead...get over it.

Is it really dead?I read that Tulsa along with other towns along the 42 mile river corridor are meeting this thursday to try and develop a river authority.The channels people will be there with thier plan,so Ive heard nothing about it being dead,there are some other ideas,so maybe your right,Tulsans are dreaming big and I respect that.Its what are mayor is asking us to do,dream big

5. Default Re: The Channels proposal

Well it's dead in the fact that their proposal will required millions upon millions of city taxpayer money and people are protesting that on all fronts. They've got campaigns all over the city to keep that from passing, and I believe the city basically told them that they weren't going to even approach it. The citizens approach is, if you want to build it, you come up with the money for it.

It's a wasted effort to build those islands at that cost when you could build on the shore so much cheaper. So what if the building is in the middle of a river, it's not any more important, or any less important if it's on the shore.

6. Default Re: The Channels proposal

I hope greedy developers don't ruin one of the best areas in the entire state. Retiring somewhere around 31st and Riverside is my dream. The area is fantastic just the way it is.

I haven't heard much news from this for a while now but the same developers of the Branson Landing are currently making plans for the

Tulsa Landings but that's all we get from that right now...

Thread Information